***The Official USC Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Cannot believe I now have the honor to post this!
Interview baby...
Batch 8
when? do you know if it is open or closed file?

Members don't see this ad.

Those who interviewed, did any of your portal statuses not change to "Check back December 1st"?

After my interview, my status was changed to "Wait Listed." From what I've heard, this is what every interviewee's status says following the completion of their interview. If anyone who has interviewed this year had their status changed to something else, s.a. "Check back December 1st," please correct me. Note: this is on the mobile portal. The actual site says, "Please check back on December 1 for more information regarding your decision status with this school."

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
After my interview, my status was changed to "Wait Listed." From what I've heard, this is what every interviewee's status says following the completion of their interview. If anyone who has interviewed this year had their status changed to something else, s.a. "Check back December 1st," please correct me.

Mine says "Please check back on December 1 for more information regarding your decision status with this school". Thats weird, why would the responses be different if USC says that everyone is considered waitlisted after an interview?

Yeah that's weird... Mine says "wait listed" on mobile, but "check back dec 1" on the regular site as well

When were your interviews? I'll check mine tomorrow after I go but my friend was there 3 weeks ago and she says hers still says invited for interview on the portal. I don't think it means anything.

Last year people also mentioned they received a post interview email from USC. Did anyone get that?

Last edited:
Interview was 10/15. I also received a Post interview email talking about deposit, health screening, and completion requirements.

Interview was 10/15. I also received a Post interview email talking about deposit, health screening, and completion requirements.
Do you mind checking the date you received that email? I'd like to see how long it came after your interview.

I interviewed on 10/6 and received the post-interview email on 10/9. My AADSAS portal says to check back on dec. 1.

Mine was 1 day after. 10/16
I interviewed on 10/6 and received the post-interview email on 10/9. My AADSAS portal says to check back on dec. 1.
Hmm...I interviewed 10/21 and my portal still says "Invited for Interview" and I haven't received a post-interview email. Anyone else from more recent interviews want to chime in please? I don't want to call them until I know someone from my session has already received the email.

Hmm...I interviewed 10/21 and my portal still says "Invited for Interview" and I haven't received a post-interview email. Anyone else from more recent interviews want to chime in please?
also interviewed on 10/21. haven't received a post interview email.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed 3 days ago and haven't received any follow up from USC. My portal also still says invited for interview still. Anyone else who interviewed in the past 2 weeks have anything different?

I interviewed 3 days ago and haven't received any follow up from USC. My portal also still says invited for interview still. Anyone else who interviewed in the past 2 weeks have anything different?
Interviewed on Wednesday and just got the email (no change on AADSAS). Still slightly confused on how to interpret the email...

Interviewed on Wednesday and just got the email (no change on AADSAS). Still slightly confused on how to interpret the email...
the email just means they have their candidates ranked and everyone, even if you aren't accepted Dec 1, will be up for consideration as long as you've been interviewed. I just don't know if they need us to fill out that form and send it to them right away. I mean...we interviewed there and now they're asking us, before Dec 1, if we want to still be considered for admission? How weird is that. No, I'd like you to withdraw my application. No need to consider me for the class of 2020. I just interviewed for ****s and giggles!

the email just means they have their candidates ranked and everyone, even if you aren't accepted Dec 1, will be up for consideration as long as you've been interviewed. I just don't know if they need us to fill out that form and send it to them right away. I mean...we interviewed there and now they're asking us, before Dec 1, if we want to still be considered for admission? How weird is that. No, I'd like you to withdraw my application. No need to consider me for the class of 2020. I just interviewed for ****s and giggles!
Oh I just found it weird not everyone received the email- although they have a lot of applicants so I'm sure they're backed up.

Oh I just found it weird not everyone received the email- although they have a lot of applicants so I'm sure they're backed up.
Oh I think everyone should have received it now. My friend who interviewed 2 weeks ago got it the same time as I did today. I bet some people will post here tomorrow saying they got it haha. How soon are you mailing that form back to them?

Sometime this week! Currently traveling so waiting until I get back home.

I just sent my form via email, since I thought it'd be less hassle and faster than faxing/snail mail haha. Hope they accept electronic signatures.
Wish they accepted more than like 50 people on Dec 1 though...

I interviewed last month and received the post interview email yesterday!

Last edited:
I applied October 25th..will they still be sending out interviews? If so, when is the next batch does anyone have a clue?

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone have an idea when they would send out the next round of interviews? I deferred my interview (they offered dates in early Nov that I absolutely could not make) and I'm a bit worried now that I won't get a pre-Dec 1st interview... Do you think they would still send out interview dates for later this month?

I applied October 25th..will they still be sending out interviews? If so, when is the next batch does anyone have a clue?
Yes they will send out interviews for February and March. They will read your entire app and give you the same consideration like any other applicants as long as you submitted before deadline.

