****The Official USC Class of 2016 Acceptance Thread****

Got my acceptance via e-mail half an hour ago! But will be declining, respectfully, due to cost (and an acceptance from my state school)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm still waiting, I guess....

Same. USC is my top choice (even though its fairly expensive) and I really want to go there. Does anyone know what the chances are for someone who interviewed in Nov to get an acceptance during Feb.? Does this commonly happen?

Those accepted... did they update the USC portal in anyway?

When I interviewed there, they said they only accepted something like 36 people December 1, so there is still plenty of chance for us who are waiting around for an acceptance. Also, I hear that many of those whom they accept end up declining because they get into a school that is cheaper, giving us even a better chance.

I'm still optimistic. We're good.

I'm in.

My USC portal has NOT been updated.....as of 10:27 PST

I dont even know how to check the USC portal...Lol their tuition is too high for me to consider them, even with a Dec1 acceptance.

Same. USC is my top choice (even though its fairly expensive) and I really want to go there. Does anyone know what the chances are for someone who interviewed in Nov to get an acceptance during Feb.? Does this commonly happen?
They only accept 36 students today, so more to come for the next couple of days or weeks Im pretty sure.
Can I ask you what makes you put USC as your top choice despite the expensive tuition?

I was recently interviewed in November. Submitted my completed application in October. I just got my acceptance today!!! I'll be committing and moving to LA this summer!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey can i have your email address? I want to talk about cost of attendance etc? anyone? This is my #1 choice but the cost is alot more than ucsf, which i also got accepted into. ANY FEEDBACKS?

Hey can i have your email address? I want to talk about cost of attendance etc? anyone? This is my #1 choice but the cost is alot more than ucsf, which i also got accepted into. ANY FEEDBACKS?
what do you like more about USC than UCSF?

Those accepted please decline if you're not considering USC, so I can have a better chance. It's my top choice..

We should all make a FB page so we can meet our future classmates!

oops, my school email didn't forward my emails to gmail, didn't find out that i was accepted until now!

so, when do they accept another set of people? this month or next?

I agree with hockeykspiky for those who are not going to accept to please let USC know as soon as possible to give those of us who are dying to get a better chance sooner rather than later.

I think the next round's in Feb, then March, then April

so, when do they accept another set of people? this month or next?

I agree with hockeykspiky for those who are not going to accept to please let USC know as soon as possible to give those of us who are dying to get a better chance sooner rather than later.
I called Ryan today and he said the next wave is probably late Jan, early Feb. Keep your head up!

Got accepted to USC // University of Nebraska (both Dec. 1). Still not sure what one i'm going to go with but glad I got in!

Do any current students know about the problems with scheduling patients? Did the school address the issue at all?

Is any of the current USC dental student willing to provide his/her email to answer some curriculum specific questions? It would be extremely helpful for me. Thanks so much!

Honestly, if you have a way to pay for it, I think USC would be one of the best places to go to dental school.

If I decide to re-activate my FB I will like the page haha. Maybe after exams. There are no groups anymore?

Can't wait to meet everyone!

The link is above...it should be USC School of Dentistry Class of 2016

Has anyone found out recently what date the next wave of acceptances will be?

Accepted 1/13 via email as well. See you all very soon!
Fight on!

got in 1/13 by email
so thankful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for those of you who just got accepted on the 13th, when did you interview?

congratulations to those of you accepted!

For anyone wondering I called USC today and they said the second wave of acceptances did go out, which I am guessing was the 13th. I also asked when the third wave of acceptances would be and the lady on the phone said she didn't know. I am still trying to remain hopeful!

got in on the 2nd wave. congrats to everyone!

I interviewed on 11/10 and was accepted on 1/13.

congratulations to those of you accepted!

For anyone wondering I called USC today and they said the second wave of acceptances did go out, which I am guessing was the 13th. I also asked when the third wave of acceptances would be and the lady on the phone said she didn't know. I am still trying to remain hopeful!

I called today and spoke to Ryan, I think. He said next wave would be around mid-Feb and that approximately 50% of the class is still left to fill.

Are any of you planning to withdraw your USC acceptances?