***The Official USC Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

They sent out a batch of interviews about 2 weeks ago, so I assume you missed that one, but that's not to say you won't be chosen for the next batch.

Keep your head up![/Q
Do you know how often they send the interview invitations? How many times a month?

Members don't see this ad.

Those with interviews, did you hand write your supp?

I've seen them come out about once a month. I got my interview in Oct.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my interview last week [September 30th] so I would guess either week or every other week.

I got my interview last week [September 30th] so I would guess either week or every other week.

I am late on posting but I too received an interview invite on Sept. 30th. All of the available dates spanned the month of October, so I think November is still wide open.

Those with interviews, did you hand write your supp?
I asked them and they do not care. I typed mine and all the formatting got messed up. Took a while to fix it so I would write it if I were you. Then again you are probably already done with it

What time do these interviews usually end? I have to book my flight but I don't want to end up missing my flight. The flight is at 6pm departure, will I make it from the school to the airport on time for tsa checking and all that?

3:30 is the scheduled time, we got out at 3:00 tho so it really depends on the group interview.

What time do these interviews usually end? I have to book my flight but I don't want to end up missing my flight. The flight is at 6pm departure, will I make it from the school to the airport on time for tsa checking and all that?

Ours ended around 3, I would try to catch a later flight, 7-8pm+if I could, but preferably the next day

Yeah money is tight so I'm trying to save as much as possible and it's kinda tough. I guess this will be a must though. Thanks guys.

Radison has 2 beds so if you can find someone to split the room with that could be an option.

I don't think anyone on here has an interview on the 21st like me, or at least I'm not sure if anyone would want to split a room. If anyone is willing, let me know. Thanks @PocketRocket

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
@HookahLungs I'll be there on the 21st but I live in the area. Just starting to work on the supplemental they sent us. I totally forgot about it.

Those who interviewed, did any of your portal statuses not change to "Check back December 1st"?

@HookahLungs I'll be there on the 21st but I live in the area. Just starting to work on the supplemental they sent us. I totally forgot about it.
I'm workin on that now as well, I'll be able to complete a good amount of it on the plane as well. A bunch of pointless questions to be honest. See you on Wednesday :) I'm excited. This group interview will be interesting.

I'm workin on that now as well, I'll be able to complete a good amount of it on the plane as well. A bunch of pointless questions to be honest. See you on Wednesday :) I'm excited. This group interview will be interesting.

I think they asked about extracurriculars and hobbies in 3 or 4 different ways lol

I'm interviewing on the 3rd of Nov if anyone wants to hang out and explore LA after the interview. I'm flying out of LAX that night at 11pm.

Last edited:
If you aren't going to either of the 2 museums right by USC I'd advise you to head more towards the north/west around Santa Monica, Westwood, Beverly Hills, etc. If you're from out of state and haven't already heard, the area around USC is pretty crappy. Even ktown or somewhere touristy like Olvera street would be a better choice haha
@tropicarrie

I've lived in Santa Monica, Westwood, Korea town and I was born in LA

Last edited:
If you aren't going to either of the 2 museums right by USC I'd advise you to head more towards the north/west around Santa Monica, Westwood, Beverly Hills, etc. If you're from out of state and haven't already heard, the area around USC is pretty crappy. Even ktown or somewhere touristy like Olvera street would be a better choice haha
@tropicarrie
Yes I am from out of state lol. Do you know the best transportation way to check out the city. Is public transportation there decent? I have about 5 hours to spare between interview and when I need to leave for airport.

Yes I am from out of state lol. Do you know the best transportation way to check out the city. Is public transportation there decent? I have about 5 hours to spare between interview and when I need to leave for airport.
Lol, go to the airport asap after your interview. LA traffic is insane.

