***The Official USC Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Aww thanks!! Yep we just have to wait it out :) and I giggled at that picture of the skeleton lol
Hahaha thanks! :p

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I just got an email that I've been accepted. Let it begin guys! Good luck!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats to those accepted for this cycle! Do any of you mind please sharing your stats and when you applied? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it me or has usc already sent out acceptances already? My mind is being toyed with!!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Is it me or has usc already sent out acceptances already? My mind is being toyed with!!!!
I cant imagine that only 1 person got an acceptance today... :shrug:

I cant imagine that only 1 person got an acceptance today... :shrug:
There has been a couple people who said they got accepted on the official acceptance pages, but yeah its surprising that its only been a couple, maybe more tomorrow

Also received an acceptance email today. Wish everyone else the best of luck.

Will USC continue to send out acceptances in the next coming days or do they only send them out the first of the month?

They only sent out 50 acceptances today! So hang in there guys! USC doesnt use dec 1st

Also received an acceptance email today. Wish everyone else the best of luck.
Haha, hey classmate! Congratulations again on your acceptance! :)

no idea, i'm still waitlisted
Same here. All we can do now is wait, we did our part already.

They only sent out 50 acceptances today! So hang in there guys! USC doesnt use dec 1st
Were all 50 sent today? Or will those 50 be spread out over the next few days?

Same here. All we can do now is wait, we did our part already.

Were all 50 sent today? Or will those 50 be spread out over the next few days?
Forever waiting...

And I think they send them all out today, unfortunately. And according to old threads, I think there's usually a wave in January (despite them saying that the next wave is in February). They spread the acceptances out a lot more than other schools, it feels like. Gotta wait it out haha

Forever waiting...

And I think they send them all out today, unfortunately. And according to old threads, I think there's usually a wave in January (despite them saying that the next wave is in February). They spread the acceptances out a lot more than other schools, it feels like. Gotta wait it out haha
Thanks for the info!

And now I'm over here like: :roflcopter:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all. I am a D2 at USC. First of all congrats to those who have been accepted. Getting into dental school is a huge accomplishment. For those still waiting, please be patient. USC does send their acceptances in waves. I know classmates who received their's in June. They will still be interviewing people at the beginning of next year.

The D1 class president will post a link to the class Facebook page soon. That way you guys can start chatting and asking upperclassmen any questions you have. Good luck to everyone. Happy holidays! And Fight On!!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Were all 50 sent out today, or do they spread them out over the next few days? Also, what do you mean by "USC doesnt use dec 1st"? Thanks!

Great question bro! I too would like to know if the acceptances are spread out or in one day

does anyone know how many people are actually accepted by USC? I know the class size is 144, but how many get acceptances?

Were all 50 sent out today, or do they spread them out over the next few days? Also, what do you mean by "USC doesnt use dec 1st"? Thanks!
I just have a friend who received an acceptance today so i guess they send more every day/week/month? For USC, they dont send out a ton of acceptance and wait for people to withdraw. They send out some acceptance and if people withdraw, they will fill in the spots with the higher ranked waitlister! So its just a little different from other more expensive school!

does anyone know how many people are actually accepted by USC? I know the class size is 144, but how many get acceptances?
144! Then they will send more if needed to fill the spots

I just have a friend who received an acceptance today so i guess they send more every day/week/month? For USC, they dont send out a ton of acceptance and wait for people to withdraw. They send out some acceptance and if people withdraw, they will fill in the spots with the higher ranked waitlister! So its just a little different from other more expensive school!
Awesome! Thank you for your response.

Waiting is KILLING......I am checking my email almost every 3 mins.... cannot even focus on work.....

Was so strong yesterday! Now my confidence just drops 80%...

Hey all. I am a D2 at USC. First of all congrats to those who have been accepted. Getting into dental school is a huge accomplishment. For those still waiting, please be patient. USC does send their acceptances in waves. I know classmates who received their's in June. They will still be interviewing people at the beginning of next year.

The D1 class president will post a link to the class Facebook page soon. That way you guys can start chatting and asking upperclassmen any questions you have. Good luck to everyone. Happy holidays! And Fight On!!!!
Hey! Here's the link to the incoming class' page on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/185028828510033/.

