***The Official UPenn Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

When I called to schedule they only had two interview days left (in October? overall? I'm not sure), so they might be done scheduling their first set of applicants.

Yes. I presume the next wave of applicants will be late-September.

Members don't see this ad.

There's no way it's overall. They interview into Feb/March. @whitepapertree they send out invites on a monthly basis?

Feralis was saying that when he called (I did also) they said they ONLY had two days left in October not totally full and those were the only days I could choose to switch my interview to.

Therefore the first set of invites are about done.

They might send another wave here out soon for November interviews and after Dec 1st they will send out more then.

But they are filled for all of September and most of October.

Members don't see this ad :)
Feralis was saying that when he called (I did also) they said they ONLY had two days left in October not totally full and those were the only days I could choose to switch my interview to.

Therefore the first set of invites are about done.

They might send another wave here out soon for November interviews and after Dec 1st they will send out more then.

But they are filled for all of September and most of October.
Wow I'm guessing they don't have many dates. My app was mailed on 8/7 and listed as complete last week.

Has anyone heard about the patient base at UPenn (preferably an answer from a UPenn dental student)? What I have been reading is that students don't have much trouble finding patients. However, I heard the contrary to that as well (but more about it being fairly decent). Also, how are the renovations coming along?

Reactions: 1 user
who else has an interview Thursday? the weather says there will be 100% chance of thunderstorms in Philadelphia :smack:

who else has an interview Thursday? the weather says there will be 100% chance of thunderstorms in Philadelphia :smack:
Thunder and rain in the high 80s is my favorite type of weather :eyebrow:

Can anyone who had interviews so far give some feedback on what to expect?

Reactions: 2 users
everyone was so nice! and the interviews were like conversations. good luck everyone

Reactions: 4 users
How many interviews are there? Are any of them group?

there are 2 interviews, both one-on-one. one is closed file (the interviewer never sees your application) and one is open file

Members don't see this ad :)
Does Penn place your application 'under review' in the AADSAS portal before they extend interview invitations?

From my "Application Complete at Penn Dental" email:

"Please note that the UPSDM does not use the AADSAS portal to notify applicants regarding status changes."

So apart from saying that you're complete on AADSAS, they'll just use email to notify you from that point on.

Weird. Mine says under review for them... Now I'm worried that's their code for future rejection.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm tired of walking to my mailbox expecting a rejection... please give me something!!! :-(

where did you guys stay for the interview? I plan to stay on campus, but the nightly rates are ridiculously expensive.

where did you guys stay for the interview? I plan to stay on campus, but the nightly rates are ridiculously expensive.

I stayed in a hotel on Race Street. But I cant remember the name

If anyone is from Idaho, or Wyoming, or Montana, pm me! I'm a second year here at Penn dental and I've never met anyone else interviewing from Idaho and I would really love to meet you when you come for an interview here! Also, if you need any advice on navigating SEPTA (the mass transit system) for your interview day, I can help you with that.

Also... I know we talked about this, but I went under review on 9/22. So apparently UPenn does use the portal to update us...

@pikachurro I just went back through past screenshots of my "school decisions" page and checked- it said "Received/Application Complete" on 8/7, and it just switched on 9/22. I only noticed that I got switched today... I wasn't notified by email or anything. I asked my roommate (who got an interview) and he said that he got switched to under review status as well. His invite came about two months after that, though. So I don't think the switch means much.

@pikachurro I just went back through past screenshots of my "school decisions" page and checked- it said "Received/Application Complete" on 8/7, and it just switched on 9/22. I only noticed that I got switched today... I wasn't notified by email or anything. I asked my roommate (who got an interview) and he said that he got switched to under review status as well. His invite came about two months after that, though. So I don't think the switch means much.
When was your supplemental in again man?

My status changed as well on Sept. 17h but never heard anything back from them as well.. I guess we also need to wait another two month??

I wouldn't worry about the status too much. Mine has been on "Received/Application Complete" ever since it appeared, even after I got an interview invite. The switch is not necessarily indicative of anything.

I wouldn't worry about the status too much. Mine has been on "Received/Application Complete" ever since it appeared, even after I got an interview invite. The switch is not necessarily indicative of anything.

Pewping on the HOPE party dude.

Does anyone know when Penn will send out the next wave of invites?

Does anyone remember what phone number the school uses when giving invitations? I am NY resident and lately i have received a few unidentified calls from pennsylvania which I decided not to pick up or call back. I am worried that one of them could be from u penn. Do they leave voice mail?

Last edited:
Does anyone remember what phone number the school uses when giving invitations? I am NY resident and lately i have received a few unidentified calls from pennsylvania which I decided not to pick up or call back. I am worried that one of them could be from u penn. Do they leave voice mail?
They emailed me for an interview (I never received a call).

Does anyone know what is the likelihood of getting an acceptance after receiving an interview invitation from Penn?
Do they selectively invite people or pretty much everyone?

Does anyone know what is the likelihood of getting an acceptance after receiving an interview invitation from Penn?

A Dec 1 acceptance? In the middle, they're still kind of selective at this point

An eventual acceptance if you got an interview? Extremely high. From what I have heard they pretty much burn through their entire wait list (basically everyone that interviewed besides those that bombed) and just keep accepting people til their class is full

Penn has a pretty high turn-down rate because of the price tag and the fact most accepted people will probably get into their state schools too

The guide has them around 33%

just scheduled an interview with penn today. These are all the pre-december dates they have left (I wrote them down):

nov 5
nov 6 --> i chose this date
nov 12
nov 19
nov 20

may be helpful info to some people

Reactions: 2 users
just scheduled an interview with penn today. These are all the pre-december dates they have left (I wrote them down):

nov 5
nov 6 --> i chose this date
nov 12
nov 19
nov 20

may be helpful info to some people
Is the invite for Pre-Dec done for them? (as of today??)

How late will UPenn be sending invites? I keep refreshing my inbox.... Still patient though... Hopefully we'll hear from them soon.

Anyone else interviewing here tomorrow?

Received application completed email on 07/22. Still haven't heard anything from Upenn yet.:( Should I call to ask about my application status?? In case they forgot about me..

Received application completed email on 07/22. Still haven't heard anything from Upenn yet.:( Should I call to ask about my application status?? In case they forgot about me..
no harm in calling! i just called columbia !

no harm in calling! i just called columbia !
when you called columbia (or any school) to ask about the status of your app, how much info do they give you? is it just something like "yeah we received it and you'll hear back in the next few months"?