Hey pre-dents
I have a friend interviewing at USC and she wanted me to ask on here if they still have a written essay on interview day? I had one like that at Michigan years ago not sure if USC does or does not do this.. thanks for your time

Hey pre-dents
I have a friend interviewing at USC and she wanted me to ask on here if they still have a written essay on interview day? I had one like that at Michigan years ago not sure if USC does or does not do this.. thanks for your time
Yes they do

Hey pre-dents
The essay is easy so don't worry about that. They ask stuff like what's your favorite book or movie

I just sent my form via email, since I thought it'd be less hassle and faster than faxing/snail mail haha. Hope they accept electronic signatures.
Wish they accepted more than like 50 people on Dec 1 though...

they told u at interview they would only extend 50 acceptances on dec 1st? that is so little. with that pricetag + large class size (144), they should have offer more

Does anyone have an idea when they would send out the next round of interviews? I deferred my interview (they offered dates in early Nov that I absolutely could not make) and I'm a bit worried now that I won't get a pre-Dec 1st interview... Do you think they would still send out interview dates for later this month?

got my interview invite on Nov 5th to interview on Nov 12. Good luck!

Guys, how is the interview? I'm so nervous. What type of questions they ask in the ice breaker? How hard is the pbl medical case?

Guys, how is the interview? I'm so nervous. What type of questions they ask in the ice breaker? How hard is the pbl medical case?
It's so hard everyone failed 1/15 and the ice breakers are also questions about quantum mechanics. Good luck although you will also fail the interview. Jk relax its a very easy interview. Ice breakers like "how would your friend describe you" the pbl case is you and 7 others working together and the proctor also helps to some extent

they told u at interview they would only extend 50 acceptances on dec 1st? that is so little. with that pricetag + large class size (144), they should have offer more
Yeah, that's what I remember them saying. Not sure how true this is though since sometimes there is a discrepancy in what they tell us and what actually happens. From reading old threads, it seems as though they do accept a lower number than usual on December 1 (in comparison to some other schools) and extend acceptances throughout the cycle - as in it's not uncommon to get in later. I think it was because they have a February deadline that they set it up that way (similar to why Tufts starts interviewing so late). Sucks for us haha. Good luck on your interview!

Yeah, that's what I remember them saying. Not sure how true this is though since sometimes there is a discrepancy in what they tell us and what actually happens. From reading old threads, it seems as though they do accept a lower number than usual on December 1 (in comparison to some other schools) and extend acceptances throughout the cycle - as in it's not uncommon to get in later. I think it was because they have a February deadline that they set it up that way (similar to why Tufts starts interviewing so late). Sucks for us haha. Good luck on your interview!

What you mean February deadline? Why Tuft interviews so late?

LOL sorry I am lagging behind on my research.

What you mean February deadline? Why Tuft interviews so late?

LOL sorry I am lagging behind on my research.
Haha it's alright. Most schools have deadlines (for their secondaries?) and the latest is in February I think. I'm pretty sure that's why schools like Tufts and USC with later deadlines want to start interviewing later/sending out less acceptances on December 1, respectively, so that they can see more of the applicant pool and get a feel of everyone.

Haha it's alright. Most schools have deadlines (for their secondaries?) and the latest is in February I think. I'm pretty sure that's why schools like Tufts and USC with later deadlines want to start interviewing later/sending out less acceptances on December 1, respectively, so that they can see more of the applicant pool and get a feel of everyone.

ohhh ok thanks. Well I applied and got completed back in January and just received the interview now. Im pretty sure USC hands out a lot of interviews already.

ohhh ok thanks. Well I applied and got completed back in January and just received the interview now. Im pretty sure USC hands out a lot of interviews already.
January? And they only started in October, so chances are still good ;)

I have an interview at USC for November 12 also :))) Got the invite about 1 week ago!

It's so hard everyone failed 1/15 and the ice breakers are also questions about quantum mechanics. Good luck although you will also fail the interview. Jk relax its a very easy interview. Ice breakers like "how would your friend describe you" the pbl case is you and 7 others working together and the proctor also helps to some extent
Thank you! I got the exact question

When is the interview usually done? Is the traffic bad at the time you left?

The interview ends around 3:15 and traffic will just be starting so not terrible but if you wait an hour it can get bad (also depends on what freeway you are going on…)
When is the interview usually done? Is the traffic bad at the time you left?

My mobile portal just updated from waitlisted to check back on Dec 1st. Did any of youguys who had interview get that as well? My portal used to say check back on Dec 1st but not on my mobile portal.:eyebrow:

My mobile portal just updated from waitlisted to check back on Dec 1st. Did any of youguys who had interview get that as well? My portal used to say check back on Dec 1st but not on my mobile portal.:eyebrow:
Yep! Same happened to me today

Before:
Web: "Check back on December..."
Mobile: "Waitlisted"

Now:
Mobile: "Check back on December..."

Yep! Same happened to me today

Before:
Mobile: "Waitlisted"

Now:
Mobile: "Check back on December..."

Same! Im hoping thats a good sign haha :claps:

Reactions: 2 users
Same with me, came to post but u guys already ahead of me. Hopefully good news

Mine didn't change. Is there anyone whose portal didn't get updated?
Oh dang. The speculations begin. Let's see if the 'wait listed -> check back' is the accepted or the 'wait listed' is the accepted one. Ahhhhh this is nuts