Reactions: 1 users
In that case I'd stay close to LAX or do stuff on the way back because the airport is a madhouse and LA traffic is ****ing awful. I know I might sound crazy to someone who isn't from the area but trust me when I say it is the worst place in the country to drive

Not only is it congested beyond belief, but the public transportation in most of LA is the worst I've ever seen for a city its size. I get that it's a huge city and all but NY at least has stuff like more subways and Vancouver has the skytrain. LA has... Uber and ****ty buses. Maybe I'm being too harsh because I'm so sick of the city but idk, I don't think anyone can argue the other way lol

Last edited:
In that case I'd stay close to LAX or do stuff on the way back because the airport is a madhouse and LA traffic is ****ing awful. I know I might sound crazy to someone who isn't from the area but trust me when I say it is the worst place in the country to drive

Not only is it congested beyond belief, but the public transportation in most of LA is the worst I've ever seen for a city its size. I get that it's a huge city and all but NY at least has stuff like more subways and Vancouver has the skytrain. LA has... Uber and ****ty buses. Maybe I'm being too harsh because I'm so sick of the city but idk, I don't think anyone can argue the other way lol
Yah I heard the transportation is crap. lol I'm giving myself about 4 hours to travel from USC to the airport (I think I'm going to take a USC shuttle) so that'll give me 4 hours to just wander around. My cousin was in LA and she said it took her 3 hours to get from Pasadena to Santa Monica, the traffic was so bad.

Has anyone had their USC interview? Would you mind briefly sharing what your experience was like?

I payed 15$ to get from usc to LAX using Uber Pool. Got there in 30 minutes

Has anyone had their USC interview? Would you mind briefly sharing what your experience was like?
easy. group case study with PBL. 2 ice breaker questions. and the rest is eat/tour/financial aid

Anyone want to do anything after today's interview? I have a rental car so we can do anything I just don't really know what to do

Anyone want to do anything after today's interview? I have a rental car so we can do anything I just don't really know what to do

From the LA area: get some great Mexican food anywhere around the area (some great spots in downtown) and go to Santa Monica! Easy and fun way to kill time.

I actually had to reschedule my interview until the 28th. Anyone going then?

Interview #6 :)
School: USC
Notification date: 10/21/15
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: MI
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25/15
Application complete date: 6/13/15
GPA (science, overall) 3.45 (3.56 without +/-), 3.6 (3.68 without +/-)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/22/21/none

To anyone that has already interviewed: where did you end up staying?

Does anyone know how many they interview this year anf how many acceptance letters will be sent out?

From the LA area: get some great Mexican food anywhere around the area (some great spots in downtown) and go to Santa Monica! Easy and fun way to kill time.
Great? How do I know what's great..??!

Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats and when your application complete dates were?

Residency: VA
AADSAS mail-out date: 9/04/15
Application Complete date: 9/16/2015
GPA (science, overall) 3.81, 3.8
DAT: 22/22

Is it in a good area? Was it safe to walk to campus from there?

The Radisson is literally right across the street from campus, so I would highly recommend staying there. The area around USC really isn't as dangerous as people make it out to be. During the day it is perfectly safe.. There are even guards at every corner/end of the street when it gets towards the evening. Just stay towards the north side of campus (the side the dental school is on) and be smart.

Also forgot to mention there is a place called vagabond inn for those looking for a little more affordable housing compared to the radisson.. They are also extremely close to campus (on the north side).
3101 s Figueroa st Los Angeles ca

Good luck you guys!

Great? How do I know what's great..??!
This might be a little late.. But Leo's tacos (taco truck) or king taco (multiple locations) are both super great. Very.. Authentic.

On the other hand if you have time to uber or lyft towards the heart of downtown la, there's a bomb sushi restaurant called sugarfish. A bit more upscale but so worth. Sprinkles cupcakes is also in that area at the fig/7th shopping mall.. You could also visit little Tokyo and the arts district. Little Tokyo is a great place to just walk around.. And the arts district has a good amount of graffiti/art on the buildings.. Great hot dog place called wurstkuche that serves exotic hot dogs like rattlesnake..

I'm not sure if you are allowed to share this, but if so, what kind of questions are on the supplemental app? Is it pretty short or are there essays?

I'm not sure if you are allowed to share this, but if so, what kind of questions are on the supplemental app? Is it pretty short or are there essays?
Hobbies, skills, interests, research, etc..

Hi, USC fellas. Did you folks get an interview confirmation email after scheduling an interview?

This might be a little late.. But Leo's tacos (taco truck) or king taco (multiple locations) are both super great. Very.. Authentic..
King taco is amazing

Well I hope the person who scheduled my interview doesn't make mistake. Plane ticket costed me a fortune
Yes I had to take out a loan as well these plane tickets are adding up. Call and verify the date of your interview

Cannot believe I now have the honor to post this!
Interview baby...
Batch 8