Question for the students who were waitlisted last year, do we get to find out our position on the waitlist and when does the waitlist usually get released?

Question for the students who were waitlisted last year, do we get to find out our position on the waitlist and when does the waitlist usually get released?
This is directly from the post interview document:

"The list of Post-Interview candidates is maintained by the Office of Admissions and Student Affairs. The ranking and/or an applicant’s placement on this list is not released. Applicants are taken, in order, from this list and offered a position in the class. All openings which occur in the class between December and September are filled from this list of Post-Interview candidates.

Although this classification of applicants might also be known as alternate or “wait listed candidate,” the Post-Interview status is assigned to ALL applicants who have successfully completed the interview process - EVEN THOUGH THE CLASS IS NOT FULL at the time of placement on the list. Approximately 500 applicants will be classified as Post-Interview Candidates, between October 2015 and May 2016. From this list of approximately 500 applicants, the entering class of 144 students will be assembled."

Did anyone recieve an email saying they are still under consideration? I haven't recieved anything post-interview :confused:

You only applied to USC this cycle?
27 actually...but my mailing date is Oct 2nd... a late one..very late.
That s why most of my applications are still "Under Review" or "Application Complete"..
2 pre-dec interviews, 1 in Jan, 1 in Feb
But starring at those" Waiting listed", "Under Review", and "Application Complete" makes me :boom:

Last edited:
27 actually...but my mailing date is Oct 2nd... a late one..very late.
That s why most of my applications are still "Under Review" or "Application Complete"..
2 pre-dec interviews, 1 in Jan, 1 in Feb
But starring at those" Waiting listed", "Under Review", and "Application Complete" makes me :boom:
Shoot! My mail-out date was Oct. 1st, that's considered very late? :scared:

Although I submitted my application Aug. 15th, AADSAS requested an additional transcript that took 6 weeks to request/mail/process. +pissed+

Shoot! My mail-out date was Oct. 1st, that's considered very late? :scared:

Although I submitted my application Aug. 15th, AADSAS requested an additional transcript that took 6 weeks to request/mail/process. +pissed+
I think we are about the same
About that "very late" : I went back to where I grad on August and asked the prehealth adviser about if my "late" was considered "too late", and at that time she didnt recommend me to apply this year, "Unless you wanna take this huge risk"....
Also I read ppl posting their timeline on sdn... a lot of early June and July....

I think we are about the same
About that "very late" : I went back to where I grad on August and asked the prehealth adviser about if my "late" was considered "too late", and at that time she didnt recommend me to apply this year, "Unless you wanna take this huge risk"....
Also I read ppl posting their timeline on sdn... a lot of early June and July....
Hmm that seems daunting...Regardless, stay strong and don't lose your mind (just yet). We still have very good chances of being accepted! :)

Dang I thought they were in January!
That's what I thought too, but from speaking with current dental students and researching the past acceptance threads on SDN, I have found that's not the case.

Also, during the introduction session of the interview, I remember the Assistant Dean of Admissions stating that USC will send out acceptances on the 1st of Dec., Feb., Mar., Apr., and finally they will send out a few more acceptances to make up for those who declined the offer.

That's what I thought too, but from speaking with current dental students and researching the past acceptance threads on SDN, I have found that's not the case.

Also, during the introduction session of the interview, I remember the Assistant Dean of Admissions stating that USC will send out acceptances on the 1st of Dec., Feb., Mar., Apr., and finally they will send out a few more acceptances to make up for those who declined the offer.

Wow I cant wait another month lol, it looks like most of us on here are already dying :smack:

Would you guys say that, if enough people decline the offer, everyone that has been waitlisted gets accepted?

Would you guys say that, if enough people decline the offer, everyone that has been waitlisted gets accepted?
Haha thats one hopeful thought! I would like to think so too but its never be the case. USC waitlist everyone they interview and thus there are about 400 people waitlisted for a total of 114 seats available ( minus people accepted their offer on dec 1, so probably 95 actual available seats?)

When I intervied at USC back in November, they said my group was the last interview of the year and wont be intervewing until 2016.

About decision, they said they typically sent it once a month...