***The Official USC Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

I have a quick question to those who turned in their first installment.

Did anyone pay using a credit card by calling admissions? If you did, do you still have to turn in (mail or fax) the applicant certification form?

Just wanted to make sure. THANKS

I just payed my fees with a CC a couple of hours ago by calling. I'm faxing the form tomorrow morning. I would advise you to not mail it....USPS has been very inconsistent lately. If you don't have a fax machine, try one of the free faxing services such as HelloFax. Thats what I use for faxing on the go.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
lol really? maybe if you pay attention to detail and read your interview/acceptance emails then you would know this. but here you go....
1. Regarding pre-dental prerequisites or courses in progress: It is the responsibility of accepted students to meet all prerequisites which are currently incomplete and to provide verification of completion prior to August, 2014. No pre-dental prerequisites will be waived.

does this answer your question? so yeah good luck there bud
cool thanks

Last edited:
I just payed my fees with a CC a couple of hours ago by calling. I'm faxing the form tomorrow morning. I would advise you to not mail it....USPS has been very inconsistent lately. If you don't have a fax machine, try one of the free faxing services such as HelloFax. Thats what I use for faxing on the go.

Thanks! If that's the case I'll just turn it in in person tomorrow since I'm on campus already. Thanks again!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! So did Feb acceptances already go out? Does anyone know if they will be accepting again late in March or March 1st?

Hey guys! So did Feb acceptances already go out? Does anyone know if they will be accepting again late in March or March 1st?

I think Feb acceptance was this week. Probably in late March there will be another round of acceptance. At the interview they said there will be 4 rounds of acceptance. So far there's been acceptance for early Dec, Jan, mid Feb then probably another round after the March interviews (late March/early April). Not 100% positive but so far that's what I've noticed and what I can gather from classmates who were also accepted to USC. Then after that they'll be trying to fill in the rest of the class by contacting people a little at a time as they hear back from those who decides to go somewhere else. This may take awhile just because some people put deposits everywhere just in case. The way USC accepts people is very methodical, you never know until the end, so don't give up! Good luck!

I think Feb acceptance was this week. Probably in late March there will be another round of acceptance. At the interview they said there will be 4 rounds of acceptance. So far there's been acceptance for early Dec, Jan, mid Feb then probably another round after the March interviews (late March/early April). Not 100% positive but so far that's what I've noticed and what I can gather from classmates who were also accepted to USC. Then after that they'll be trying to fill in the rest of the class by contacting people a little at a time as they hear back from those who decides to go somewhere else. This may take awhile just because some people put deposits everywhere just in case. The way USC accepts people is very methodical, you never know until the end, so don't give up! Good luck!

So Based on last years thread, 3rd round acceptances went out March 2nd and 4th round acceptance went out mid April. Then that was followed by calling people individually.

So Based on last years thread, 3rd round acceptances went out March 2nd and 4th round acceptance went out mid April. Then that was followed by calling people individually.

Roughly. At the interview they said there will be a round of acceptance in March but I'm guessing since we just received acceptances this week that they will wait until the March interviews are done and then send out another round of acceptance in late March maybe early April.

I interview on Feb. 25 so I will let you know when they say they will get back to us by…hopefully March!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email for an invitation to interview last week, have my interview on February 25th, anyone have any tips to help prepare.. Anything is appreciated. Good luck everyone

Preparing for this interview isn't entirely possible since the questions out of the hat are random. But look at the interview feedback forum to gauge the types of questions. Tip - You should be calm and collected and answer with enthusiasm within the specified time.

During PBL - contribute as a team, volunteer to read and/or write.. When doing the writing portion get your team mates to discuss certain topics. Ask engaging questions.

Just be yourself. Be polite to everyone you meet. Ask questions during lunch to determine if the school fits your needs. It is your time to judge them, as much as they are judging you.

Try to have fun!

I had a blast throughout. Also if you are a female wear comfortable shoes. I was happy I did after the tour.

Good Luck.

I got an email for an invitation to interview last week, have my interview on February 25th, anyone have any tips to help prepare.. Anything is appreciated. Good luck everyone

Preparing for this interview isn't entirely possible since the questions out of the hat are random. But look at the interview feedback forum to gauge the types of questions. Tip - You should be calm and collected and answer with enthusiasm within the specified time.

During PBL - contribute as a team, volunteer to read and/or write.. When doing the writing portion get your team mates to discuss certain topics. Ask engaging questions.

Just be yourself. Be polite to everyone you meet. Ask questions during lunch to determine if the school fits your needs. It is your time to judge them, as much as they are judging you.

Try to have fun!

I had a blast throughout. Also if you are a female wear comfortable shoes. I was happy I did after the tour.

Good Luck.

Thank you so much for the help! it seems like everyone had the same type of experience with the interview with it being relaxed. really appreciate the help, good luck!

Interviewed on 2/5, got accepted on 2/19!! So stoked! Can't wait for the Fall!!

