**The Official UoP c/o 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread** -(2015/2016 Cycle)

Read some schools do not even look at RC. I got a 21 and I seriously doubt any school will look highly upon my reading skills haha. I'd say you're fine.
Some schools RC is the most important score. I know for example at UNLV RC holds as much weight as your AA and the combined weight of your overall and science GPA. I have no idea why some schools put more or less weight on certain scores and others don't.

Members don't see this ad.

Some schools RC is the most important score. I know for example at UNLV RC holds as much weight as your AA and the combined weight of your overall and science GPA. I have no idea why some schools put more or less weight on certain scores and others don't.

Also correct. Not sure about UoP, any else?

Members don't see this ad :)
Read some schools do not even look at RC. I got a 21 and I seriously doubt any school will look highly upon my reading skills haha. I'd say you're fine.
Usually RC is right up there with AA for the most important score. Admissions officers from three CA schools (one of them being UoP) said that during their presentations. The ones that really don't matter much are PAT and QR.

I think you are right that it is a bit low for UOP.

An 18 is fine for UoP since it was on the PAT which is essentially useless unless you're below 16. Especially since he has a 24 AA/TS, which is above average for UoP and a great score.

UoP cares more about extra curriculars and personality than the DAT. As long as your scores are within their averages (in this case even above). Your application itself is what matters.

I have 18 RC and interviewed last week

You are the exception, not the rule. I was told RC is what they use to gauge whether you'll be able to retain a lot of information quickly, since it is an accelerated program, so they do have some emphasis on it.

This is absolutely not true. They care equally about all things. Just because you have all the EC in the world including the personality, if you don't have the grades first, you won't get an invite. They wouldn't risk accepting someone that wouldn't make it through the difficult program.

Which is exactly why I said if it is at least within their averages. Instead of getting defensive you should realize I was trying to defend your school by saying once you have good enough stats they really look at the rest of the application. They give out very few interviews and it is obvious they look at the whole application. Many schools "it seems" look at stats and give a lot of interviews based off of those. UoP really considers applications before giving interviews.

So I disagree, what I said was very true. If read correctly. If your scores are within their averages or above (the averages being competitive numbers) your personality and personal accomplishments is what matters.

Reactions: 1 user
Anything is "fine", but not competitive. Our class average on the PAT last year was 22. But what do I know compared to a predent that knows everything about my school?

Lol, no need to get defensive, I didn't claim to know everything about your school. Sure, an 18 is below the average, but I guarantee people were admitted with that PAT score. That's why 22 is the average. The fact that her AA and TS are both 24 (at least 2 points higher than UoP's averages) is significant imo since nearly every school would consider both of those to be more important than the PAT. At the very least you'd think the AA would counter the low PAT. Of course I can't say for sure because I'm not on the committee, but just because you're a student there doesn't really mean you know exactly what they're thinking about her app either.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Sorry for creating so much chaos i guess we'll all find out.. Also i'm a she

I've gotten 6 interviews and yet haven't heard a peep from UoP (AADSAS has said "Received/Under Review" since 8/21). What's up with that? Can't seem to understand it. Maybe they really are just behind in their process. I'm OOS too, but that shouldn't matter since they're private anyway. I mean, I know there are applicants with higher GPAs and DAT scores, but if my application was good enough to attract 6 other schools, I can't seem to identify why it wouldn't attract UoP.

If they're so late that 75%+ of their applicants don't hear from them until late November/early December, that's going to be way too late. People get acceptances on Dec. 1 and need to decide within a couple/few weeks of then...

Members don't see this ad :)
I've gotten 6 interviews and yet haven't heard a peep from UoP (AADSAS has said "Received/Under Review" since 8/21). What's up with that? Can't seem to understand it. Maybe they really are just behind in their process. I'm OOS too, but that shouldn't matter since they're private anyway. I mean, I know there are applicants with higher GPAs and DAT scores, but if my application was good enough to attract 6 other schools, I can't seem to identify why it wouldn't attract UoP.

If they're so late that 75%+ of their applicants don't hear from them until late November/early December, that's going to be way too late. People get acceptances on Dec. 1 and need to decide within a couple/few weeks of then...

You're OOS (even if they say that doesn't matter the interview and acceptance percentages show it really does) and don't have particularly exceptional stats, why would you expect an interview from UoP just because you got interview offers from several other less competitive schools?

Reactions: 1 users
Q: If I have applied to your dental school in previous years, am I guaranteed admission next year?
A: No. Our dental school has one of the largest applicant pools in the country. This year more than 2,700 individuals applied for 140 positions. Unfortunately, the Admissions Committee had to deny admission to many qualified applicants due to limited class size. Competitive applicants may need to apply several times before being invited for an interview.

