***The Official UTHSC-SA Class of 2020 Acceptance/Interview/Rejection Thread***

Hi txokie308, thanks for the welcome!
Does UTHSCSA still offer the option to test out of Biochemistry? I've heard it's extremely difficult, but I'd still like to give it a shot!

No, unfortunately they did away with that last year since they incorporated a clinical correlation aspect to the course. It kind of stinks, but the CCs are really cool so it *sort of* makes up for it!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when the second round of acceptances usually go out? Thanks

Reactions: 1 users
for those of you who already interview at SA , how was it? any advice??

Does anyone know when the second round of acceptances usually go out? Thanks

I called last week and she said that second round would go out right after Jan. 11. So I think it will be going out next week!

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed in November and still havent heard a response of waitlist or rejection. Did they email for this notification or what?

I interviewed in November and still havent heard a response of waitlist or rejection. Did they email for this notification or what?
how was your interview experience?

Has anyone heard of any acceptances after December 1st yet?

Has anyone received any late interviews? From last years thread, it seems like they gave some interview invites out around this time :nailbiting:

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received any late interviews? From last years thread, it seems like they gave some interview invites out around this time :nailbiting:

There was a group of interviews in here on Tuesday, but I dont know if they are still offering more :/

Last edited:

Once they fill all the spots, they will send out an email notifying you of either rejection or waitlist. I think this usually goes out in May

Called again and they said they were delayed a week for second round! So next week we will hopefully see what happens! :)

Anyone know of any letters going out yesterday or today?
Just interviewed with UTSD and was hoping to come home to an email from UTHSC-SA.
Just wondering if I should still be looking this week or if some went out in the past few days. That way I won't be looking in my email box praying this week, while I could be concentrating on my studies.
Thanks.

how was your interview experience?
UTHSC-SA was great interview session. The only thing interviewers have in front of them is your essays. They mostly ask you to elaborate on your essays. I was asked a couple of question but they were the basic...name a weakness type questions.
Go confident because there is nothing to stress about.

UTHSC-SA is running a little behind this year as they were opening their new clinic. I know for a fact that an interview invitation went out two weeks ago so there is still hope for an interview with them.

I got an invitation on the 7th for this upcoming Monday on the 25th. I believe this is the last interview date and normally schools let you know at least a week ahead of time so I don't think any more invites will be sent out.

i hope they don't keep us waiting till May to give an answer. my second deposit is due in march :unsure:

Acceptance#6
School: UTHSCSA
Notification date: 1/29/16
Method of notification: E-mail@ 12:00am
Residency:Tx
Interview Date: 11/16/15
GPA (science, overall) 3.69, 3.72
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 18/19/19/21/QR12

advance...well, I didn't receive an email :( but from your sig your going to Baylor. So that's one spot open :whistle:

Reactions: 3 users
Is that it for the second round of acceptances? :(

Is that it for the second round of acceptances? :(

I don't think it was a round of acceptances, but San Antonio emailed maybe one or two individual.

This happened last year, so don't sweat it until end of February.

A friend and I both got acceptances today as well. Both OOS

Reactions: 2 users
second round is not in yet... San Antonio class is only about 47-55 students with about 8 in limbo to Baylor and Houston. This ... waiting .. keeps me up at night :pirate:

second round is not in yet... San Antonio class is only about 47-55 students with about 8 in limbo to Baylor and Houston. This ... waiting .. keeps me up at night :pirate:

How do you know?

its a rough estimate , i'm purely speculative. San Antonio offers either 100 -120 seats on Dec 1. from the top students pool. Safe to say that about half or 2/3 will choose Baylor or Houston. Every year the math has worked itself out this way according to some of the admission committee members. However, with that brand new clinic SA might have swings a few more this year but I think it still comes down with geography. If your family & friend lives in the metroplex area your more then likely to choose Baylor rather resettle in San Antonio. If your from the Houston area then UT it is. The cost about the same for the most part with Baylor supposedly the cheapest, but rent in SA is probably lower. Also with the facebook #, Baylor has the most members, followed by Houston & San Antonio w the lowest. SA has about 50 members with 70 D1 & D2 to round out at 120, but let's not forget not all have facebook. Let me know what you think? I'm just passing time ..

Last friday was actually the second round of acceptances. I recently had a dental school tour at UTHSCSA and Dr. Balderas (on the admission board) told us that the second round was going out last week. Also, he told us that this cycle there were a lot more people that took up the acceptance to UTHSCSA than previous years so we can expect much less spots than usual according to him. :'c

Last friday was actually the second round of acceptances. I recently had a dental school tour at UTHSCSA and Dr. Balderas (on the admission board) told us that the second round was going out last week. Also, he told us that this cycle there were a lot more people that took up the acceptance to UTHSCSA than previous years so we can expect much less spots than usual according to him. :'c
RIP...

They will send out more acceptances in March and April. The alternative list will be out in May. Keep your chin high, dude! I understand where you are coming from. This is my second time applying, and even though I interviewed with some Texas schools last year and this year.. I haven't gotten an acceptance to any Texas schools yet. It will be nice to receive an acceptance there, but I am more than happy to know I am at least be going somewhere.

Message me if you need anything.

Didn't menation how many seats left? Silver lining about people taking up more seats here is that the 2 other schools will have more seats still open.

Didn't menation how many seats left? Silver lining about people taking up more seats here is that the 2 other schools will have more seats still open.
All he told us was that usually there is a 50% response to the first round but this cycle there was around a 60-75% response. And from what I heard, Baylor usually fills up most of there class on the first round but I am unsure how correct that is. I also heard that Houston this cycle has been filling up there class very slowly and have only sent out around 30-40 acceptances for the first round.

uthscsa still hovering around 60% filled

its just a guess , ... should be around 70%-75% now . Second round deadline is the 12 or around there I believe.

my friend who is a D1 said they're about 2/3 full but there about 8 that have multiple acceptances. He got accepted in April 2015 so it aint over just yet.

my friend who is a D1 said they're about 2/3 full but there about 8 that have multiple acceptances. He got accepted in April 2015 so it aint over just yet.
Thanks for keeping the dream alive <3

Could have sworn that adcoms don't find out who has multiple deposits down till April or may..... Can't remember exact month..

Could have sworn that adcoms don't find out who has multiple deposits down till April or may..... Can't remember exact month..

I know that's when they actually send a notification to the schools. I also know my advisor can see everyone that's put down a deposit at a dental school on AADSAS who has attended my school so it's possible the schools do have access to some info like that. Just some healthy speculating though

I know that's when they actually send a notification to the schools. I also know my advisor can see everyone that's put down a deposit at a dental school on AADSAS who has attended my school so it's possible the schools do have access to some info like that. Just some healthy speculating though
Even if they can see who has deposited where, I don't see how or why this would be of any use in admissions decisions. A student accepted to a single school has no choice but to put down the deposit at that school until they hear from their other choices.

Hey guys, do you think SA & Houston will be sending out any more interviews or is that it for this cycle?

Hey guys, do you think SA & Houston will be sending out any more interviews or is that it for this cycle?
Unfortunately, from what I've gathered, they are done interviewing.

They're are done interviewing in January

They sent out some more acceptances today at midnight. My wife got one, has until the 11th to respond.

They sent out some more acceptances today at midnight. My wife got one, has until the 11th to respond.
Congrats to your spouse! May I ask when she interviewed? I interviewed on 1/25 and am still waiting for that acceptance

Congrats to your spouse! May I ask when she interviewed? I interviewed on 1/25 and am still waiting for that acceptance
Not a problem, she interviewed October 12th. I hope you hear good news soon!