Nada so far :(

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I wonder if they send all acceptance letters at once or one by one

Just got mine, will likely be accepting - interviewed Nov. 4

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got my acceptance as well. Will be declining. Good luck to everybody else!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi guys, I just miraculously got an interview invitation from the admission committee... (still in shock)
I'm just wondering if anybody want to share their interview experiences? Anything would be great!

Hi guys, I just miraculously got an interview invitation from the admission committee... (still in shock)
I'm just wondering if anybody want to share their interview experiences? Anything would be great!
Congrats!!!

The group interview consists of two rounds of drawing questions out of a had. One is more of a formal, profession related question, and the other is a casual ice breaker question.

The interview feedback pretty much lists the questions you could possibly come across. If you take a look at those, you'll be prepared.

During the PBL, you're given a case, and you take turns reading paragraphs. Someone can volunteer to stand up and write down the ideas everyone comes up with.

The writing prompt was light. Most of us wrote maybe 2-3 short paragraphs.

Overall definitely not a big deal. It gives you an opportunity to socialize with other interviewees and let your personality speak for itself :)

Congrats!!!

The group interview consists of two rounds of drawing questions out of a had. One is more of a formal, profession related question, and the other is a casual ice breaker question.

The interview feedback pretty much lists the questions you could possibly come across. If you take a look at those, you'll be prepared.

During the PBL, you're given a case, and you take turns reading paragraphs. Someone can volunteer to stand up and write down the ideas everyone comes up with.

Overall definitely not a big deal. It gives you an opportunity to socialize with other interviewees and let your personality speak for itself :)

Received an invite as well.

This may be a dumb question... What does PBL stand for?

Thanks!

Congrats!!!

Thank you for the feedback. I hope this helps me prepare a bit! I wish you a good luck on hearing good news! (if you are still waiting)

Received an invite as well.

This may be a dumb question... What does PBL stand for?

Thanks!
I would suggest researching PBL to make sure you know how it works (they provide some info about PBL in your interview email), because they will set up a mock PBL session and they will be watching your performance.

I would suggest researching PBL to make sure you know how it works (they provide some info about PBL in your interview email), because they will set up a mock PBL session and they will be watching your performance.

Thanks for the advice! I'll do some research.

My ADSAS status changed to Offer made on 02/02. But I havent received an email confirmation yet. Does it mean I get accepted?

congrats on the interview!!!! what were your stats and when was your app mailed out?

Members don't see this ad :)
My ADSAS status changed to Offer made on 02/02. But I havent received an email confirmation yet. Does it mean I get accepted?
You could always call and confirm with them that you're accepted, but I'd say chances are that you've been accepted to USC. Congrats!

Has USC given out any rejections without interviews yet?

They sent out a batch of interviews about 2 weeks ago, so I assume you missed that one, but that's not to say you won't be chosen for the next batch.

Keep your head up!
they also sent out interviews yesterday! :/

Does anyone know if they send scholarships through email or snail mail??

I had to call to receive my acceptance email. Now I have to decide USC vs UCSF... Tough choice :greedy:

I had to call to receive my acceptance email. Now I have to decide USC vs UCSF... Tough choice :greedy:
What school do you have in mind first? I just had an interview in USC. Personally, I like USC since everything seems newer than UCSF. The weather in socal is great too.

Do u guys know if they are still sending interview invitations ?

Do u guys know if they are still sending interview invitations ?
They interview through April they says. Last year I applied early and didn't get an invite until Feb 17th! Looking at last years feed it seems like interviewing ends around last February and acceptances go through April! So hopefully we will hear soon

Last edited:
They interview through April they says. Last year I applied early and didn't get an invite until Feb 17th! Looking at last years feed it seems like interviewing ends around last February and acceptances go through April! So hopefully we will hear soon
Thank you :)

For those of you accepted and living in Ca, how long before you received your acceptance packet via regular mail?

