scheduled mine for 3/19! 3.4sci/3.5cgpa 21/21/21

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Scheduled my interview for Tues 3/25!

Looks like 80+ people are getting interviewed this month crazy

Last edited:
Scheduled my interview for Tues 3/25!

Looks like 80+ people are getting interviewed this month crazy

Hey, congrats on the invite! Do you know if that is the last interview date? I'm still holding out hope for an invite!

Hey, congrats on the invite! Do you know if that is the last interview date? I'm still holding out hope for an invite!
In about fifteen minutes, I'll be cancelling my USC interview. It was scheduled for 3/19, but I was accepted at another school recently. Hopefully, they offer the interview to one of you guys on SDN. Best of luck in the process!

Just declined my acceptance to USC. just couldn't get over the price tag that comes with this school.... hope it goes out to one of you guys on SDN! Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey does anyone know how many more spots are available? I know about 100 people are going to be getting interviewed as there were 5 interview dates and each interview consists of 20 people.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey does anyone know how many more spots are available? I know about 100 people are going to be getting interviewed as there were 5 interview dates and each interview consists of 20 people.
Might be less. I interviewed 2/4 and we had ~11 people

Did anyone who interviewed 2/12 or after receive any email about school decision?

Has anyone who was accepted mid-Feb. and decided to pay their deposit using a credit card, been charged yet? I called them on Feb 21st with a CC number and they still haven't charged me.

Has anyone who was accepted mid-Feb. and decided to pay their deposit using a credit card, been charged yet? I called them on Feb 21st with a CC number and they still haven't charged me.
The office explained to me that their "finance guy" was on vacation for the last couple of weeks, and should be back this week. Once he's back, they will go through with the transactions.

The office explained to me that their "finance guy" was on vacation for the last couple of weeks, and should be back this week. Once he's back, they will go through with the transactions.

Thanks....they literally just charged my card 15 minutes ago.

Has anyone who interviewed this month at USC heard back already?

Do you think they will wait until the last interview date this month to start contacting people?

Has anyone who interviewed this month at USC heard back already?

Do you think they will wait until the last interview date this month to start contacting people?

Interviewed on 3/11 and received the post-interview email yesterday. As I remember from the interview they won't start official "acceptances" until they rank this entire months applicants. Really hoping I am around the top of those rankings. I liked the school way more than I thought I would.

So I just called USC Thursday and they told me that the class is about 70% full which leaves about 40 more open spaces. A quick question though. Does USC rank students before their interview or do they rank after?

So I just called USC Thursday and they told me that the class is about 70% full which leaves about 40 more open spaces. A quick question though. Does USC rank students before their interview or do they rank after?
I'm pretty sure they rank after. 40 spots is pretty good.

Ryan mentioned something about an excel sheet like format. Points are probably given in addition to the points you had (to earn the interview).

They said they interview until April. Two more rounds of acceptances (including the next upcoming one) and after that, I think they will remove people off the waitlist (or the 'real' waitlist..)

Ryan told me the next round will be near the end of the month. I read above that someone has an interview 3/25 so I guess we'll hear from them after that :)

Does anyone know what the deadline is to decide between multiple schools you paid deposit to?

Does anyone know what the deadline is to decide between multiple schools you paid deposit to?
When the second deposit is due. Also, schools can see your status at other schools sometime in April, if I remember correctly

Did anyone interview in Feb and their status on AADSAS portal still says "invited for interview"? Does the status change to waitlisted after you mail back the post interview info or once the acceptance cycle starts?

Have any Feb acceptees been emailed their USC ID yet?

Is USC still interviewing?
Haven't been invited for an interview and haven't been rejected yet...

I called and was invited to an interview soon after, maybe show some interest?

Question for anyone who knows much about the admission process... Once you've had your interview, are you ranked among other candidates based on your interview only? They had to have looked at our grades thus far to invite us for an interview in the first place (so our GPA/DAT is sufficient). I'm hoping they weigh the interview more heavily than grades to rank us... anyone have a clue how this all works?

Today I was told from the admissions office that they are waiting to hear from the admissions committee whether to hold one or two more sets of interviews. Hope that helps.

Today I was told from the admissions office that they are waiting to hear from the admissions committee whether to hold one or two more sets of interviews. Hope that helps.

I'm in the same boat as you saintguitar! I've been emailing admissions with continued interest and was just told they are still interviewing through spring. Crossing my fingers that they will still send out more interviews!

Question for anyone who knows much about the admission process... Once you've had your interview, are you ranked among other candidates based on your interview only? They had to have looked at our grades thus far to invite us for an interview in the first place (so our GPA/DAT is sufficient). I'm hoping they weigh the interview more heavily than grades to rank us... anyone have a clue how this all works?

I doubt anyone here knows exactly how they rank... I'm sure academics still play an important role in their decisions post-interview, but considering that they invited you for an interview, you atleast met their standards on paper. If you did well at the interview, meaning that they believe you'd do well at and enjoy PBL, then you're probably are up there on the list.

I doubt anyone here knows exactly how they rank... I'm sure academics still play an important role in their decisions post-interview, but considering that they invited you for an interview, you atleast met their standards on paper. If you did well at the interview, meaning that they believe you'd do well at and enjoy PBL, then you're probably are up there on the list.
Thanks sam2c! Fingers are crossed!

Fun interview pbl is not as scary as I thought it was

I thought the same thing! How many people showed up to your interview? All 20?
Yep busy bunch. Mainly late applicants was surprised almost everyone it was their first interview

Yep busy bunch. Mainly late applicants was surprised almost everyone it was their first interview
Lots of first timers in my interview as well. Did they say much about where they are in the admissions process/if they're going to hold that interview on the 25th/when we should be hearing back by?

Lots of first timers in my interview as well. Did they say much about where they are in the admissions process/if they're going to hold that interview on the 25th/when we should be hearing back by?
yes they said they will hold that interview and that it is definitely the very last one
and in 2 weeks sometime in early/mid april they will start letting people know
for some reason Ryan (admissions counselor) said that if you were interviewed than you were automatically placed on their waitlist if you didnt get an offer soon

also that the waitlist is ranked but they will not disclose your rank so dont ask

for some reason Ryan (admissions counselor) said that if you were interviewed than you were automatically placed on their waitlist if you didnt get an offer soon

They don't reject anyone post interview, you're on the wait list until the class is finalized. Until then, they just pull from the group.