***The Official USC Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

So I am still taking ochem and physics this year...do you guys think this will be detrimental to my acceptance this round considering these classes are still technically pending?:grumpy:

Members don't see this ad.

So I am still taking ochem and physics this year...do you guys think this will be detrimental to my acceptance this round considering these classes are still technically pending?:grumpy:
Easiest way to figure this out is to call the admission office and ask them! When is your Aadsas mail out date? Schools are sending more interview invites right now so stay positive :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Really not sure what you mean by 3 mailing dates.

If have only applied to 3 schools, then those are the dates each of the schools got your AADSAS application.

As to your original question, it really shouldnt have effected your application as long as you have it planned to complete before matriculation.
If it's fall grades then schools will look at the update and see if the grades were satisfactory.
If it's spring grades and you have already been accepted, you just have to not fall below the minimum grade allowed for the pre-reqs.

If those are indeed your mail-out dates, the Oct one seems late. But if your stats are as impressive you imply it is then it shouldnt be a problem.

Hmmm,,,,, I’m guessing you have 3 different mailing out dates cause AADSAS probably got a transcript or recommendation letter after you e-submitted your app. Same thing happened to me and when I sent my transcripts for the second time, there was a second mail out date showing on my AADSAS app.

I agree with the comment above. October is late but doesn’t mean that you wont hear back from schools. Either way if you have good DAT/ GPA you should hear back from schools soon.

Just RELAX ( I know it’s hard) and hopefully you will get interview invites soon :)

Reactions: 1 user
So for those of us waitlisted from pre-Dec interviews, what do we do? Just wait for the next 2-3 months till the next round of acceptances hopefully comes out giving us all the green light?

So for those of us waitlisted from pre-Dec interviews, what do we do? Just wait for the next 2-3 months till the next round of acceptances hopefully comes out giving us all the green light?
Yes

But you might want to put a deposit down on UoP just in case USC doesnt get back to you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is the school closed for break?

Just received an interview invite, but will most likely decline. There are many interview dates in January to choose from, good luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi everyone! This is my first post on SDN :) I have my first interview at USC in January and wanted to see if anyone has interviewed there this cycle. The PDF I received mentions the PBL format and I was wondering if that also includes individual questions drawn from a hat (I read this on another USC interview thread). Also any advice is appreciated!

Hi everyone! This is my first post on SDN :) I have my first interview at USC in January and wanted to see if anyone has interviewed there this cycle. The PDF I received mentions the PBL format and I was wondering if that also includes individual questions drawn from a hat (I read this on another USC interview thread). Also any advice is appreciated!

They are separate things but you do them both with the group one after another in the same room.

Does any body know what is the best place to stay? I have an interview late in January! Thanks!

Does any body know what is the best place to stay? I have an interview late in January! Thanks!

Most convenient would the the Radisson across the street, there is also a Vagabond Inn a little further down the street but still walking distance. Anything further would be a longer distance where you would need drive or take Uber or something depending on your situation but may be a cheaper option.

Do you guys know if USC is still sending out interview invites? and how many spots have been filled up?

Hi. For those of you who have been accepted to USC, what is the overall cost of attendance for the first year (including living expenses)? Also, did anyone receive some sort of scholarship from USC? I am an international student and finances are going to be a huge factor. Thank you.

@Libgig looking at my interview packet, the cost of tuition is ~$84,427 with a total projected cost of $129,451 for the first year. Try not to vomit from reading that amount.

Do you guys know if USC is still sending out interview invites? and how many spots have been filled up?

If it's anything like last year or the year prior to that, it seems like they conduct interviews up until late March....... Then again it all depends on this year's applicant pool. Ya never know

Anybody with a mailing date in November hear anything yet?

Thanks!

@Libgig looking at my interview packet, the cost of tuition is ~$84,427 with a total projected cost of $129,451 for the first year. Try not to vomit from reading that amount.
Thanks DATtestTho. You are right, those amounts are terrifying! Have any people received scholarships yet? It would be great to know how much people are receiving to determine if this is doable.

Anyone knows when is the next round of acceptance for USC?+pity+

Anyone know when the next round of invites are lol

Reactions: 2 users
-

Last edited:
For people who is waiting: Pls don't lose hope yet. I just got my interview invitation from USC today. Will decline it because I got accepted to my #1 choice :D

There are still many interview days. So keep your hope high and pray :)

Reactions: 1 users
For people who is waiting: Pls don't lose hope yet. I just got my interview invitation from USC today. Will decline it because I got accepted to my #1 choice :D

There are still many interview days. So keep your hope high and pray :)
Do you know what interview dates were available?

4 more days in Jan and Feb: 1/27, 1/28, 2/3, 2/4

Good luck to those who are waiting!
Thanks! Really hoping for an invite here!

Waiting for next round of acceptances also ... :) This is my dream school so hoping to hear back soon!! And yes, to those of you still waiting for invites, chances are good that you may get one here as they mentioned they conduct interviews through April and send out acceptances through early-September.

Just got an email that I'm accepted! Interviewed in Nov.

Last edited:
Is it wrong to be kind of relieved I didnt get an acceptance email right now like other people are? If USC came into my decision mix I dont have any clue what I would do.

My Army/Navy HPSPs cover it all. Thats why the choice would be absurdly difficult.

Acceptance to USC today as well-- interviewed the week before thanksgiving.
Didn't expect it and makes me wish I went the military route! They gave us 30 days to accept their offer.

My Army/Navy HPSPs cover it all. Thats why the choice would be absurdly difficult.
USC is quite different from other schools like UPenn and UoP, though (I believe I saw in another thread you are deciding between those two?), with their PBL system and whatnot.

Accepted! Interviewed at the end of October. This just make my decision really tough...

Accepted yesterday! Interviewed in November. Definitely a tough choice! (Houston is my other option at $140k for the whole four years...)

Congratulations!! Will you be accepting the offer?

I will be unless I hear back from my top two that I interviewed at, but I would be happy going here and being back in Laker Land. I also have an army scholarship so I'm not worried about the cost.