Btw, there was a guy who fell asleep in my group interview... PLEASE DO NOT FALL ASLEEP. Oh and my PBL group was so unorganized, people were shouting over each other, when I talked to the admissions counselor after I got accepted they basically told me that you don't have to be the one who has an answer for everything. they want to see that your thinking critically in the group setting. I made suggestions and such, but stayed somewhat quiet. I also had a "funny" answer to one of my questions, but no one thought it was funny except for the counselors LOL. So don't be so uptight! It's nervewrecking but they don't want the student that's SUPER smart or SUPER outgoing, they want to see you think and interact well with your peers.... just be yourself! Good luck with your interviews everyone! Hope to see you in the Fall!

Fight On!

Interviewed on 2/5, got accepted on 2/19!! So stoked! Can't wait for the Fall!!
Did you receive post interview information email before your acceptance?
Thanks

I interviewed on 2/4 and received the post interview information on 2/7. I got the acceptance on 2/19 . I believe everyone is ranked and waitlisted after their interviews. My aadsas portal had waitlisted on it since 2/7 and then changed to offer made on 2/19. Good Luck Gorge.

Did you receive post interview information email before your acceptance?
Thanks

Does anyone know when Is the next round of acceptance?

Anyone accepted post feb 19th been able to fax their applicant certification form? Their fax machine has been ringing busy since friday

Anyone accepted post feb 19th been able to fax their applicant certification form? Their fax machine has been ringing busy since friday

I've been trying to fax it over since 2/19. It's just not going through. Best bet is to mail it now while we still have a little over a week before the deadline.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know the likelihood of getting in at this point with a pre-December interview? Have you heard of any stories? Also, they say we are ranked after the interview so if I haven't heard back by now.. Is that pretty much it for me? :/ anyone else in this position?

Does anyone know the likelihood of getting in at this point with a pre-December interview? Have you heard of any stories? Also, they say we are ranked after the interview so if I haven't heard back by now.. Is that pretty much it for me? :/ anyone else in this position?

I'm in the same position as you. Waitlisted since December 2nd. My guess is that our chances are pretty slim since many folks who interviewed post December got accepted.

I've been trying to fax it over since 2/19. It's just not going through. Best bet is to mail it now while we still have a little over a week before the deadline.

Thanks, I ended up scanning and emailing it. I just don't trust the mail

anyone know when the last day of interview will be held?

I had an interview and they sent me post interview information email. I wanna know is it a good sign? Does it mean I will get acceptance? Any idea would be appreciated.
Thanks

I had an interview and they sent me post interview information email. I wanna know is it a good sign? Does it mean I will get acceptance? Any idea would be appreciated.
Thanks
When did you have the interview? Everyone who had the interview receives the post interview information email. Good luck!!! I am also waiting the acceptance.

Feb 11th. Me either. Good luck!! Hope to see u in August.

For those that got accepted in February was there anything more we need to do to secure our spot other than sending the applicant certification form and $1000 deposit? I read everything over but wanted to be sure!

For those that got accepted in February was there anything more we need to do to secure our spot other than sending the applicant certification form and $1000 deposit? I read everything over but wanted to be sure!

When is the deposit due for those who got acceptances in Feb.

Interview invite as well. Contemplating on attending since I already have acceptance from NYU.

I am in the same boat as you dental13. I think I have a preference for nyu. How about you?

I was looking at last year's thread and they keep bringing up a USC portal…am I missing something??

It doesn't exist this cycle.

Ok thanks…so when I went to my interview on Feb. 25th, they showed a slide that showed the rounds of acceptances on Feb. 1, March 1, and April 1…But the last acceptances went out Feb 19th…does this mean we probably won't hear until late March or are they still on for beginning of March?

Ok thanks…so when I went to my interview on Feb. 25th, they showed a slide that showed the rounds of acceptances on Feb. 1, March 1, and April 1…But the last acceptances went out Feb 19th…does this mean we probably won't hear until late March or are they still on for beginning of March?

I wouldn't take that calendar so seriously, acceptances went out in early Dec/mid Jan/mid Feb so it is likely that something will be heard sometime in March probably after deposits are due. I don't have any insight into actual dates, maybe you could try calling?

I wouldn't take that calendar so seriously, acceptances went out in early Dec/mid Jan/mid Feb so it is likely that something will be heard sometime in March probably after deposits are due. I don't have any insight into actual dates, maybe you could try calling?

True. I bet they use that just to explain to us how the acceptance process works. I hear deposits are due March 6, so hopefully soon after that. If we don't hear by mid march I will call.

I am in the same boat as you dental13. I think I have a preference for nyu. How about you?
I don't think I will be attending the interview since I already put down deposit at NYU. But I really liked USC when I had interview last cycle. Anyway, I hope my interview spot goes to someone who's waiting anxiously.

Any idea how many spots are left in the class? General numbers/ranges that is.

Any idea how many spots are left in the class? General numbers/ranges that is.

facebook has 110. class size is 144. I didn't sign up because I am going to decline my seat soon.

Just got an interview invite from USC and scheduling it for 3/11. Looks like they are interviewing until end of March. Excited and looking forward to it!

Just got an interview invite from USC and scheduling it for 3/11. Looks like they are interviewing until end of March. Excited and looking forward to it!
mind sharing stats please?