**** The Official USC Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Anyone wants to join me and another SDN member for 10/29 @ universal studios? We are arriving around 9am and leaving for the park right after. come and join us for a hangout and Pm me !!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hmm USC just now showed up in my AADSAS portal.. First batch and still waiting.

Members don't see this ad :)
Same here... usc is now on my AADSAS. (3rd or 4th batch? Not sure) App sent out on July 20th. Still waiting...:(

Same here... usc is now on my AADSAS. (3rd or 4th batch? Not sure) App sent out on July 20th. Still waiting...:(

oh okay yea me too. it just showed up today in my portal as well. blehhhhhhhh. 3rd batcher.

Nothing so far

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

For those who have already completed their interview, did you send a thank you note? If so, who did you address it to--the interview proctor? admissions as a whole? Thanks in advance.

For those who have already completed their interview, did you send a thank you note? If so, who did you address it to--the interview proctor? admissions as a whole? Thanks in advance.

I wonder this too

Where do we send thank you card to ? And when do we send it ? Right after the interview? Or send it through the mail later ?

Members don't see this ad :)
I know the deadline for application is Feb 1 2013 for class of 2017.
Is it too late to start application now?
Has anyone tried to apply before even taking DAT?
Thanks.

I have already graduated and been working for a while.
Just want a change of career.

Did everyone get the same Post-Interview email?
Stating this: You are now one of a select number of individuals, whose application has been ranked for the 2012-13 acceptance cycle. You are to be commended upon the progress of your application to this point.

When do you guys think SC will send out some more interviews?

When do you guys think SC will send out some more interviews?

on my interview email: the last date is November 13th to choose from, so Im guessing thats when they give out more?

they say they will interview many (500?)

What's going on with USC? Have they only sent out 1 batch? Haven't heard from them for quite a while.

Wow.. what is taking them so long? ahhhh~

I was not invited for their first batch and had to wait for second batch. It should be today or tomorrow. I was invited on Monday btw.

I know the deadline for application is Feb 1 2013 for class of 2017.
Is it too late to start application now?
Has anyone tried to apply before even taking DAT?
Thanks.

I have already graduated and been working for a while.
Just want a change of career.

you are definitely going to be at a huge disadvantage applying this late. If I were you, I would study for the DAT, take it early spring and turn in all of your application materials to AADSAS June 1st when it comes out. Taking the DAT first may allow you to gauge how competitive your application is and could save you thousands in the long haul. Applying to dental school is extremely expensive. You may want to post this question in a different forum. You are in the "School Specific Disucssions" for USC.

I dont know if anyone has noticed but USC and AADSAS portal has updated today for me. USC says alternate/waitlisted as it should and AADSAS : Please check back Dec 1

The very end is near LMAO

I dont know if anyone has noticed but USC and AADSAS portal has updated today for me. USC says alternate/waitlisted as it should and AADSAS : Please check back Dec 1

The very end is near LMAO

Yes same here ,,,,

Mine still says Under review on the USC portal

Ohh nvm haha I'm still looking to be invited

How was the interview? Were there alot of people?

I have no nails left. Just so you all know. Nubs.

AADSAS still says: 08/28/2012 Received/Under Review

Gah!! Good luck everyone :luck: :xf:

Has anyone received an interview that applied later (Sep/Oct) ...I have yet to hear anything!

Nothing yet (14th batch) but my application status is still 'under review' on AADSAS. I didn't realize American schools did rolling applications until AFTER I applied in early september and started reading all these posts. Canadian schools wait for everyone to apply then pick the best out of the bunch. I'm really nervous that by applying late I killed my chances of getting into some of the schools.

Nothing yet (14th batch) but my application status is still 'under review' on AADSAS. I didn't realize American schools did rolling applications until AFTER I applied in early september and started reading all these posts. Canadian schools wait for everyone to apply then pick the best out of the bunch. I'm really nervous that by applying late I killed my chances of getting into some of the schools.

Dont worry too much. I am 14th batch too and I got an interview. It is not too late.

Rolling system is very fair to me because some people prepare earlier even though they are busy like others and they deserve to have advantage on others who didnt.

I am sure that they will send invitation if they like you. 14 batch is not too late.

Good luck.

Status went back to Received/Application complete from under review... 1st batch... hmm

Waitlist. My first choice dental school looks like it's just turned me down. But I am going to wait though..

Has anyone gotten an offer made status for USC on the mobile portal? Maybe USC always said wait list on the mobile portal and hasn't updated yet. Since we are just starting to check it now we might be taking no update as a decision?

They said it would be waitlisted on their USC portal not too sure about aadsas. I dunno. I talked to 2 of my other friends and they got waitlisted (both have good stats)

Maybe..that's what I thought as well. O wellz..we cannot say anything until someone comes up and says that he/she got an offer.

They said it would be waitlisted on their USC portal not too sure about aadsas. I dunno. I talked to 2 of my other friends and they got waitlisted (both have good stats)

If the decision status is legit for USC then some people had to have gotten in lol I guess we'll see in a couple hours when more people have had a chance to check out all this mobile portal drama but until then I'll have my fingers crossed for USC still being a possible December 3rd acceptance.

If the decision status is legit for USC then some people had to have gotten in lol I guess we'll see in a couple hours when more people have had a chance to check out all this mobile portal drama but until then I'll have my fingers crossed for USC still being a possible December 3rd acceptance.

Yup. Still early in the day.