***The Official USC Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Has anybody from March received an acceptance?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess we have to wait till next week... Soooo anxious to hear

I interviewed just after the Feb 19th acceptances, so I have already been waiting for a month. Maybe I am just being impatient, but I thought they would have an acceptance wave in March. Wishful thinking...?

I believe their direct acceptances are sent out at the end of the month you interviewed in. I could be wrong though

I believe their direct acceptances are sent out at the end of the month you interviewed in. I could be wrong though
What do you mean by direct acceptances? Have you heard this from a reliable source because I think they send the acceptance email to the applicants once a month and all in a same day as they sent it on Dec 2, Jan 15, and Feb 19.

Has anybody who interviewed on Tuesday Feb 25 received an acceptance email?

Finally, someone who agrees with me! Hey Sunrise, I was the 25th as well but still no word. Let's be hopeful for next week, haha!

This turned into a speculation snowball! Sorry SDNers, unintentional!

Last edited:
Hey USCers,

Good luck with your admissions cycle.
I'm just curious how everyone is paying for USC. How many of you are doing the military scholarship? Before, I would have said PSLF would be a great plan--work for a university as a professor for 30 hours, and then do another 25 of PP or something. Sounds like a deal, except now PSLF is on the chopping block.

Just curious.
good luck to all

Members don't see this ad :)
What do you mean by direct acceptances? Have you heard this from a reliable source because I think they send the acceptance email to the applicants once a month and all in a same day as they sent it on Dec 2, Jan 15, and Feb 19.
What I meant was exactly as you said, acceptances are emailed once a month.. I just assumed based on what I've read through on SDN (not a reliable source at all) that you'd hear back soon after your interview (soon meaning within the month after the interview) if you get n.. Otherwise you're put on the wait list in which case you could hear anytime until mid/late august

Finally, someone who agrees with me! Hey Sunrise, I was the 25th as well but still no word. Let's be hopeful for next week, haha!

This turned into a speculation snowball! Sorry SDNers, unintentional!
Yeah, I don't think they sent out any acceptance since Feb 19th! Finger crossed, hopefully we will hear a good news from them in couple of weeks.

Reactions: 1 user
What I meant was exactly as you said, acceptances are emailed once a month.. I just assumed based on what I've read through on SDN (not a reliable source at all) that you'd hear back soon after your interview (soon meaning within the month after the interview) if you get n.. Otherwise you're put on the wait list in which case you could hear anytime until mid/late august
Thanks for the clarification!

I hope that everyone gets good news soon!!!!

Reactions: 1 user
my portal updated to waitlisted. is this the same for everyone who interviewed?
i also got the post interview contact form

Yes everyone who has interviewed, their portal updated to "waitlisted" & they receive the post interview form.

Yes everyone who has interviewed, their portal updated to "waitlisted" & they receive the post interview form.

mine just changed yesterday to waitlisted, I interview 2/19 and submitted my post interview info in Feb.

Interviewed mid Feb, haven't heard back. Deposits are due soon for other schools... I wonder how long they're going to wait

my portal updated to waitlisted. is this the same for everyone who interviewed?
i also got the post interview contact form
Mine still says "invited to interview" and I interviewed on 3/11. You're talking about the aadsas portal, right?

Has anybody contacted the admissions to see when the next round of acceptance will be send out?

Got an email around 3:45pm today! So excited :) Interviewed 3/5

i wonder if they sent out all the acceptances today to fill the class or if they are going to send them out over the next few days

Interviewed on February 5th, acceptance email at 15:45. Very excited. Fight on!!

Congrats to all who got accepted. What was your portal before you get an acceptance? Invited for interview or wait listed? Thanks

That's interesting! I called the admission today around 4 pm & the lady over the phone told me they haven't sent out any acceptances since Feb 19 & the next round will be around mid April!!!!

That's interesting! I called the admission today around 4 pm & the lady over the phone told me they haven't sent out any acceptances since Feb 19 & the next round will be around mid April!!!!
Wth? This thread is getting shady!

I figured it out. 4 waves so far, 36 acceptances per wave. About 30 people will reject offers thus there will be another wave (final wave) in mid April. If they still can't fill up the class, they will pull people off the wait list in order of rank.

Facebook group has 154 members..that's concerning.

I spoke to a D1 student at USC during my interview and I mentioned the USC class of 2018 facebook group. He said not to worry about the # of people in the group. He mentioned that even he is part of the group as well as some of the other dental students just because they want to meet the new incoming class or because they want to find roommates.

I spoke to a D1 student at USC during my interview and I mentioned the USC class of 2018 facebook group. He said not to worry about the # of people in the group. He mentioned that even he is part of the group as well as some of the other dental students just because they want to meet the new incoming class or because they want to find roommates.
Do you think people are lying about getting an email today? I don't think so. I feel like there will be one more wave in mid April.

Wow A+ for effort guys but not funny at all -_-....Hey Sunrise9 did Ryan mention when the acceptances would be sent out?

That was a nice April fools guys!!! I confirmed with Ryan and he said no acceptance was sent out today!!!
Dude why are you lying? Why would 3 people lie about getting an email? It's your word against 3.

That was a nice April fools guys!!! I confirmed with Ryan and he said no acceptance was sent out today!!!
I really don't understand this. I get if one person lied and said they were accepted…but 3 people? Seems unlikely that they would all collaborate and lie together. But why would Ryan say otherwise…so confused!

I really don't understand this. I get if one person lied and said they were accepted…but 3 people? Seems unlikely that they would all collaborate and lie together. But why would Ryan say otherwise…so confused!

Because it's easy to follow the bandwagon and just post saying I got in! One after the other