**The Official UoP c/o 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread** -(2015/2016 Cycle)

Haven't heard anything yet. During the interview, they said it will must likely go through Q1 and into Q2 but I feel like only a few number of students got off the waitlist from the Q1 so far. Very disappointing.

Members don't see this ad.

If you guys don't get in are you willing to wait another year?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Q1, haven't heard anything. School starts July. Uncertain about where I'll be living and my life in general as of now and feeling weird about it since they seemed certain Q1 and Q2 would get in.

Members don't see this ad :)
Q1, haven't heard anything. School starts July. Uncertain about where I'll be living and my life in general as of now and feeling weird about it since they seemed certain Q1 and Q2 would get in.

There is still all of June left! I know the anxiety levels are high, but don't give up hope!

Dose anybody call them to ask if there is any movement in alternate list recently?
I tried to call them few times but wasnt able to talk to them.

Dose anybody call them to ask if there is any movement in alternate list recently?
I tried to call them few times but wasnt able to talk to them.
What number are you calling? I have never had a problem reaching Stan or Darlene when I call. Called them last week, Stan said theres been almost no movement and they are still in Q1.

What number are you calling? I have never had a problem reaching Stan or Darlene when I call. Called them last week, Stan said theres been almost no movement and they are still in Q1.

I think I have the right number because I was able to talk to Darlene with that number before. Last week I called twice and I was only able to reach their voice mail.
Do you know if this year's trend is usual compard to previous years? I know it varies every year but somehow I thought there should be some movement in May.

I think I have the right number because I was able to talk to Darlene with that number before. Last week I called twice and I was only able to reach their voice mail.
Do you know if this year's trend is usual compard to previous years? I know it varies every year but somehow I thought there should be some movement in May.
No. Last 2 years, they were already through Q1 and partially Q2 at this point. This year it sounds like they are not even close getting through Q1 yet.

No. Last 2 years, they were already through Q1 and partially Q2 at this point. This year it sounds like they are not even close getting through Q1 yet.

I've been able to stay pretty calm this whole process but now started feeling little anxious. :(

For anybody who gets anxious like myself.. here is some update.
Just called them and they said they haven't had any movement at least for the last several weeks. This year, for some reason, the alternate list movement is slower than before but they don't know why.
They will wait until the school starts and if there is no spot opening until then, they will start calling people on the alternate list and talk about next year.

Does anybody know if there was a year that the 1st quartile group didn't finally get in?
During the interview, it sounded like Q1 'most' likely (and probably always) gets in and now is VERY different.

Just called them and they said they haven't had any movement at least for the last several weeks. This year, for some reason, the alternate list movement is slower than before but they don't know why.
They will wait until the school starts and if there is no spot opening until then, they will start calling people on the alternate list and talk about next year.

Does anybody know if there was a year that the 1st quartile group didn't finally get in?
During the interview, it sounded like Q1 'most' likely (and probably always) gets in and now is VERY different.
I think 3 years ago they did not get through Q1. It's really not their fault, they say that just because most years Q1 gets in, but it all depends on if people drop their seat.
Is anyone going to wait and reapply next year if they don't get off the alternate-list?

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...017-interview-acceptance-thread.938588/page-7

When they said "talk about next year", is there a possibility of them offering us a spot for next year?

When they said "talk about next year", is there a possibility of them offering us a spot for next year?

Based on previous threads, Yes, there is.
However they do not "guarantee" anything. But I heard that there are still people who get in after they were verbally "offered" a spot for the next year.
I'm just guessing that they will for sure offer something but not guarantee anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
Been meaning to update you guys. They offered me a standby position where I'd attend class for the first week or two. If a spot somehow opens up I'd get in. While I don't think the chances are likely, it's still a good opportunity. Are you guys thinking about waiting the year? I really think I'm gonna do it if I don't get in through standby.

Been meaning to update you guys. They offered me a standby position where I'd attend class for the first week or two. If a spot somehow opens up I'd get in. While I don't think the chances are likely, it's still a good opportunity. Are you guys thinking about waiting the year? I really think I'm gonna do it if I don't get in through standby.

Are you on the alternate list? If so, do you mind sharing which quartile you are in?

Any other calls from the admin for anyone on 1st quartile??

Any other calls from the admin for anyone on 1st quartile??

I talked to the admin last Friday. They said that they have selected two people from the alternate list and they were placed on the standby list.
Those are the ones who get the priority if a spot opens up somehow. For the last several weeks, there has been NO movement and at this point, the chances is very diminished. This is what I heard from them and I am losing hope here.

Got a call from Stan. They talk with you about the lack of movement on the waitlist as well as future plans for the applying student. If your interview went well they all but guarantee a spot in next year's matriculating class, saying they'll give you a call in December. Or at least that is what I was told. Just be grateful for another year off and be productive :).

Got a call from Stan. They talk with you about the lack of movement on the waitlist as well as future plans for the applying student. If your interview went well they all but guarantee a spot in next year's matriculating class, saying they'll give you a call in December. Or at least that is what I was told. Just be grateful for another year off and be productive :).
Stan told you they'd give you a call in December? I got a call from Darlene and she just said the committee will look at those on the waitlist favorably.

Same here. I got a call from Stan and he said the same thing. I haven't decided if I would wait a year or not as I have an offer from another school (which is very very far from my home).
He also asked if I want to get an alternate position deposit ($200) back and I said I would take few days to think about it.
Is anyone willing to wait another year to get accepted at UOP?

Is anyone willing to wait another year to get accepted at UOP?

I am going to wait a year for UoP. Anyone else?
I feel like this questions been asked a million times on this thread, but no one ever answers it.. Lol

I am going to wait a year for UoP. Anyone else?
I feel like this questions been asked a million times on this thread, but no one ever answers it.. Lol

I have an offer from NYU but I was waiting for UOP offer as I live in SF.
I am going to attend NYU and decided not to wait for another year. It was very hard to decide this way. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
I have an offer from NYU but I was waiting for UOP offer as I live in SF.
I am going to attend NYU and decided not to wait for another year. It was very hard to decide this way. Good luck everyone!
tough decision, good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone!

Hope you're all off to a glorious start!
If any of you current UoP D1s are still active on SDN, can you shoot me a private message please?