*** The Official UTHSC/Tennessee Acceptance/Interview Thread of 2020 ***

FindingAJess

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied just last night and I couldn't wait to stalk this thread for the next eight months of my life. :]

Feel free to post questions and any application updates here!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I'm an incoming D1 this year. If anyone has questions about the application or admissions process, feel free to ask me! I was in your shoes this time last year, and I know how daunting this process is... but trust me, it's all worth it in the end. You're applying to a great school! Good luck!

Reactions: 4 users
I'm apply as well! I'm an OOS from Georgia!

Goodluck Everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied here too! Good luck to all of you :)

I got an email from them this morning acknowledging my application!

Reactions: 2 users
Congratulations! It's starting :]

I haven't got mine yet, but I'm going to be refreshing for it all day/this week.

2nd batch and haven't received squat from them.

I've received update on AADSAS but no emails and I was in first batch.

Last edited:
I'm in the same situation. My applications went out second batch, 07/02, and I haven't received an email OR an update for the AADSAS portal.

I know it is early in the application process so I'm trying not to worry, but shouldnt AADSAS at least say that the application was received?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in the same situation. My applications went out second batch, 07/02, and I haven't received an email OR an update for the AADSAS portal.

I know it is early in the application process so I'm trying not to worry, but shouldnt AADSAS at least say that the application was received?

Yeah, it shows up on my "schools decision" page on my portal as "received/under review" on 7-13 for me. I was also in the 2nd batch. Maybe give AADSAS or the school a call to see what's going on.

Yeah, it shows up on my "schools decision" page on my portal as "received/under review" on 7-13 for me. I was also in the 2nd batch. Maybe give AADSAS or the school a call to see what's going on.

Update that everyone may find interesting: I called admissions and asked to make sure they had received my application and Jenny told me that AADSAS has been having technical issues this year that have been going on for a few weeks. They SHOULD be fixed this week, but she has been holding off on updating the system until it gets fixed. She spoke about it like the technical issue was the portals weren't updating correctly between the schools and students, but I'm not 100% sure or even 70% sure on that is what the technical issue is. But, she said she would be sending out "applications received" emails hopefully this week once everything is fixed to me and others.

Basically, she said they're a little behind this year because of the AADSAS technical issues going on. Hope restored!

Update that everyone may find interesting: I called admissions and asked to make sure they had received my application and Jenny told me that AADSAS has been having technical issues this year that have been going on for a few weeks. They SHOULD be fixed this week, but she has been holding off on updating the system until it gets fixed. She spoke about it like the technical issue was the portals weren't updating correctly between the schools and students, but I'm not 100% sure or even 70% sure on that is what the technical issue is. But, she said she would be sending out "applications received" emails hopefully this week once everything is fixed to me and others.

Basically, she said they're a little behind this year because of the AADSAS technical issues going on. Hope restored!

Oh wow. Yeah, it seems like they are not on top of it this year (I.e. Mobile site not working, second batch mailing not showing up). But hopefully it all gets resolved soon!

Thanks for letting me know :)

I received my email stating my application has been received! So much relief!

However.. I wanted to know: Has anyone else had an email like this?

"We don't want to sound rude, but due to the sheer volume of applications (1318 last year), the Office of Admissions feels the need to remind each applicant of the following:

1. We anticipate interviewing applicants through the month of February 2016."

I received my email stating my application has been received! So much relief!

However.. I wanted to know: Has anyone else had an email like this?

"We don't want to sound rude, but due to the sheer volume of applications (1318 last year), the Office of Admissions feels the need to remind each applicant of the following:

1. We anticipate interviewing applicants through the month of February 2016."

Yup. That's the same one I got!

Yup. That's the same one I got!

Okay.. Phew! This one seemed a lot more intense than other emails I've gotten and this one is my #1 school (I'm an in state student living in Memphis already. Plus, a HUGE vols fan among some of the lesser reasons, haha)

Received an interview invite yesterday!

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you! I'm IS, I got the impression from the past couple of UTHSC interview/acceptance threads that OOS interviews are a bit later in the cycle.

Thank you! I'm IS, I got the impression from the past couple of UTHSC interview/acceptance threads that OOS interviews are a bit later in the cycle.

Oh okay. Cool. Thanks for letting me know! Good luck on your interview :)

Received an interview invite yesterday!

Congratulations! I'm in state too, so I'm counting the hours to every new day so I can just check my email over and over again. Haha

Don't worry ToodleTooth - I think you're going to get your interview!

Congratulations! I'm in state too, so I'm counting the hours to every new day so I can just check my email over and over again. Haha

Don't worry ToodleTooth - I think you're going to get your interview!

Aww thanks FindingAJess! I sure hope so :) I'm sure you are going to get one too ;)

I received an interview for this Friday. Which according to a girl in her D2 year already there this is the first round of interviews so I'm hoping it's a good sign to be this early!

