***The Official USC Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Well, I personally think some people here are off the track and being ridiculous. This is not a thread asking for your opinion abt USC. Maybe you dont think the school is a good fit for you for whatever reason is, who cares??? For some others, this school is their top choice regardless of the cost, pbl, etc... And don't make fun of "hot chicks" in SoCal environment. Its just so childish. I personally would not like people trashing my school for whatever reason. If you don't like USC, I hope you get in your top choices and be happy. But you don't have to spread negativity about the school that others are attending... I just feel irritating to read "off-the-track" post in a interview/acceptance thread! Go create a "I-hate-USC" thread and express yourself there!!!

well said

Members don't see this ad.

Lets play a game....how many different ways can you say the same thing over and over and over and over again?

@darknightzzz @sumin5924 are in the lead

Survey-Banner-712x380.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think you are pretty much accepted if your gpa and dat is above 3.6 and AA23
Few of my friends who did poorly on interview still get accepted to USC.
One of my friend did great job on interview and rejected because of low gpa.
I think other applicants(low stats) are pretty much back up.
They really don't care how well you do on interview.
I got 3.6 and 22(round back from 22.4), and have been on the WL since Dec 1st. Guessing that 0.1 of DAT really makes a lot of differences. Sad face.
No offense to OP just making fun of myself......

Well, I personally think some people here are off the track and being ridiculous. This is not a thread asking for your opinion abt USC. Maybe you dont think the school is a good fit for you for whatever reason is, who cares??? For some others, this school is their top choice regardless of the cost, pbl, etc... And don't make fun of "hot chicks" in SoCal environment. Its just so childish. I personally would not like people trashing my school for whatever reason. If you don't like USC, I hope you get in your top choices and be happy. But you don't have to spread negativity about the school that others are attending... I just feel irritating to read "off-the-track" post in a interview/acceptance thread! Go create a "I-hate-USC" thread and express yourself there!!!

i will bite

the hot chick part is a compliment rather than a ridicule. once again, there must be something wrong about the school for some people to come up and agree with me when i list the cons of this schools. or else, what i said will be backfired

again, i am just not happy with the school administration, curriculum style, and foremost, tuition. partly because I dont see where this tuition goes other than building up the reputation of U$C

yea you ask others for whom usc is their top choice how they feel about it when they slide their credit card to buy replacement equipments on regular basis but still pay the school dental fee. of course people say so because they get in nowhere else cheaper, didnt get in california state schools, or refuse to leave california for cheaper school (unlikely)

what i said is not even negativity. it is just cautionary words for future predents who are applying. or else U$C will be 600k$ in 5 years. why/how you think discussing the school's inherent problems is bashing is beyond me

i will bite

the hot chick part is a compliment rather than a ridicule. once again, there must be something wrong about the school for some people to come up and agree with me when i list the cons of this schools. or else, what i said will be backfired

again, i am just not happy with the school administration, curriculum style, and foremost, tuition. partly because I dont see where this tuition goes other than building up the reputation of U$C

yea you ask others for whom usc is their top choice how they feel about it when they slide their credit card to buy replacement equipments on regular basis but still pay the school dental fee. of course people say so because they get in nowhere else cheaper, didnt get in california state schools, or refuse to leave california for cheaper school (unlikely)

what i said is not even negativity. it is just cautionary words for future predents who are applying. or else U$C will be 600k$ in 5 years. why/how you think discussing the school's inherent problems is bashing is beyond me
The point is that this is a USC interview/ invite thread. People come here for information and to support others. I agree that the price of USC is a problem but that's not the point of the thread. Like loveteeth said, if you want to point out the problems of USC, go make your own thread. Don't hijack this one.

Reactions: 4 users
Lets play a game....how many different ways can you say the same thing over and over and over and over again?

@darknightzzz @sumin5924 are in the lead

Survey-Banner-712x380.jpg

Why am I being summoned? lol

For the record, I never bashed USC. I just questioned that one guy's ridiculous claims that UNLV is similar in price to USC. Also, his questionable motivations behind attending USC being "name, PBL, hot girls, and laidback students."

But thanks for derailing the thread again!

Last edited:
i will bite

Ok we get it! You dont have to repeat so many times. But (don't want to be rude) noone asks for your love-hate feeling with this school in this thread. You don't have to prove your point for hating USC in here. What do you think USC's students would feel when you keep telling them their school is not worth the money they pay. Like it or not, there are students attend USC, leave them the peace of mind!!! I think anyone who gets accepted to dental school is mature and well educated enough to know when to say and when to stop!

Reactions: 1 user
For those who had interviews in early Feb, do you think we are going to hear back tomorrow?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

For those who had interviews in early Feb, do you think we are going to hear back tomorrow?

I honestly doubt it. For the last 2 years, they said that they'd release acceptances on March 1st, but they always sent out a wave earlier than that in February, and the next wave wouldn't be until the very end of March or even April.
I believe they will follow the same pattern this year

The point is that this is a USC interview/ invite thread. People come here for information and to support others. I agree that the price of USC is a problem but that's not the point of the thread. Like loveteeth said, if you want to point out the problems of USC, go make your own thread. Don't hijack this one.

Preach

does anyone know when they are sending the next batch of interviews?

Bam. touched a sore spot LOL. the struggle is real in LA ... fix it jesus. i'm in LA too, but not in south central. like i said, good luck to you future trojans. fight on.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
SO..... anyone's thoughts on them possibly sending out acceptances today like they said they would??

Do they usually update it there first?

Not sure. Mine says waitlisted on AADSAS. So they must put that on their for the WL people and just not notify. They'll prob. call or email accepted people. Idk anything about denials.

