The Official UNLV Dental Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Is there a waitlist currently?

Members don't see this ad.

Friend interviewed yesterday; 88 deposits in atm. 2nd deposit date is April 1st. There is no waitlist atm #yoloswagswagswag

Reactions: 2 users
If the class is already full for out of state, would that mean that no one who is OOS will get an acceptance call on March 8th? Why did they even bother to tell us to check back on that date then?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm just having trouble believing that they did all of these January and February interviews and then won't accept anyone from them on March 8th...?

Interviewed on Friday 2/19. Dr. Ancajas said that she expects a lot of students to drop their deposits due to other acceptances. She also said we can call on March 9th to find out what rank you are on the waitlist

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm just having trouble believing that they did all of these January and February interviews and then won't accept anyone from them on March 8th...?

I think 88 is fewer than it was before; it might be likely that by March 8th a couple more will drop their seats and UNLV can send out a few acceptances and inform people of their spot on the wait list. Since April 1st is when the second deposit is due, there will be movement on the wait list around that time.

does anyone know if UNLV has already released their 3rd round of acceptances? (for march 1st acceptances)

i was accepted on jan 12. second round. then i think the class is full and now the only acceptances come is when people withdraw on april 1st or before then

Roughly Half of Jan interviewers and all of feb interviewers for the 3rd round of acceptances is a big pool to choose from

Reactions: 1 user
Roughly Half of Jan interviewers and all of feb interviewers for the 3rd round of acceptances is a big pool to choose from
Phew, man am I glad I moved my January interview to early Dec.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! Does anyone know the address we send our transcript to? I can't find it on the application packet.

Interview tomorrow. Any advice?

It's really relaxed. Just prepare some questions to keep the conversations flowing. My interviewers didn't interrogate me much at all.

They said theyll go as high as 84! But not lower than 75

For those who chose UNLV program this year, what made you choose this program??

Interviewed Feb 12th, portal updated today says wait listed

Did you guys receive an email from the school, or was it just updated on portal

Interviewed on 2/19. Still says invited for interview

Interviewed 2/5 and mine still says invited for interview. So either really good or really bad, but looks like either way at least I won't be playing the waitlist game.

Sent from my XT1096 using SDN mobile

Interviewed 2/5 and just says invited for interview as well. I wonder what this means....

Wait listed. 2/12 interview. Anyone know if we are able to get our rank on the waitlist?

I interviewed 1/29 and my portal still says "Received/Application Complete" Does that make any sense????

Wait listed. 2/12 interview. Anyone know if we are able to get our rank on the waitlist?
Some people on last years thread said they were able to call and get their wait list number

For my interview on 2/19, they told us we can call them on March 9th to ask for the waitlist rank. But if they updated your portal now, then I'd definitely call to ask

Doesn't this mean that the committee has already met and made a decision on acceptances?

Sent from my XT1096 using SDN mobile

So... march 9th? :shrug:

So I just called admissions and they said they didn't have any decisions or an "executive decision" for me and told me they are meeting again in 2nd week of april? Idk what that means. What happens to march 9th? so confused....

Reactions: 1 users
So I just called admissions and they said they didn't have any decisions or an "executive decision" for me and told me they are meeting again in 2nd week of april? Idk what that means. What happens to march 9th? so confused....

Thanks for calling. This is so needlessly confusing.

The second week of April is such a long time to wait. But maybe we'll be able to get a more definitive answer because it's after April 1st.

:c

Can some of you guys who got waitlisted tell us if your score is +50?

Interviewed on 2/19. Status is till Invited For Interview.
I think for those that aren't "waitlisted" by now, there is "no decision" on your application currently. So very slim chances of getting in since we're neither accepted nor waitlisted.

I would have a 59 if I had gotten a perfect score on the interview. But I'm sure there are a lot of people on the waitlist that have well above 60 since they choose from such a big pool of interviewees.

Assuming my interviews went really well, I would've had a 50.5. But that's on the impression that my interviews went well (which I thought..). No decision here.

Interviewed 1/22 or something, my portal also said waitlisted

pre-interview score: 39.7

Pre interview score: 38.5
Score if received 5/5 on both interviews would be 63.

At this point I can almost guarantee that whoever isn't on the waitlist by now, is in fact rejected. (including myself) :bang:

Is everyone that got waitlisted today OOS?
I'm OOS