***The Official USC Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

That's a lot of seats! Why don't they just send the acceptance out lol? Thanks for the info though :)
Right?? My thoughts exactly. Like I said I'm not sure of how valid it is, but it gives me hope and I don't see why someone would lie about it :)

Members don't see this ad.

Right?? My thoughts exactly. Like I said I'm not sure of how valid it is, but it gives me hope and I don't see why someone would lie about it :)
Great! Well how would he know how many spots anyway, did they tell him?

Hope we all hear something soon!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything? Last time I called they told me the class was close to full but I'm not sure how accurate that is.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone heard anything? Last time I called they told me the class was close to full but I'm not sure how accurate that is.
I called on Tuesday and they said they are defiantly still accepting but I was too nervous to ask how full the class it. But the guy sounded confident that there are seats.

Oh okay good, fingers crossed then!

I called on Tuesday and they said they are defiantly still accepting but I was too nervous to ask how full the class it. But the guy sounded confident that there are seats.

I just called a minute ago and they told me the class is mostly full at this point and that they are just waiting to hear back from students whether they have accepted or declined their offer. He said if you don't hear anything by the end of June then that probably means the class is full and they won't be accepting anymore students (unless some students back out last minute). :/

Oh no :( I know it may be futile but I'm still hanging onto that sliver of hope
Has anyone thought about writing a letter of interest? I know USC said not to contact them but if it makes a difference then it's worth it!

I just called a minute ago and they told me the class is mostly full at this point and that they are just waiting to hear back from students whether they have accepted or declined their offer. He said if you don't hear anything by the end of June then that probably means the class is full and they won't be accepting anymore students (unless some students back out last minute). :/
Really, ok thanks for the info, this is confusing because they keep acting like there is still another wave of acceptances coming out but I guess they are done and only sending out more if people give up their spots. What a long and frustrating process!

Really, ok thanks for the info, this is confusing because they keep acting like there is still another wave of acceptances coming out but I guess they are done and only sending out more if people give up their spots. What a long and frustrating process!

Yes, I was confused too because of what everyone else has been saying on here about them calling and getting completely different information. I hope the people that we have been talking to at the Admissions front desk aren't as reliable as we think. I don't know.... I agree, so very frustrating :|

Yes, I was confused too because of what everyone else has been saying on here about them calling and getting completely different information. I hope the people that we have been talking to at the Admissions front desk aren't as reliable as we think. I don't know.... I agree, so very frustrating :|
I've called so many times and been given completely opposite answers so I think all we can really do is wait and hope the front desk really isn't as reliable as we think

Members don't see this ad :)
When I spoke to the USC reps at the CDA convention they told me that pretty much everyone who was interviewed is probably going to get an invite. They did a really low number of interviews compared to some schools. They are trying to get their roster finalized by June 26th (which is the final day to accept if you were invited). From what I was told, they will have someone in the office through July but all of the admission directors will be on vacation. So if you do not hear anything by June 26th you probably won't hear anything until August. That being said, I think they were planning on sending rejection letters after June 26th. So if you haven't been rejected by the end of June you are probably on a wait list.

2015 applications have opened up, I would spend this month and next filling them out and spending more time shadowing dentists. If you are out of college this summer can be a great time to get a job as an assistant and you can assist until you get accepted.

As for everyone who has been accepted, congrats. I am finishing up my acceptance packet right now. I am a little worried about the physical exam as I received my first two hep a/b shots but never actually finished. I wonder if I will have the antigen. I think I am also due for a tetanus shot, fun times. Have any of you began looking at apartments?

Reactions: 2 users
When I spoke to the USC reps at the CDA convention they told me that pretty much everyone who was interviewed is probably going to get an invite. They did a really low number of interviews compared to some schools. They are trying to get their roster finalized by June 26th (which is the final day to accept if you were invited). From what I was told, they will have someone in the office through July but all of the admission directors will be on vacation. So if you do not hear anything by June 26th you probably won't hear anything until August. That being said, I think they were planning on sending rejection letters after June 26th. So if you haven't been rejected by the end of June you are probably on a wait list.

2015 applications have opened up, I would spend this month and next filling them out and spending more time shadowing dentists. If you are out of college this summer can be a great time to get a job as an assistant and you can assist until you get accepted.

As for everyone who has been accepted, congrats. I am finishing up my acceptance packet right now. I am a little worried about the physical exam as I received my first two hep a/b shots but never actually finished. I wonder if I will have the antigen. I think I am also due for a tetanus shot, fun times. Have any of you began looking at apartments?
thank you for the info!!!!! When was the CDA conference?

