***The Official UPenn Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Did not get an interview yet, but got a school broschure in the mail. Interesting...

Members don't see this ad.

My app was complete on 7/31. Hopefully I will hear back from them in the next few weeks.:xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
School: Pitt
Notification date: 08/05/14
Method of notification: email
Residency: NJ
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/27/14
Application complete date: 07/10/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.95, 3.93
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24AA/25TS/19PAT/22RC/none

Woo, got an interview invite today :D

Jeez all of the September interview spots are already full...

Last edited:
those who got penn interivews, whats the date of your latest status under the "decisions" tap in aadsas portal?

Im dying to interview at Penn. Hopefully they look favourably upon my app soon. Still, seeing the killer stats of you guys that are getting interviews makes me doubt my 3.7 and 22AA...

Im dying to interview at Penn. Hopefully they look favourably upon my app soon. Still, seeing the killer stats of you guys that are getting interviews makes me doubt my 3.7 and 22AA...

same situation man...I think our turn will come soon hopefully.

Reactions: 1 user
My first interview!

Interview Date: End of September (I'm going to try to keep some anonymity, although it's not hard to figure out who I am)
Notification date: Tues, 08/05/14
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MN
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/16/14
Application complete date: AADSAS says 7/14/14
GPA (Science, overall): ~3.65, ~3.75
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23AA/21TS/22PAT/26RC

Don't obsessively check AADSAS to determine whether you got an interview. I don't think anything changed for me. I got an email notification directly from Penn. I was on vacation and just got back so I need to wait until Monday to see whether I got something in the mail.

Last edited:
congrats to those who got interview...Complete all my material on July 20, and hope to get a shot for an interview invitation~

Interview!!

Interview date: TBD
Notification date: 8/21/14
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/7/14
Application complete date: 7/22/14
GPA(science, overall): 3.68, 3.74
DAT(AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below 17): 22/22/22/24/no

School: UPenn
Notification date: 08/05/14
Residency: NY
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/20/14
Application complete date: 06/30/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.94, 3.99
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21AA/21TS/22PAT/24RC/none
When is your interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did any of you receive a rejection? I received a email from my school's mail service, saying that I just received a mail from Penn Dental. I cannot check the mail right now because I won't be back on campus until next week. Since all of you received notifications through emails, do you guys think I just receive a rejection from Penn?

Did any of you receive a rejection? I received a email from my school's mail service, saying that I just received a mail from Penn Dental. I cannot check the mail right now because I won't be back on campus until next week. Since all of you received notifications through emails, do you guys think I just receive a rejection from Penn?
It might just be a brochure because I received one before my interview invitation.

Interview! :zip:

Notification date: 08/22/14
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/25/14
Application complete date: 07/31/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.6, 3.7
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24AA/23TS/21PAT/24RC/none

Interview! :zip:

AADSAS mail-out date: 07/25/14
Application complete date: 07/31/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.6, 3.7
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24AA/23TS/21PAT/24RC/none

Congrats! What time did you get the email? My app was also complete on 7/31. I hope I will hear something from them soon!

Congrats! What time did you get the email? My app was also complete on 7/31. I hope I will hear something from them soon!

Got it at 330 today, with your stats I'm sure its just a matter of time before your invitation

Interview!

Residency: VA
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/11/14
Application complete date: 07/29/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.94, 3.91
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 27AA/25TS/24PAT/30RC/none

Interview!

Residency: VA
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/11/14
Application complete date: 07/29/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.94, 3.91
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 27AA/25TS/24PAT/30RC/none

Those stats are disgusting...

Reactions: 3 users
For those of you who are interviewing, did you fax or email the confirmation sheet? I faxed it but haven't received any confirmation.

For those of you who are interviewing, did you fax or email the confirmation sheet? I faxed it but haven't received any confirmation.
I faxed mine Friday and received confirmation this morning.

I got an invite, and I tried calling the number in the email several times but it goes to voice mail. Any ideas?

I got an invite, and I tried calling the number in the email several times but it goes to voice mail. Any ideas?
Congrats! I guess leave a message to call you back and follow up with an email if you don't get a response. Whenever I called during business hours they always picked up.

I got a broschure in the mail about 3 weeks ago about UPenn Dental. Anyone here get an information packet and yet to receive and interview invite?

So my AADSAS just updated from a month ago as application complete to app under review today. Hope that's a good thing... Got my app complete email 8/5.

So my AADSAS just updated from a month ago as application complete to app under review today. Hope that's a good thing... Got my app complete email 8/5.

Same here! Hope to hear some good news soon!

Did anyone receive an interview before having their AADSAS status change to "under review"?

Same here! Hope to hear some good news soon!

Did anyone receive an interview before having their AADSAS status change to "under review"?

Mine still reads app complete and never changed to under review, got an interview invite a week ago

Mine still reads app complete and never changed to under review, got an interview invite a week ago
The application complete email says, "Please note that the UPSDM does not use the AADSAS portal to notify applicants regarding status changes."

hey, just got my app complete email 9/8 yesterday. I know I'm late and probably have a slim chance, but I'm hoping for the best.

I faxed mine Friday and received confirmation this morning.

How long did it take for you to receive the interview package? I got my invite via email last Thursday and scheduled it right away but haven't received the confirmation sheet. Wondering if I should wait longer before I call...

how long did it take for the supplements to be received by UPenn? I sent mine out a week ago but they haven't gotten it yet, so I'm a bit worried it may have been lost in the mail along with the check o_o

Has anyone heard anything from Upenn lately?

hey friends, how has it been for those of you that have interviewed so far? General thoughts about the school? I'm heading up this week!

hey friends, how has it been for those of you that have interviewed so far? General thoughts about the school? I'm heading up this week!

I interview this week as well! I'm excited to see Philadelphia. Other than that strange thread that keeps resurfacing about how no one should go to Penn because it's terrible (all I can say is... cool story, bro), I've only heard great things about Interview Day and the overall experience there.

I interview this week as well! I'm excited to see Philadelphia. Other than that strange thread that keeps resurfacing about how no one should go to Penn because it's terrible (all I can say is... cool story, bro), I've only heard great things about Interview Day and the overall experience there.
I wonder why they would say that about UPenn, which has a great reputation. I'm super curious to read what they say and their reasoning behind it. Can you please post the link to the thread? Thanks!

Can you please post the link to the thread? Thanks!

It's a dying thread, and I'd like it to just die completely. It was a long-winded, superficial, and whiny rant about how students only go there because it's the only Ivy they could get into, and nobody recognizes the name Penn anyway, and it's too expensive, and they have terrible facilities, and their faculty are bad.

^I did not get that impression at all when I interviewed there. I really enjoyed my visit. The entire admissions staff was very friendly and welcoming. There were tons of students who stopped by during the day. They all seemed happy to be at Penn and satisfied with the curriculum (although they admitted at times it was tough). I think if I was admitted, I'd go.

I'm so excited to interview here...first time on the east coast! Anyone interviewing on Halloween and want to split a room let me know :)

for those of you who already interviewed: is there parking at the school?

For those who are getting interview invites, when was your app complete?