***The Official USC Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlnjd117

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Reactions: 1 users
Thank you for making this thread!

They actually cashed my $85 THE DAY I MAILED IT! (Yes I live in LA lol)

Despite a lot of USC haters on this forum, this is one of my top choices :)

I'm in LA too! I would actually be happy to go there, a dream! How do you feel about their problem based learning curriculum?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to 20. I believe I've discussed this before on another thread with you... not to hijack thread but congrats on your multiple interview offers! I'm still waiting for some and have been "waitlisted" for others.
Still very early! You will get in plenty I am sure! Good luck to you too!

I called the admissions last week, and they told me that we won't hear back from USC for at least another month. They said that they haven't even looked at the applications yet. I think they are busy prepping for orientations and whatnot. So let's just sit here and wait guys!

Is August too late to submit secondary apps? I'm working on my apps for ASDOH and MOSDOH.

Hi what's up guys? No interview yet? Me neither....... Come on schools, just give us something!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone received an actual e-mail from USC? It's the only school I haven't received one from and it's one of my top!

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone received an actual e-mail from USC? It's the only school I haven't received one from and it's one of my top!
Same.. USC is the only school that I did not recieve any emails from.
Thought I was alone !

I've read a lot of posts about the hate on USC. Can you explain why it's one of your top choices?

Members don't see this ad :)
I've read a lot of posts about the hate on USC. Can you explain why it's one of your top choices?
Legacy, over 120 years of dental history, extensive alumni network. USC alums REALLY take care of each other, and I'd say close to half of all dentists in the greater-Los Angeles area come from USC.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm considering applying to USC, but not sure if 3.2 sGPA/oGPA 21AA is competitive enough.

I'm considering applying to USC, but not sure if 3.2 sGPA/oGPA 21AA is competitive enough.

The 2015-2016 ADEA handbook and USC brochure says 3.4/3.5 sGPA/oGPA, but their range is 3.0-4.0. DAT AA average (academic average average hahaha.... :meh:) is 20 with a range of 15-25.

I personally know of someone with a 19 AA (reapplicant from Alabama) who got into USC last year, and someone who got in the first try with a 3.0 2 years back.

I think what happens is because of insane $100k/yr tuition, applicants who get into a cheaper school will end up declining acceptances, opening up more and more spots as post-December comes by. Even around this time, you'll see lots of 2020 NYU and USC threads still being active with students getting last-minute acceptances.

That's also why USC stands for University of Second Choice, at least what people from cross-town rival UCLA say... :D

Long story short, you have a chance! And they don't even send out invites until September.

The 2015-2016 ADEA handbook and USC brochure says 3.4/3.5 sGPA/oGPA, but their range is 3.0-4.0. DAT AA average (academic average average hahaha.... :meh:) is 20 with a range of 15-25.

I personally know of someone with a 19 AA (reapplicant from Alabama) who got into USC last year, and someone who got in the first try with a 3.0 2 years back.

I think what happens is because of insane $100k/yr tuition, applicants who get into a cheaper school will end up declining acceptances, opening up more and more spots as post-December comes by. Even around this time, you'll see lots of 2020 NYU and USC threads still being active with students getting last-minute acceptances.

That's also why USC stands for University of Second Choice, at least what people from cross-town rival UCLA say... :D

Long story short, you have a chance! And they don't even send out invites until September.

I may give it a shot then! Any crazy lengthy supp ?'s to deal with?

I may give it a shot then! Any crazy lengthy supp ?'s to deal with?
Nope no supp, just mail a $85 check.

USC Office of Dental Admissions
File No. 121452
Los Angeles, CA 90074-2145

I think they give you an actual supplemental like a week before you're invited for an interview, so if you get one, that pretty much means you're invited.

USC doesn't even show up on my portal. Is this the case with you guys?

Hello guys,
How many supplemental essay questions are required by USC? and what are they? I had one 15 on my DAT and it is worried the head of me :(.
Thanks in advance!

USC posted this on their Facebook, if anyone's bored with nothing to do. Lol

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    160.7 KB · Views: 258
Hi guys,
I just bought a money order to pay for the fees, but not sure what to put down for the "pay to the order of" line, any idea?
thanks in advance

Hey guys,
quick question about the letter of rec-
does a committee letter satisfy the requirement of two letters?
or do I need an additional letter from a dentist?
thanks in advance!

Anyone get a confirmation email from them?
I've heard nothing from them. The only confirmation I had was from checking my bank statement and seeing that they cashed my check.

Just got two emails from them, one confirming receipt of my application and one confirming receipt of my application fee.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I was hoping the second email was an interview invite

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I got the emails too! USC still doesn't show up on my AADSAS portal though.

When you still haven't gotten e-mails from USC.... ok :(

Has anyone else not received the 2 e-mails and should I be concerned?... My application was sent out 7/15 and I paid around the same time.

Has anyone else not received the 2 e-mails and should I be concerned?... My application was sent out 7/15 and I paid around the same time.
App mailed 6/24 and mailed the check 6/4 and I didn't get those 2 e-mails, so yea idk.

Should we contact USC admissions if we have not gotten the two emails but paid/applied back in June?

Should we contact USC admissions if we have not gotten the two emails but paid/applied back in June?
I'm wondering that too... I'm not sure if we should just wait it out a little longer or what. Haha, bummer because USC is one of my top too.

I received 2 emails on 09/12 and my portal changed to Received/Under Review also. One said they received my aadsas app and the other said they received my secondary fee. My aadsas mailing date was 07/01.

Last year on September 18th(Friday), the first batch of invites went out. Possibly this Friday is the day for the first interview invites to go out this year.

Last year on September 18th(Friday), the first batch of invites went out. Possibly this Friday is the day for the first interview invites to go out this year.
Admissions said they're not even looking at apps till October :( so hopefully sooner

Got the double email from them just now. However, the second email about the $85.00 application processing fee said they "have not" received it, yet they cashed the check on 6/10 (sent it on 6/6)...

Status
Not open for further replies.