**The Official UoP c/o 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread** -(2015/2016 Cycle)

Got the call this morning! :soexcited:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
interview invite! it'll be on 1/11 :) My brother went here so I'm really thrilled at this interview opportunity!

Reactions: 5 users
Interview Invite!!
G0nna be on January 14th

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Finally made my choice and put a deposit down on UOP!

So excited!!

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone know when I should stop hoping for an interview?

Reactions: 2 users
I feel like I'm an 8th grader who just asked my biggest crush out on a date, and instead of saying yes, or even saying no, she simply stares blankly back at me. Emotionless. Without saying a single word. For seven months.

Reactions: 11 users
I feel like I'm an 8th grader who just asked my biggest crush out on a date, and instead of saying yes, or even saying no, she simply stares blankly back at me. Emotionless. Without saying a single word. For seven months.

this is a beautiful post

Hang in there dienes fuertes! A friend of mine didn't interview here until mid-February and was accepted.

As UOP is sending out acceptances, some will turn down the offer since they will have multiple offers from schools. Here's to hoping an interview slot opens up for you.

It might not hurt to send them an email showing your interest?

Hang in there dienes fuertes! A friend of mine didn't interview here until mid-February and was accepted.

As UOP is sending out acceptances, some will turn down the offer since they will have multiple offers from schools. Here's to hoping an interview slot opens up for you.

It might not hurt to send them an email showing your interest?
Thanks for the support/advice, damask. I'm sure there are still spots left for those of us who haven't interviewed yet, and I haven't lost hope... I just use humor to release the ongoing stress of a 6-12 month application process haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there an official Facebook page for those that are planning on matriculating to UOP?

For those of you who already interviewed, could you tell me if the student & faculty interviews were open or closed file? Thank you!!

@chan123 the faculty interview is open file, but I think the student interviewer can see your personal statement at most, but other than that I am pretty sure it is closed file!

For those of you who already interviewed, could you tell me if the student & faculty interviews were open or closed file? Thank you!!
When I had my interview it was with an alumni and he asked me questions about what I had said on the AADSAS application. So don't forget what it was that you put there. The interview itself, I feel, is a way for them to see if you are who you say you are in the AADSAS, as well as to see if you are able to communicate. Many students there told me that if you interview at UOP the chances of getting accepted there are very high as they mostly only interview students they want in their program.

Think about it for a second. I promise 2019 is correct, I just want you to figure out why without any help lol.
ahhhhhhhhhhhh lol 3 years haha

You guys too smart for me

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
anyone who had interviews mid-January heard back yet?

does anyone know when they stop giving out interview invites?

hello everybody. i just joined. am in the current cycle and received acceptances to most of the CA schools, but I am undecided. Between SF vs. LA. I love UOP, probably the best school on the west coast when you take everything into consideration, excluding cost. However, I am torn due to the cost and was also turned off by the dean of admissions. she answered questions with "you know ... you know ... ummm ummm ... stuff like that ... ummmm." my brother attended UOP and is successful dentist, but huge cost and this experience just turned me off. thoughts? i'm independent and am afraid of more student loans.

hello everybody. i just joined. am in the current cycle and received acceptances to most of the CA schools, but I am undecided. Between SF vs. LA. I love UOP, probably the best school on the west coast when you take everything into consideration, excluding cost. However, I am torn due to the cost and was also turned off by the dean of admissions. she answered questions with "you know ... you know ... ummm ummm ... stuff like that ... ummmm." my brother attended UOP and is successful dentist, but huge cost and this experience just turned me off. thoughts? i'm independent and am afraid of more student loans.

are you deciding between UoP and UCLA?

if so I think UoP is better cause you get out earlier and make money....and how the dean talks shouldn't be a deciding factor lol

are you deciding between UoP and UCLA?

if so I think UoP is better cause you get out earlier and make money....and how the dean talks shouldn't be a deciding factor lol

i agree big man ... yah, i'm being silly about it, but it's a stressful time.

If you think UoP is the best school then I would attend there. Don't let the cost get you down... one less year of school is equal to one more year of salary as a dentist. And that extra year of salary is your FINAL year practicing as a dentist... when you will be making the most money. So if you work out the cost considering those factors then UoP is actually less expensive than the 4 year schools.