What school do you have in mind first? I just had an interview in USC. Personally, I like USC since everything seems newer than UCSF. The weather in socal is great too.
I like USC a lot (was impressed with their 3D printers and they actually teach CAD/CAM) but I just couldnt get over how much more I would end up paying if I choose USC. And UCSF is a top school with an established name! I still dint know:confused::sick:

I like USC a lot (was impressed with their 3D printers and they actually teach CAD/CAM) but I just couldnt get over how much more I would end up paying if I choose USC. And UCSF is a top school with an established name! I still dint know:confused::sick:

you got into UCSF???? wow congrats!!

Congratulations on your acceptances to both schools! :)

If I were in your position, I would choose UCSF. Don't get me wrong, I liked USC too.

However, UCSF is much cheaper, has a P/F grading system, smaller class size, many more research opportunities (if that's your thing), and higher specialization rates (if you're interested in specializing). These are all bonuses for me personally.

Aside from all these factors, I would choose UCSF over USC due to the cost difference alone. I believe the significant difference in debt is not worth attending USC, unless you are applying for a full ride scholarship such as the HPSP (and if you are indeed selected).

Congratulations on your acceptances to both schools! :)

If I were in your position, I would choose UCSF. Don't get me wrong, I liked USC too.

However, UCSF is much cheaper, has a P/F grading system, smaller class size, many more research opportunities (if that's your thing), and higher specialization rates (if you're interested in specializing). These are all bonuses for me personally.

Aside from all these factors, I would choose UCSF over USC due to the cost difference alone. I believe the significant difference in debt is not worth attending USC, unless you are applying for a full ride scholarship such as the HPSP (and if you are indeed selected).
Thank you for replying. I greatly appreciate it.

Did anyone applied early, have good stats and hasn't heard from this school yet?

Did anyone applied early, have good stats and hasn't heard from this school yet?

I applied 2nd batch, 3.4 oGPA, 3.3sGPA, 20AA/20TS/22PA/21RC with decent extracurriculars, haven't heard back yet. I really want to go to this school :(

Intaaaaaaviewwwww invite!!!

interview invite as well!

Last edited:
Invited for an interview as well. ~3.3 gpa's, 21-23 for DAT scores. I lack the effort for finding specific numbers right now.

Excited though!

Invite!
Tuesday, February 16

Wednesday, February 17

Tuesday, February 23

Wednesday, February 24

congratulation !! do you guys mind sharing when did you submit your application .. and good luck !!! :)

congratulation !! do you guys mind sharing when did you submit your application .. and good luck !!! :)

Submitted June 18 but didn't take DAT until Nov. 18 so I would say a week or 2 after, my app was complete.

Interview
Notification date: 2/11/2016
Method of notification: Email
Residency: California
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25/2015
GPA (science, overall): 3.43, 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/23/18/no

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats!! Were you certified or registered dental assistant?

Hey sorry for the delay. NYS doesn't require certification to be a dental assistant so I didn't go that route. I was trained in offices that were willing to train me because of my interest in the field, and did a few internships

Anyone have an idea on how many seats are taken. Also, I don't understand how the waitlists process for usc works. To my understanding everyone who interview gets waitlisted right away?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Anyone have an idea on how many seats are taken. Also, I don't understand how the waitlists process for usc works. To my understanding everyone who interview gets waitlisted right away?

I have been Waitlisted since Dec 1 and have not heard anything back yet. When I tried calling to ask any progress I came across a very rude and unprofessional person who was not helpful. So I kind of just gave up hope haha sucks but I wouldn't want to go to a school where the first impression I get on the phone is of a rude and unprofessional person.

For those of you that already committed to USC, can you explain your thoughts on all the criticism USC has received recently? (I'm not talking about the tuition, I'm talking about the actual program)
I know clinically, USC is a top school, but what's with all the criticism?
I'm asking those who plan on attending in fall 2016 because you guys obviously committed to the school despite these issues so there must be a good reason.
Thanks in advance!

I have been Waitlisted since Dec 1 and have not heard anything back yet. When I tried calling to ask any progress I came across a very rude and unprofessional person who was not helpful. So I kind of just gave up hope haha sucks but I wouldn't want to go to a school where the first impression I get on the phone is of a rude and unprofessional person.
Hmm that's interesting! Thanks for the input