***The Official UPenn Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Hi guys! I have an interview at Penn on Thursday and just got to Philly today. I'd love to explore the city with someone tomorrow, whether it be another interviewee or an SDNer who's local--let me know if you're around and down! :)

Members don't see this ad.

@dent--girl7 Good luck on your interview! If you have time after the interview tomorrow, stop by Honest Tom's (delicious Mexican place) or Capogiro for gelato. They're both pretty close by.

Reactions: 1 user
@dent--girl7 Good luck on your interview! If you have time after the interview tomorrow, stop by Honest Tom's (delicious Mexican place) or Capogiro for gelato. They're both pretty close by.
Aww thank you!! Those places sound great so I'll definitely try to check them out! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I am dropping the offer. Going to Maryland

For those who have accepted their offer, has your AADSAS status changed yet? In one of the letters I received by mail it states that the background checks won't start until that happens. My status still displays received/application complete and hasn't changed once since August.

For those who have accepted their offer, has your AADSAS status changed yet? In one of the letters I received by mail it states that the background checks won't start until that happens. My status still displays received/application complete and hasn't changed once since August.
Is this your first offer? If so, it should change. Mine did not change to "offer made". You should call them to check!

Is this your first offer? If so, it should change. Mine did not change to "offer made". You should call them to check!
No it's not. I was wondering when it would change because their letter states "a few weeks" until they update AADSAS. It's been over a month so I'm just curious. I guess I'll call!

No it's not. I was wondering when it would change because their letter states "a few weeks" until they update AADSAS. It's been over a month so I'm just curious. I guess I'll call!

I thought Penn doesn't use AADSAS services which is why they don't require that you do an academic update and have you submit transcripts to them directly when invited for an interview? If they did, wouldn't they have also updated the portal when we were invited for interviews too? I would check the first email Penn ever sent confirming their receipt of your application material, I remember them saying they don't use the AADSAS Portal as the main means of communication or something along those lines.

I thought Penn doesn't use AADSAS services which is why they don't require that you do an academic update and have you submit transcripts to them directly when invited for an interview? If they did, wouldn't they have also updated the portal when we were invited for interviews too? I would check the first email Penn ever sent confirming their receipt of your application material, I remember them saying they don't use the AADSAS Portal as the main means of communication or something along those lines.
This is straight from the letter that Corky wrote to me regarding the receipt of my first deposit: "Now that you have submitted your deposit and enrollment forms, we will update the AADSAS portal in the coming weeks with your acceptance to our program to initiate the CBC process through Certiphi."

I guess they use it once you are accepted? Who knows lol.

Accepted! Just got the call from Corky! :)

Interviewed on 2/4, 3.65/3.7 GPAs, 22AA

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This question is for people who received a rejection :( , does it say " Although the admissions selection committee was impressed with your credentials…" on all rejections? Just curious.

Got the call from Corky on monday! super excited... After not hearing from them for a while and weighing ucsf vs vcu, I came to realize that the cost was the only thing I didn't like about penn. Everything else, I loved. I think I'll be seeing some of ya as classmates in august!!

Reactions: 2 users
Got the call from Corky on monday! super excited... After not hearing from them for a while and weighing ucsf vs vcu, I came to realize that the cost was the only thing I didn't like about penn. Everything else, I loved. I think I'll be seeing some of ya as classmates in august!!
when did you interview?

ironic how Penn was the only school that didn't give me a pen :(

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed on 2/18, hitting that 2 week mark and freaking!

Interviewed 2/5 and also freaking! This is my top choice so I hope I hear from them soon. Hopefully no news is good news

Does anyone know if Penn requires us to collect teeth before starting? Some of the other schools I've been accepted to have already sent out e-mails about it.

Does anyone know if Penn requires us to collect teeth before starting? Some of the other schools I've been accepted to have already sent out e-mails about it.
Someone else also asked this on our fb page. The students said you don't need them until D2 but would be a great idea to start early and collect now.

Got the interview email!
What scholarships are available? How many spots are available for the Dean's Scholarship (I hear this is half-tuition)?

No, even the max one covers only about 1/3 of the tuition cost and about 1/4 of the total cost of attendance.

20 people get the 30k scholarship? Or is this total for all dean's scholarships i.e. $10k-30k ?
Corky during the interview said in past years, there were 20 people who got half-off tuition (Dean's Scholarship). Over the years, Penn expanded this Scholarship (10k, 20k, 30k amounts) to more students (40 ish, I believe).

Any other interviewees still waiting on some type of communication? Haven't heard/gotten anything... Was still under review a week ago when I called.

Any other interviewees still waiting on some type of communication? Haven't heard/gotten anything... Was still under review a week ago when I called.
Yeah, I haven't heard anything either yet

Just gave up my seat today and a $10K Dean's scholarship. Good luck to you guys who are still waiting!

Just got my acceptance phone call this morning!

What were your stats if you don't mind me asking? :)
GPA: 3.7 science, 3.8 total
DAT: AA-20, Science-20, and PAT-19
Also, I'm a Canadian student if that makes a difference?

GPA: 3.7 science, 3.8 total
DAT: AA-20, Science-20, and PAT-19
Also, I'm a Canadian student if that makes a difference?

I remember you! I sat right next to you on your right, lol. Hopefully I'll hear something soon! Congrats!

Last edited:
does everyone that interviewed get waitlisted at Penn? or do they only select a few applicants to be put onto the waitlist?

does everyone that interviewed get waitlisted at Penn? or do they only select a few applicants to be put onto the waitlist?

I know someone who interviewed after me in Feb. who was waitlisted and I have heard nothing and interviewed a week before them. They said "no news is good news" right now, but who knows... They also told us we should have heard 2 weeks after our interview... and that you can be waitlisted, accepted or rejected after an interview, you're not automatically on the waitlist.

Last edited:
Haha I'm assuming I've been forgotten

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Nah, I don't think so! I had emailed the front desk last week just wondering if maybe my waitlist or rejection letter was lost in the mail and they had said a final decision hadn't been made yet so I'm assuming you're in the same boat!