*** The Official UTHSC/Tennessee Acceptance/Interview Thread of 2020 ***

I got my call at 11:00 and I'm from Arkansas.

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't get a call. Anyone know when they make the wait list? It's weird I didn't get anything they should at least let us know we're not accepted and what the possible outcomes are (wait list, rejected etc)
If I remember correctly from our interview Q&A, Dr. Covington might have said they don't put the waitlist together until after New Year's when the deposit deadline passes and some slots open up.

I just got the call at 3:00 P.M. Eastern standard time. ACCEPTED!! Out of State

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't get a call. Anyone know when they make the wait list? It's weird I didn't get anything they should at least let us know we're not accepted and what the possible outcomes are (wait list, rejected etc)
I haven't either yet, I've been trying to search SDN to find something about how Memphis deals with the waitlist but can't find anything.

For those of you that were discussing it earlier- There are roughly 25 OOS spots that are for non-Arkansas applicants, I asked during my interview. roughly 30ish ( I don't remember the exact number) go to Arkansas residents. Dr. Covington mentioned that they never fill all spots by Dec 1 but maybe this year will be different. I'm OOS and still waiting for a call.

About the wait list- the website says Dec-Jan but Dr. Covington said most likely around January since they have to wait for Dec 1 acceptances to reply/sent out another round of acceptances in Jan.

Reactions: 1 user
During my visit Dr. Covington said that there are 98 spots:
47 Spots for In-State
23 Spots for Arkansas Residents (These spots will be given Arkansas funding to cover the difference in cost between OOS and In-state)
28 Spots for OOS (this includes Arkansas)

He also said that they give a 30 day period after December 1 where they won't contact any of the applicants who were accepted to give them a chance to accept or decline their offer. After the 30 days, they will contact these applicants for their final answer. Some applicants will decline the offer and admissions will then start contacting other applicants to fill these spots. They'll be making a lot of acceptance calls all the way up until the first day of classes, so there's always hope!

During my visit Dr. Covington said that there are 98 spots:
47 Spots for In-State
23 Spots for Arkansas Residents (These spots will be given Arkansas funding to cover the difference in cost between OOS and In-state)
28 Spots for OOS (this includes Arkansas)

He also said that they give a 30 day period after December 1 where they won't contact any of the applicants who were accepted to give them a chance to accept or decline their offer. After the 30 days, they will contact these applicants for their final answer. Some applicants will decline the offer and admissions will then start contacting other applicants to fill these spots. They'll be making a lot of acceptance calls all the way up until the first day of classes, so there's always hope!

This is super helpful, thank you! And congrats on your acceptance:claps:

AADSAS portal changed from "Invited for Interview" to "Received/Application Complete". Assuming that means alternate/waitlisted?

AADSAS portal changed from "Invited for Interview" to "Received/Application Complete". Assuming that means alternate/waitlisted?
Yeah mind also changed. I guess we'll find out in January...

Mine also says "Received/Application Complete" and the date was yesterday, but I haven't been interviewed yet so I'm not sure why it was changed

Reactions: 2 users
Mine also says "Received/Application Complete" and the date was yesterday, but I haven't been interviewed yet so I'm not sure why it was changed
Same. Not 100% sure what it said before haha

I was interviewed in August. Before mine said, "Invited for Interview" then now it says "Recieved/Application complete" date 12/01.
See but if @411predent hasn't been interviewed does this mean waitlisted? I thought you had to be interviewed to be on the waitlist?
Ugh this wait is unreal :(

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I was interviewed in August. Before mine said, "Recieved/Under Review" Then now it says "Recieved/Application complete" date 12/01.
See but if @411predent hasn't been interviewed does this mean waitlisted? I thought you had to be interviewed to be on the waitlist?
Ugh this wait is unreal :(
Mine probably said Under Review, then they changed it to Complete yesterday, so maybe they just update everyone's AADSAS at the same time. I'm surprised they updated the portals of people who haven't even interviewed yet. It seems like they would be focusing on acceptances/wait lists/etc. for people who have already interviewed. They've finished interviewing right?

I don't think it means anything just wait until they let us know, probably not until January. There is no wait-list yet and you can't be wait listed if you haven't interviewed (unless you interviewed in the last cycle)

Accepted yesterday!!
Oos - California

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

"Dr. Covington made it clear that you're still in the running if you haven't gotten a rejection, but he also seemed to convey that everyone who didn't get an interview by now would receive a rejection on Dec 1st. He seemed sincerely bummed about the huge number of applicants in general and the huge number of qualified students to whom he'd be sending rejections."

Could you clarify what you meant by this? Does this mean there are no post Dec 1 interviews this year (aka the people who haven't interviewed by now are about to all get rejected) or you were the last interview batch before Dec 1st and there are interviews post Jan? I find that super intriguing because most schools still interview past Jan..