We know you're going to apply there. Your scare tactics won't lighten your competition.

It's not scare tactics. It's a reality check. DDS degree is not worth >$500k. $500k loan, 6.8%, $3816 a month for 20 years. $916000 TOTAL AMOUNT. USC is literally robbing from students.

Hopefully this gets through to at least a few of you.

edit: You have HSPS, great. Just know that you are paying on the backend with higher taxes.

It's not scare tactics. It's a reality check. DDS degree is not worth >$500k. $500k loan, 6.8%, $3816 a month for 20 years. $916000 TOTAL AMOUNT. USC is literally robbing from students.

edit: You have HSPS, great. Just know that you are paying on the backend with higher taxes.
It's a little late for this :) haha everyone on this feed knows what we are getting into, and there are options on how to pay off the loans :) I live in so cal and there are 1000s of financially successful SC graduates. But thank you for information :)

Reactions: 3 users
I'm from California too,

Go look up the other private schools in CA (and CA's public schools are the hardest to get into in the country), western, Loma linda, and UOP are all similar. Plus it's silly to tell people to stop applying there when we all applied about a year ago lol.

Got accepted today!! Woohoo!! Good luck to everyone else too :)

Via phone or email?
I've lost my phone now. I'm so scared.
Email! Pretty sure they aren't going to call us, even though that'd be special :) Just keep checking your email and I also have a feeling they send out acceptances in the morning (I got mine at 9 am)

For those of you who are going to take out private student loans, do you suggest choosing variable rate, which is at 6.1 % now, or fixed rate, which is 8.5 % forever? I am an international student, thus FABSA (???) is not an option for me unfortunately.:( Based on $90,000 that I borrowed for the first year, I would have to pay a total of $~200,000 for the variable rate ( God knows how it will change in the future), or $ 260,000 for the fixed rate. I might go with variable rate, but what are your suggestions? Is this extremely high, compare to what you ( U.S citizens) are going to pay off ?

Hey, just want to let you guys know that Dr. Solow is pushing out a new clinic schedule where you're only allowed to see patients 2 days a week (as of now we can see pt 5 days a week if you try hard enough), you'll be sitting on your ass the other 3 days suctioning for residents or doing perio while paying boat load of money. You also wouldn't have the opportunity to work with world class dentists like Magne, Abedi, cuz you'll be assigned a faculty per discipline for the whole semester. There's alot of patient at the school but not enough patients for 600 students (2x DDS Aspid and residents). There isn't enough faculties either, average wait time is about 20 mins every time u need faculties to check something, yesterday i waited an hr for a periodontist to come by. USC has always been known for its strong clinic, but that's changed after Abelson left, and starting this year it's really gonna suck, how you gonna graduate and boast to people about your handskills when you've only worked on pt 2 days a week, and half of these time you're just waiting for faculties. do your best to get an externship or get on rotations outside of school, that's where the real learning happens. Also PBL is straight up garbage, facilitators answer your question with another question, some of the facilitators doesn't even have a science background, PBL might work at a graduate level but not for DDS students. although most residencies have no idea what PBL or what your transcript means, class of 15 had plenty of interviews and match.
that being said, most of the clinic faculties are amazing, it's a shame you can't learn from all of them anymore. helping each other out is the only way to get outta this school. Dollar for dollar USC is cheating out of your tuition, but if you're super motivated you'll succeed anywhere, and LA is a fantastic place to live, most of our graduates get out and make a ton of moneh.

Last edited:
Hey, just want to let you guys know that Dr. Solow is pushing out a new clinic schedule where you're only allowed to see patients 2 days a week (as of now we can see pt 5 days a week if you try hard enough), you'll be sitting on your ass the other 3 days suctioning for residents or doing perio while paying boat load of money. You also wouldn't have the opportunity to work with world class dentists like Magne, Abedi, cuz you'll be assigned a faculty per discipline for the whole semester. There's alot of patient at the school but not enough patients for 600 students (2x DDS Aspid and residents). There isn't enough faculties either, average weight time is about 20 mins every time u need faculties to check something, yesterday i waited an hr for a periodontist to come by. USC has always been known for its strong clinic, but that's changed after Abelson left, and starting this year it's really gonna suck, how you gonna graduate and boast to people about your handskills when you've only worked on pt 2 days a week, and half of these time you're just waiting for faculties. do your best to get an externship or get on rotations outside of school, that's where the real learning happens. Also PBL is straight up garbage, facilitators answer your question with another question, some of the facilitators doesn't even have a science background, PBL might work at a graduate level but not for DDS students. although most residencies have no idea what PBL or what your transcript means, class of 15 had plenty of interviews and match.
that being said, most of the clinic faculties are amazing, it's a shame you can't learn from all of them anymore. helping each other out is the only way to get outta this school. Dollar for dollar USC is cheating out of your tuition, but if you're super motivated you'll succeed anywhere, and LA is a fantastic place to live, most of our graduates get out and make a ton of moneh.
Thank you for the information, are you a student in the program right now?