If you think UoP is the best school then I would attend there. Don't let the cost get you down... one less year of school is equal to one more year of salary as a dentist. And that extra year of salary is your FINAL year practicing as a dentist... when you will be making the most money. So if you work out the cost considering those factors then UoP is actually less expensive than the 4 year schools.

thanks, considered that too. i'm also considering where i fit in. where you headed?

thanks, considered that too. i'm also considering where i fit in. where you headed?
Yes that's an important consideration as well. I haven't decided yet. I applied late so I've only interviewed at UCSF and Colorado... I'm still hoping for interviews at UoP and UCLA before I decide.

Yes that's an important consideration as well. I haven't decided yet. I applied late so I've only interviewed at UCSF and Colorado... I'm still hoping for interviews at UoP and UCLA before I decide.

for reals? this admissions process is exhausting. i'm waiting on UCSF ... what are your stats?

for reals? this admissions process is exhausting. i'm waiting on UCSF ... what are your stats?
The admissions process is quite long. I find it funny that someone could apply June 1st, then get pregnant and fully gestate and deliver the baby before she gets an interview invitation.
I have 3.8 GPA and 24 DAT. You?

i'm debating between the two ... may i ask why ucla and not UOP?
Sure, for me it is a multitude of reasons.

First of all, I live about an hour away from UCLA. This means being close to family and friends.

Secondly, attending UCLA would be much cheaper for me, even if you take the fact that UoP is only 3 years into consideration. Even with 3 years, UoP's tuition is crazy high. The cost for an apartment in San Francisco is much higher than in the Westwood area.

Lastly, UCLA has both a P/NP grading system and a high specialization rate. This last reason means less stress for me and the ability to keep my options open in the instance I want to specialize.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed my time at UoP. I believe their program is amazing, but UCLA is just a better fit for me. Ultimately, you will have your own personal reasons for attending one school over the other.

Best of luck to you!

Keep in mind the expensive cost of living in San Francisco. Furthermore, it is not your FINAL year practicing as a dentist. For example, if you retire at 65, then you retire at 65. You are not getting an additional year beyond your expected retirement year. But rather, you have to count this extra year's salary as an average of what you will be making every year over the course of your career. This is what UoP's senior development officer explained to me during my interview, and mathematically I agree.

if you are not trying to specialize UoP is probably the better choice, known for the best clinical experience in the country, get out in 3 years and get head start in establishing your life and making money, that extra year of salary pretty much compensates for cost

Last edited:
anyone know the last interview day for UoP or how many interview dates left? I haven't heard a word from them since i last updated them with a email of interest.

Does "no news is better than bad news" still apply here ? hehe

Got my acceptance call today, but there is a good chance I will be turning it down for UCLA

if you are not trying to specialize UoP is probably the better choice, known for the best clinical experience in the country, get out in 3 years and get head start in establishing your life and making money, that extra year of salary pretty much compensates for cost

this is what's confusing to me. ya'all think you can't specialize?! that myth of not being able to specialize as a UOP grad was debunked. i saw a list of all them peeps who got accepted into specialty programs last year and was told 95% get into their first choice. in fact, my brother specialized even though he was ranked 30-somethin in his class with a 3.5 GPA (mad props to my bro) LOLs. i'm still undecided tho, still waiting for ucsf to give me some love! PLLEEEEEASE!

this is what's confusing to me. ya'all think you can't specialize?! that myth of not being able to specialize as a UOP grad was debunked. i saw a list of all them peeps who got accepted into specialty programs last year and was told 95% get into their first choice. in fact, my brother specialized even though he was ranked 30-somethin in his class with a 3.5 GPA (mad props to my bro) LOLs. i'm still undecided tho, still waiting for ucsf to give me some love! PLLEEEEEASE!
not saying you cant its just harder especially since you only have 3 years. if youre set on specializing UCLA will give better chances but if youre undecided UoP's better

Invited for an interview on 2/11.

3.5/3.5 23/24/23

I asked if I would be interviewing for regular or alternate seat, they said it is really close so at this time they aren't sure. They will let me know within about a week.

Hey guys, is anyone else having problems trying to email them? Mine kept on getting bounced back :s

Invited for an interview on 2/11.

3.5/3.5 23/24/23

I asked if I would be interviewing for regular or alternate seat, they said it is really close so at this time they aren't sure. They will let me know within about a week.

Do you know when they stop interviewing?