***The Official USC Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Just got my interview invite on Friday! Canadian here :D
I'm a Canadian applicant as well! Would you mind sharing your stats?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone going to the Oct 8 interview date?

Ill be interviewing on the 16th! im driving there from Utah so ill have my car ...but im down to split a hotel and give someone a ride to the interview, pm me

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
They recently cashed my check and I saw that they wrote the number 14 with a circle around it. Does anyone know what this means?

The secret about USC is that every 14th person gets in. There is, in fact, no real review process. That's all BS.

The 14 denotes that you are going to be admitted--even if you have a 2.0.

Congrats.

The secret about USC is that every 14th person gets in. There is, in fact, no real review process. That's all BS.

The 14 denotes that you are going to be admitted--even if you have a 2.0.

Congrats.
Are You being serious?? If it is real, then OMG, If it is a Joke, Good one.

Not sure who's trolling whom now

People should be interviewing at USC today, good luck to them and hopefully it all goes well for them! :)

& maybe they can give us some positive feedback for those interviewing in the future :happy:

Did anyone else get a #14 on their check?

If so, congrats!

Got an interview invite last night! Didn't see it until this morning because for some reason it didn't show up in my Gmail on my phone...very weird :/

Got an interview on Oct 10 via email! So excited!!! I'm OOS

Does anyone know if there's an individual interview/writing component, in addition to the PBL group interview for USC? :)

There isn't an individual interview, but there is a writing component.

There isn't an individual interview, but there is a writing component.

Woah woah woah...so....it's a group interview?!? I guess that makes sense....but group interviews make me even more nervous:confused: ....not that it makes much of a difference at this point since I haven't heard anything back from usc though :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Woah woah woah...so....it's a group interview?!? I guess that makes sense....but group interviews make me even more nervous:confused: ....not that it makes much of a difference at this point since I haven't heard anything back from usc though :(

Its a mock PBL case group interview, it is super chill though. Nothing to worry about, probably easiest "interview."

Reactions: 1 users
For those of you called and scheduled interview date, did you ever get the interview date confirmation letter from the school?

Any suggestions on when I should schedule my flight home from those who have attended? Is 545pm too early?

Anybody interviewing on Oct. 28th? Message me if you want to split a hotel room.

For those of you called and scheduled interview date, did you ever get the interview date confirmation letter from the school?
I called today and haven't gotten one. Have you yet?

Anyone interview on the 29th and wanna split a hotel? PM me.

Anyone interview on the 29th and wanna split a hotel? PM me.

In the same situation as Pinkster also. If anyone would like to split a room, send me a message!

Also, Pinkster, I have no idea how to send you a PM. When I click on your profile, it says "error".

Hello everyone! This is my first post, I just scheduled my interview for Nov. 4! I am very excited. I am from Washington so I'm flying down, anybody else here from WA??

Also, if anyone is flying down and wants to save money on a hotel, I would be more than glad to split the cost for a double, I'm planning on staying at the Radisson so I can walk down.

FYI…for you out of staters: USC is a great school with an amazing campus, although it is in a sketchy neighborhood. Depending on how long you plan on staying in LA, you may want to consider shacking up in a nicer part of town, like Santa Monica. You could rent a car and drive to your interview, and check out places like Hollywood, Venice beach, etc. in your free time. Public transit in Cali sucks, so if you can afford to, rent a car. Good luck, and hope you enjoy CA!

Hey everyone I'm a Canadian student. Here Is my question and anyone who answers please just be totally honest I want a realistic answer if possible. So my application has been under review at USC Ostrow since august. I emailed the admissions and here's what they told me: thanks for your interest in the school and your application will be under review until "late" spring until an interview is provided. Interviews there are offered through February but isn't late spring May? To me that was an interesting way for the admissions officer to phrase the response. It almost sounds like a rejection that will take a while to be confirmed coupled with an agonizing wait.. Should I be concerned? What do you guys think?

Canadian DAT: Chem (17), AA (20), pat (22), RC (22), bio (20), TS (19) Manual dexterity (21) or the purpose of the important scores side-by-side: 20,22,22,19.

American GPA out of 4: Total = 3.82, science = 3.69, non-science = 3.94, BCP = 3.67.

Hey everyone I'm a Canadian student. Here Is my question and anyone who answers please just be totally honest I want a realistic answer if possible. So my application has been under review at USC Ostrow since august. I emailed the admissions and here's what they told me: thanks for your interest in the school and your application will be under review until "late" spring until an interview is provided. Interviews there are offered through February but isn't late spring May? To me that was an interesting way for the admissions officer to phrase the response. It almost sounds like a rejection that will take a while to be confirmed coupled with an agonizing wait.. Should I be concerned? What do you guys think?

Canadian DAT: Chem (17), AA (20), pat (22), RC (22), bio (20), TS (19) Manual dexterity (21) or the purpose of the important scores side-by-side: 20,22,22,19.

American GPA out of 4: Total = 3.82, science = 3.69, non-science = 3.94, BCP = 3.67.

Not really sure what to say about the admissions response...but as far as your GPA goes, that looks really good. Your DAT is probably about average though...

Did anyone's AADSAS update after the interview?

Just got offered an interview @5:37pm! No AADSAS update. File under review on AADSAS 7/18.

Reactions: 1 users
Were you guys only offered three dates?
Just Wednesday and Tuesdays...?

Yes, the 5th, 11th, or 12th

Extremely short notice. I wonder how many people have interviewed already.

Got an email with three dates that are within 2 weeks.
AADSAS filed: 08/01
DAT scores complete: 09/06
Interview notice received: 10/28
AADSAS status updated: 10/30

I'm considering dropping out of this interview... $500 estimated cost includes flight, lodging, other expenses...

I dunno man these costs are stacking up.

I really want an interview from my state school :(

For the people that interviewed. Did your AADSAS change from "invited to interview" to "Please check back on December 1 for more information regarding your decision status with this school"

For those who had an interview last cycle and got invited this cycle, do you know what is this interview look like? I heard you don't need to participate in PBL section? Is that correct? Any idea? I confused !!!!!

We def participated in a PBL section. I went a few weeks ago.

Are they still doing the two questions from the hat along with PBL and essay?

For the people that interviewed. Did your AADSAS change from "invited to interview" to "Please check back on December 1 for more information regarding your decision status with this school"

Yes, my status changed from "Invited to interview" to "Please check back on December 1...." Did anyone else's status change? Also, for the people who have interviewed, did you get an email asking for contact information?

Yes, my status changed from "Invited to interview" to "Please check back on December 1...." Did anyone else's status change? Also, for the people who have interviewed, did you get an email asking for contact information?

Great thank you!

Yes, I also received that email. Complete it and send it to the admissions email.

Around how long did you guys get for the two essay questions? And do we need to answer the questions from the bag right away or do we get some time to think about them?

Thanks!

Around how long did you guys get for the two essay questions? And do we need to answer the questions from the bag right away or do we get some time to think about them?

Thanks!
From the bag? lol Don't worry you'll have enough time to think about it and finish.