I wonder how many of those 2700 applicants are out-of-state.

"Second-year students practice clinical dentistry 15 hours per week...Third-year students practice clinical dentistry approximately 33 hours per week" (UoP)

What's the typical number of clinical hours for D2, D3, and D4's per week in other schools?

I think some of the replies seemed a bit cold towards you. I don't normally post on sdn, but I wanted to respond to you. I don't think I have stellar scores (20AA/20TS/22PAT) and was completed 8/24. After seeing so many people get interview invited from uop and only silence on my end, I lost hope. However, I got an interview invite from them last week and they still had some November dates open. Just when I thought it was over for me, they sent an email! I am in-state but I'm not sure how much that helped me. Just don't lose hope. Things get better when you least expect it. Also, congrats on your 6 interviews! I have less than that. If you have any questions, PM me. :)

Reactions: 4 users
I think some of the replies seemed a bit cold towards you. I don't normally post on sdn, but I wanted to respond to you. I don't think I have stellar scores (20AA/20TS/22PAT) and was completed 8/24. After seeing so many people get interview invited from uop and only silence on my end, I lost hope. However, I got an interview invite from them last week and they still had some November dates open. Just when I thought it was over for me, they sent an email! I am in-state but I'm not sure how much that helped me. Just don't lose hope. Things get better when you least expect it. Also, congrats on your 6 interviews! I have less than that. If you have any questions, PM me. :)

Thanks for the hopes! I'll keep waiting out on UoP! But congrats on landing the interview!Cheers! Hope for the best since Dec1 is coming around!

Thanks for the hopes! I'll keep waiting out on UoP! But congrats on landing the interview!Cheers! Hope for the best since Dec1 is coming around!

Thank you! It's definitely scary since Dec is so close. I'm just gonna give it my best and leave the rest in God's hands. Good luck to you as well! :)

You're OOS (even if they say that doesn't matter the interview and acceptance percentages show it really does) and don't have particularly exceptional stats, why would you expect an interview from UoP just because you got interview offers from several other less competitive schools?

Hey, remember that time that I explicitly stated that my stats weren't the best (and that I knew there were those out there with better) and then you re-iterated that my stats aren't killer?

Why do you have to hurt my feelings so hard? I'm sensitive, you know. You don't have to rub my life in my face.

a7e0d84df508f7bc9b39bd52897de220.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the pick-me-up!

Anyone get denied yet? I havent heard a thing yet...

Decisions begin coming out tomorrow. Best of luck everyone who's already had their interview! I've got another week until mine.

Got the calll!!!!

Reactions: 2 users
GOT THE CALL!! Dr. Dugoni personally congratulated me!!

Jk, it was an admissions officer, but still so happy!

Reactions: 4 users
I didnt want to be that guy, but what letter do your last names start with? Just wondering if they're going in an order haha

Ah this will probably get lost in the sea of acceptances (congrats, everyone!) lmao BUT does anyone have an interview in January? If so, what date?

Did anyone else get the email stating:

"We thank you for coming to interview at Pacific. Unfortunately, due to the holidays, your file is pending with the Executive Admissions Committee.

We appreciate your understanding and apologize for the inconvenience. Please rest assured that we are doing everything we can to expedite the process."

By the way, does anyone know if UoP sends out acceptances on specific days each month or more randomly? Thank you!

Did anyone from Nov. 12 get the call today? I remember Stan saying our group might not get a response on the 1st because they were running a bit behind. Congrats to everyone else! :)
I interviewed on Nov. 23, but yes he told my group the same thing!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Last edited:

Last edited:
UCLA! I went there for undergrad and while I'd like a change of scenery, I don't think I can justify the price difference for that reason alone haha.
Good choice! I can totally understand that.
Personally, ny first choice is USC followed by UoP at a close second (due to family and geographical issues). I plan on receiving the HPSP which is why the price difference isn't concerning me as much as it probably should haha!

But what if you didn't get the HPSP? I had the same idea, and then I realized -- depending on what branch you choose - that it is highly competitive and you *may* just not get it. Will you know about the scholarship before you get to choose a school?
Even if I didn't get the scholarship, I would still choose USC to be close to family and I think they have a very well-rounded program.

Basically, I can show my branch my acceptance from whichever school, get the scholarship, and then switch my schools if I end up getting another acceptance later. So you would know about the scholarship before finalizing your decision and you are free to change your school even after receiving the scholarship.

Anyone hear from UoP lately? I called them last Friday and they said they were having the admissions committee meet later in the day. Plus, I know some people that received acceptances last Friday as well. I just wanted to see if anyone had heard from them today. Thanks!