did anyone hear anything today?

Anyone still waiting? I'm about to give up and go to a different school if they don't respond soon.

Anyone still waiting? I'm about to give up and go to a different school if they don't respond soon.
Yeah I am pretty sure the seats are full and we are on a waiting list for if anyone drops out before class starts...if you have other options, I would probably just go there because we have no idea how many people are in the waiting list and how many people will drop ...

Is it just me or have they not sent out rejections yet

I called them on the 24th and apparently classes started already. I lost respect for USC since they didn't notify applicants if they've been declined. Not professional in my opinion.

Lol, they probably checked this thread because I just got a rejection letter from them today who cares, I got accepted into another dental school.

You guys just had to complain about not getting a rejection letter don't you. I was waiting for my acceptance letter now my hope is dashed officially. But who cares I am already attending another school too. :whistle:

Lol, they probably checked this thread because I just got a rejection letter from them today who cares, I got accepted into another dental school.
You guys just had to complain about not getting a rejection letter don't you. I was waiting for my acceptance letter now my hope is dashed officially. But who cares I am already attending another school too. :whistle:

+1 :claps:

Hello,
Can anyone who has received an invitation for this cycle please send his/her gpa and dat scores?
Thanks,

to anyone who has interviewed here, would you enlighten me of how your experience was in a PM? it would be greatly appreciated!

to anyone who has interviewed here, would you enlighten me of how your experience was in a PM? it would be greatly appreciated!
They draw two random questions out of a hat for you to answer in a group then make you do PBL in the group. Not sure how they pick people, but its definitely not based on your interviewing skills.

They draw two random questions out of a hat for you to answer in a group then make you do PBL in the group. Not sure how they pick people, but its definitely not based on your interviewing skills.
I appreciate you getting back to me on this. Are the questions fairly scientific? For example, having to diagnose a patient? Also what is the best way to prepare for this interview, other than 'knowing yourself'?

I appreciate you getting back to me on this. Are the questions fairly scientific? For example, having to diagnose a patient? Also what is the best way to prepare for this interview, other than 'knowing yourself'?
The two questions are not scientific, and very general. It might ask about your hobby or another aspect of your life where you can give good examples. You can't really prepare for that. For PBL, I'm not sure what they were looking for, but I think they just want to see you in group interaction. We had one interviewee dominating the session, which probably wasn't what they were looking for.

My questions were what three items I would grab out of my house if it was burning down and the second questions more dentistry related was Who was the person that most inspired me to choose dentistry for my career. The group session is smooth and not stressful... I honesty thought I did great. The interviewer would verbally say great after I replied each time during the pbl group practice thing and she only said great when I replied... But I didn't get accepted, I think I was just late cycle when I interviewed and most of the seats were taken by then or something so but I KNOW I rocked the interview so it didn't have to do with the interview most likely, it's very low key just be happy and personable is my advice it's no pressure at all and kind of feels like orientation

My questions were what three items I would grab out of my house if it was burning down and the second questions more dentistry related was Who was the person that most inspired me to choose dentistry for my career. The group session is smooth and not stressful... I honesty thought I did great. The interviewer would verbally say great after I replied each time during the pbl group practice thing and she only said great when I replied... But I didn't get accepted, I think I was just late cycle when I interviewed and most of the seats were taken by then or something so but I KNOW I rocked the interview so it didn't have to do with the interview most likely, it's very low key just be happy and personable is my advice it's no pressure at all and kind of feels like orientation

I had a few of those last cycle, where you feel you did really good in the interview and it ended up not going your way. My advice to everyone is it's impossible to tell or control how someone else perceives you. Even though you think you rock an interview or make a good impression, that other person interviewing you might not be thinking the same thing. Even if they give positive feedback. You just never know someone's true intentions unless they flat out criticize you.