Same here! I'm so confused I thought they were done with interviews but maybe not?!

They said they are done interviewing they added a bunch of extra dates in november they don't even usually do that.

They said they are done interviewing they added a bunch of extra dates in november they don't even usually do that.
this is good news for people who interviewed and unfortunate for those who didnt get to, thank you for the clarification!

My husband and I were called yesterday around 10:00 and both accepted! Mississippi residents

Reactions: 7 users
"Dr. Covington made it clear that you're still in the running if you haven't gotten a rejection, but he also seemed to convey that everyone who didn't get an interview by now would receive a rejection on Dec 1st. He seemed sincerely bummed about the huge number of applicants in general and the huge number of qualified students to whom he'd be sending rejections."

Could you clarify what you meant by this? Does this mean there are no post Dec 1 interviews this year (aka the people who haven't interviewed by now are about to all get rejected) or you were the last interview batch before Dec 1st and there are interviews post Jan? I find that super intriguing because most schools still interview past Jan..
My impression was that there were no post December interviews period (which surprised me). But if you have not gotten an interview and have not been rejected, that would seem to indicate that a rejection is imminent or that I was mistaken.

Has anyone who didn't get accepted on Dec 1 (after interview) get any news at all? Or just silence.

Haven't heard a thing. Figured we would at least get a waitlist/alternate/reject email by now.

Yeah it's kind of weird, I also tried emailing them (at the end of the day on Dec 1) and got no response :(

I didn't hear anything either. I'd would think they would email us soon to tell us we're waitlisted but I don't know? Or they just wait and call in January once spots are open. The website is vague. Dr.Covington said not to call or email to ask about the waitlist or where you are on it.

So I just went back and looked at the Class of 2019 Thread and some received emails that they were waitlisted on 12/03. Has anyone received an alternate list email yet? This is so nerve racking.

So I just went back and looked at the Class of 2019 Thread and some received emails that they were waitlisted on 12/03. Has anyone received an alternate list email yet? This is so nerve racking.
Aaaahhh that's scary I hope i'm at least waitlisted and not just straight up rejected :(

There were 3 instate during my interview and 5 out of state.

I'm in state, interviewed in August as well. Crickets since then....

For the ones who are accepted, have you received an email after the phone call?

For the ones who are accepted, have you received an email after the phone call?
No, during the phone call he indicated that the mail packet would come first followed later on by the email---a week or so later I think.

Hey everybody, current D1 here, congrats to all who have made it in so far! As for others experiencing what I like to call "limbo", please hold out hope! Your AADSAS should switch to say "waitlisted" if you are waitlisted, and they should be emailing/calling if you were rejected (though from what I hear, Dr. Covington hates calling with bad news) with the appropriate label on AADSAS as well. I was waitlisted so that's how I know. I found out in February that I was accepted and I believe the latest a person was accepted just in our class was ~July 14 (2 weeks before the semester started). I also asked to join y'all's Facebook group (since I'm rarely on here anymore) and will be happy to provide any information. I also recommend inviting Amanda Rudolph to the group as she works with Dr. C and can help clear up any and all questions as well!
I'm excited to meet all of you already accepted and wish the best of luck to those still waiting to get in!

-Logan R.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey everybody, current D1 here, congrats to all who have made it in so far! As for others experiencing what I like to call "limbo", please hold out hope! Your AADSAS should switch to say "waitlisted" if you are waitlisted, and they should be emailing/calling if you were rejected (though from what I hear, Dr. Covington hates calling with bad news) with the appropriate label on AADSAS as well. I was waitlisted so that's how I know. I found out in February that I was accepted and I believe the latest a person was accepted just in our class was ~July 14 (2 weeks before the semester started). I also asked to join y'all's Facebook group (since I'm rarely on here anymore) and will be happy to provide any information. I also recommend inviting Amanda Rudolph to the group as she works with Dr. C and can help clear up any and all questions as well!
I'm excited to meet all of you already accepted and wish the best of luck to those still waiting to get in!

-Logan R.
Do you know how soon after December 1 the wait list was formed?

Do you know how soon after December 1 the wait list was formed?

It was around 2 weeks after December 1 when I checked AADSAS and found I was on the waitlist.

Did anyone receive that email yet? do they wait to receive the letter of intent back in the mail before sending the email out? Additionally does this deposit drop my application from AADSAS?

thank you

- Accepted December 1st from FL

Did anyone receive that email yet? do they wait to receive the letter of intent back in the mail before sending the email out? Additionally does this deposit drop my application from AADSAS?

thank you

- Accepted December 1st from FL

I have not received the email (though I didn't necessarily expect it by now), and now I'm beginning to think that the ambiguous line in the letter "within a week within receipt of this letter" meant them receiving the letter of intent back from us.

perhaps you're right but as I recall Dr. C. seemed to say on the phone it would arrive independently of the letter. Maybe I don't remember correctly lol