***The Official UPenn Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Hey! D2 here!
Congratulations on your acceptances to Penn!
Come join our Facebook group! "UPenn School of Dental Medicine Class of 2020"
If you have any questions about the school or choosing between schools we can definitely help you out!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Are people on the east coast still getting the calls?

Accepted! Got the call at 1:30 pm central, IL resident

Missed Corky's call and left a message, but just saw the acceptance letter in the mail!!! :soexcited::highfive::biglove:

Residency: VA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/2/15 (2nd batch)
Supplemental mailed on: 6/19/15
Application complete date: 7/10/15
Acceptance notified on: 12/1/15 with first phone call around 2pm EST (but I missed it) and second phone call around 5:45pm EST; also received acceptance package in mail on 12/1/15 via UPS
GPA (science, overall): 3.33, 3.43 (this is with formal post-bacc included)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/21/21/no
Approx. Shadowing Hours: 204 (36 hours being of a specialty, everything else was from 5 different general dentists)
Approx. Volunteer Hours (dental+non-dental related): 328
Approx. Research Hours: 608 (psychology research assistant)

Last edited:
How long did Corky talk to you guys on the phone for? She mentioned that she calls until quite late on December 1 and it might bleed over into December 2 but I haven't heard any rejections being set out from UPenn either?

How long did Corky talk to you guys on the phone for? She mentioned that she calls until quite late on December 1 and it might bleed over into December 2 but I haven't heard any rejections being set out from UPenn either?
From last year's thread, it seems like people in California got calls at night time. Another thread said she calls until 10PM EST/7PM PST.

From last year's thread, it seems like people in California got calls at night time. Another thread said she calls until 10PM EST/7PM PST.
Thanks, I'm not sure which address she's going by.. My permanent address and state residency is California but my mailing/preferred address and where I am now is Pennsylvania. And I'm pretty sure she's done with East Coast calls.. I guess there's nothing to do but wait :(

I missed Corky's call around 2pm EST and she returned it around 4:30pm EST. She mentioned that she was almost done with the East Coast and will then move to Midwest and California, so don't lose hope!:clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I wouldn't worry if you don't get accepted here in the first batch. Tons of people turn down Penn cause it's so friggin expensive for a school that isn't even that good.

Yeah I wouldn't worry if you don't get accepted here in the first batch. Tons of people turn down Penn cause it's so friggin expensive for a school that isn't even that good.
Whoa you need to watch it. Don't rip a quality dental school in a thread full of accepted applicants.

Reactions: 2 users

Your rejection hurts that bad huh?

Reactions: 7 users
I'm beyond excited for my acceptance here! I will be attending so I hope to see and get to know many of you guys come August :)!

If I haven't heard anything from Penn (november interview) and it's my first choice, should I send in a letter of intent?

When I booked my Jan 7th interview, they said they only had 7th or 8th. Who knows if more spots will open

Does anyone know when Penn interview until?
They interview until first week of March. After december 1 when they invite applicants for interviews they limit the number of days you can go. I know kids who scheduled their interview in January a week after they were invited.

Interviewed today and absolutely loved the school!

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed today and absolutely loved the school!

Awesome, ain't it!? I look forward to returning very soon :). I love how everyone (students, staff, professors) are like a family. It's definitely what I am looking for in a dental school :).

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone not yet received acceptance package in the mail?

Got mine yesterday from Cleveland

Got mine on the 3rd in Chicago. Loved the school but the price is just too much.

Did anyone get the backround check email? Looks like penn is on the list but i didnt get it

invited for interview today! asked for earliest date got 1/14

Reactions: 1 users
I have an interview on 1/22/16. Any tips ?

Be yourself and don't try too hard ;)
Yeah I will be chill. And appreciate this. Cuz I already know where I am going for 90% after some acceptances but who knows? I might just love this school!