Not sure. Mine says waitlisted on AADSAS. So they must put that on their for the WL people and just not notify. They'll prob. call or email accepted people. Idk anything about denials.
Mine says waitlisted too, but i think some people say that it changes to "offer made" before they send out acceptance e-mails. But I'm not sure. I guess we have to just wait

Mine says waitlisted too, but i think some people say that it changes to "offer made" before they send out acceptance e-mails. But I'm not sure. I guess we have to just wait
From what I understand, everyone's status is changed to Waitlist after their interview. Even if they plan in accepting you. I'm curious if they really do change it to "offer made" before sending out acceptances

I honestly doubt it. For the last 2 years, they said that they'd release acceptances on March 1st, but they always sent out a wave earlier than that in February, and the next wave wouldn't be until the very end of March or even April.
I believe they will follow the same pattern this year
So I guess I missed another wave?

I'm giving up my seat at USC. After crunching the numbers, I don't think I can afford it. I don't think I can justify paying $240k more than my state school for USC. Super bummed. Would have been an awesome experience! I hope someone who really wants it will get my seat! Good luck to you all.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm giving up my seat at USC. After crunching the numbers, I don't think I can afford it. I don't think I can justify paying $240k more than my state school for USC. Super bummed. Would have been an awesome experience! I hope someone who really wants it will get my seat! Good luck to you all.

what is your state school?
you even consider USC over your state school in the beginning? why?

congratzzz!!!

what is your state school?
you even consider USC over your state school in the beginning? why?

congratzzz!!!

Georgia. Non-traditional, non-conservative, and older applicant here: There are other reasons people choose a dental school other than cost. My other reasons were personal- family and needing a fresh start. I was also pretty impressed with their clinic and other dentists I shadowed spoke very highly of it as well. It's a great school regardless of the tuition. The important thing for everyone is to do your homework and know exactly what you are walking into- pros, cons, sacrifices, and trade offs, regardless of whatever school you choose. There is NO wrong decision. Some schools take more sacrifice, whether it be money or family, but it will work out in the end. Life is short so do what is best for you. If you can make it work and it fits YOU then go for it! Trust YOUR gut. Biggest advice I received and can give. Keep it positive and good luck guys!!

Reactions: 4 users
Georgia. Non-traditional, non-conservative, and older applicant here: There are other reasons people choose a dental school other than cost. My other reasons were personal- family and needing a fresh start. I was also pretty impressed with their clinic and other dentists I shadowed spoke very highly of it as well. It's a great school regardless of the tuition. The important thing for everyone is to do your homework and know exactly what you are walking into- pros, cons, sacrifices, and trade offs, regardless of whatever school you choose. There is NO wrong decision. Some schools take more sacrifice, whether it be money or family, but it will work out in the end. Life is short so do what is best for you. If you can make it work and it fits YOU then go for it! Trust YOUR gut. Biggest advice I received and can give. Keep it positive and good luck guys!!

oh i remember reading your posts somewhere a long time ago now. thats great. a fresh start can and will absolutely be made anywhere as long as you set firm boundaries.

good luck with georgia :)

Congrats first. And thank you so much Dr. Penny. All best wishes to your future.

So did they send out a wave of acceptance today?

Some guy from the Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection thread posted that he got accepted to USC this afternoon hmmmmmmm
Man I feel like I need to get off this forum and just wait blindly. Stressing me out man

Haha I know right. I should just go travel somewhere for a month
If I get in this round I'm doing a 3 month backpack through vietnam, cambodia, laos =] oh and thailand!

If I get in this round I'm doing a 3 month backpack through vietnam, cambodia, laos =] oh and thailand!

Haha gonna do some traveling myself to China Japan and Singapore. Be cool to do some field trips/dental trips with classmates in the future during breaks.

I just brought back my good old friend Destroyer... Just mentally preparing haha

Reactions: 2 users
i called and they said that no acceptances were given out yesterday and that the class is half full.

Reactions: 1 users
the man who picked up said "I have no idea" when I asked when the next round will be...... :lame:

to fix what i said he said "the class is at least half full" so I'm assuming theres 50-70 spots left

I'm not sure if this helps, but I was accepted last round and the deadline they gave for accept/decline responses was March 4th. So maybe the next round is after that, when they have a response from everyone. I declined and went with my state school, so good luck to all of you!

Reactions: 7 users
I'm guessing they'll have a round of acceptance next week, maybe on Tuesday?

Based on the last 2 years, they tend to send out another wave at the very end of March or early April

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

and after that wave we can pretty much give up right
sorry bud, judging from old posts there will be one in may, beggining ish. makes sense, 1/2 or more taken, 50-70 seats left, 36 seats, 2 rounds left. hahaha, can't be helped. stress builds character?

Declining the offer today.

Definitely feeling sad about this one because USC is great. People are nice. Environment is laid back. A lot of things to love.

Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Received an interview invite today! Its pretty late in the cycle and I was wondering a few things:
1. Is the Class of 2020 full? If not, do you guys know roughly how many seats are still available? Will I be interviewing for a waitlist position?
2. How does the interview day go?
3. What is the acceptance rate? (interviewed/accepted)
4. Any tips?

Received an interview invite today! Its pretty late in the cycle and I was wondering a few things:
1. Is the Class of 2020 full? If not, do you guys know roughly how many seats are still available? Will I be interviewing for a waitlist position?
2. How does the interview day go?
3. What is the acceptance rate? (interviewed/accepted)
4. Any tips?

could you tell me when did you apply to USC?