I received an interview for this Friday. Which according to a girl in her D2 year already there this is the first round of interviews so I'm hoping it's a good sign to be this early!
Wow, 2 days from now?! When did you receive the invite, doesn't give you much time to get a suit, hotel, and prepare mentally.

Wow, 2 days from now?! When did you receive the invite, doesn't give you much time to get a suit, hotel, and prepare mentally.

I got my interview invite Monday afternoon. I already had a suit, they give you a list of several hotels near the school, and as far as mental preparation, I'm a pretty outgoing person. And again the girl I know sort of coached me through the interview process. From what I understand it's one of the more laid back interviews. Hers was two 1-on-1 sessions. One with faculty and one with a current student. So it's basically more like chatting with a friend versus a group interview where you have several people asking questions and sitting back and listening. Then again any interview is as bad as you make it. Don't start freaking out or rambling off subject and you should be good.

ITS LIKE CHRISTMAS; INTERVIEW #1

In-State
AADSAS Mail-Out: July 2nd
Notified of Interview: July 30th via Email
Interview Date: August 14th
AA 19 TS 19 PAT 17 RC 20 BIO 19 GC 18 OC 21 QR 15 <--- Hope for people in my shoes

Not sure if I'm leaving out any other "important" info....too excited to type.

OOS interview invite received today.

Congratulations, everyone!

I'm going to be over here calming my nerves somehow. It's like Christmas Eve not knowing if you got the present you wanted or not.

I got my interview invite Monday afternoon. I already had a suit, they give you a list of several hotels near the school, and as far as mental preparation, I'm a pretty outgoing person. And again the girl I know sort of coached me through the interview process. From what I understand it's one of the more laid back interviews. Hers was two 1-on-1 sessions. One with faculty and one with a current student. So it's basically more like chatting with a friend versus a group interview where you have several people asking questions and sitting back and listening. Then again any interview is as bad as you make it. Don't start freaking out or rambling off subject and you should be good.

I lied about the interview. Sorry guys this is a group interview but it's very relaxed.

Got an interview email friday, IS

I'm a third time applicant at this school. Just decided to apply again, fingers crossed. I got waitlisted the second time I applied but did not get pulled from the waiting list. Hopefully they see how bad I want it this time around

I'm a third time applicant at this school. Just decided to apply again, fingers crossed. I got waitlisted the second time I applied but did not get pulled from the waiting list. Hopefully they see how bad I want it this time around

I'm a third time applicant too! I took my DAT again this May for the second time and made a 20, so I'm hoping this is what they need from me. I'm super worried about my LORs, but hey, there's always something to be paranoid about. I'm sure we'll both meet at our interviews. :]

I'm a third time applicant too! I took my DAT again this May for the second time and made a 20, so I'm hoping this is what they need from me. I'm super worried about my LORs, but hey, there's always something to be paranoid about. I'm sure we'll both meet at our interviews. :]

I have a 19AA and 19 PAT. They told me everything on my app was good except my science GPA was soft. I interviewed there the first time I applied so I won't have to interview again.

I have a 19AA and 19 PAT. They told me everything on my app was good except my science GPA was soft. I interviewed there the first time I applied so I won't have to interview again.
If you don't mind telling me, what is your GPA? and are you OOS? I was also told that my GPA is soft.

If you don't mind telling me, what is your GPA? and are you OOS? I was also told that my GPA is soft.

Science GPA is 3.03 and overall GPA is 3.43. I am OOS....I was put on the OOS waiting list last year but found out last week that I did not get pulled from it when classes started.

Interview! OOS!
Notified 8/5/15
Interview 8/21/15
21AA/22TS/16QR
3.5 sci, 3.49 overall -- this includes my current Master's GPA

I'm starting a Master's Program in a week so hopefully it will help me out a little.

ITS LIKE CHRISTMAS; INTERVIEW #1

In-State
AADSAS Mail-Out: July 2nd
Notified of Interview: July 30th via Email
Interview Date: August 14th
AA 19 TS 19 PAT 17 RC 20 BIO 19 GC 18 OC 21 QR 15 <--- Hope for people in my shoes

Not sure if I'm leaving out any other "important" info....too excited to type.

What is your GPA if you don't mind sharing?

Has anyone had an interview already, and if so would you mind sharing the experience (mainly concerned about the actual interview itself)...

Has anyone had an interview already, and if so would you mind sharing the experience (mainly concerned about the actual interview itself)...

It's the most laid back interview ever. Some formal questions but basically they ask you to tell them about yourself and most question stem from what you to tell them then.

When you interviewing, do you have multiple interviews with different faculties? You guys mentioned that is a group interview. is it when a faculty interviews group of students at the same time? Please help.

When you interviewing, do you have multiple interviews with different faculties? You guys mentioned that is a group interview. is it when a faculty interviews group of students at the same time? Please help.
The interview is three faculty members interviewing you for ~15 minutes.

Got an interview invite last week :) Any advice from those that already interviewed on what to expect?