*** The Official UTHSC/Tennessee Acceptance/Interview Thread of 2020 ***

perhaps you're right but as I recall Dr. C. seemed to say on the phone it would arrive independently of the letter. Maybe I don't remember correctly lol
Yeah that was my impression... it's just that now I don't remember precisely the words he used.

As long as the train doesn't pull out of the station without us...

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
can people who got accepted post their statistics

I got accepted December 1st.

Interview date: October 5th
Application mailed out like August 15th
TN applicant

AA: 21 PA:18 no section below 17
GPA: 3.68

I'm currently completing a two year stent with Teach for America. So I'll be 25 when I start. Worked 3 jobs in college. Had my own swim lesson company. Got a biology degree and was in the honors college.

Started shadowing this year, had about 50 hours.

Graduated from an instate school

This was my first time applying after applying to medical school for two years.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know when they send out the second round of acceptances? For some reason I was thinking early this month?

Does anyone know when they send out the second round of acceptances? For some reason I was thinking early this month?
I know they just got back from holiday break yesterday so I'm guessing within the next two weeks..

Some news, any news would be nice for those of us who didn't get a call on Dec 1. Has anyone heard anything at all?

Has anyone who didn't get a call Dec. 1st heard anything at all? Or possibly know when we can expect to hear if we are wait listed or rejected? All my status did was change from invited for interview to received/application complete on Dec. 1st and been silent ever since.

Has anyone who didn't get a call Dec. 1st heard anything at all? Or possibly know when we can expect to hear if we are wait listed or rejected? All my status did was change from invited for interview to received/application complete on Dec. 1st and been silent ever since.
Same :(

FYI-Waitlist emails were sent today.
Does anyone know if there was a second round of acceptances sent before the alternate list was made? Or are they pulling from the waitlist for second round acceptances at this point, I'm starting to think they filled their spots from first round or something.

FYI-Waitlist emails were sent today.
Does anyone know if there was a second round of acceptances sent before the alternate list was made? Or are they pulling from the waitlist for second round acceptances at this point, I'm starting to think they filled their spots from first round or something.
@dentpleaseletme I got the email too! I think they filled their spots from first round as well and they just pull from the waitlist for second round acceptances...

Members don't see this ad :)
Who did you contact to withdraw your application?

Dunno. It didn't leave a good impression on me. The only correspondence I've had has misspelled my name and had poor grammar.

For those who applied and were accepted, did you take histology or can it be substituted for another class? And how many credit hours did you take for micro?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

For those who applied and were accepted, did you take histology or can it be substituted for another class? And how many credit hours did you take for micro?

The ADEA guide, as I recall, makes it seem like you need histo, micro, and comparative anatomy. As per the UT website, you only need to choose one of those classes. (I took 4 hours of micro, but you only need 3. I also took comparative.)

https://www.uthsc.edu/dentistry/admissions/DDS/genpolicy.php#admission-requirements

Has anyone been accepted off the waitlist yet or know if it is moving?

Has anyone been accepted off the waitlist yet or know if it is moving?

I was waitlisted on 02/15/2016! When I spoke to Amanda, she said that they were looking at (paraphrasing) "organizing the wait list this week or next." I'm assuming this has to do with competitiveness of each individual or maybe even something to do with IS and OOS. I'm not sure about much of the process, so don't put too much stock in what I say, but that's what I was told.

Edit: If anyone DOES have any news about their waitlist or acceptance experience, I would also love to hear about it.

I was waitlisted on 02/15/2016! When I spoke to Amanda, she said that they were looking at (paraphrasing) "organizing the wait list this week or next." I'm assuming this has to do with competitiveness of each individual or maybe even something to do with IS and OOS. I'm not sure about much of the process, so don't put too much stock in what I say, but that's what I was told.

Edit: If anyone DOES have any news about their waitlist or acceptance experience, I would also love to hear about it.
When was your interview?

I was waitlisted as well. The way I understand it is that as an IS applicant drops, an IS applicant from the waitlist is taken (same process for OOS). If it is any consolation, I will probably be declining my acceptance at UT, if one is given, as I have mentally committed to Louisville, and was awarded the HPSP, so cost is not an issue for me. I wish all of you on the waitlist the best of luck and may the odds be ever in your favor!

I was waitlisted as well. The way I understand it is that as an IS applicant drops, an IS applicant from the waitlist is taken (same process for OOS). If it is any consolation, I will probably be declining my acceptance at UT, if one is given, as I have mentally committed to Louisville, and was awarded the HPSP, so cost is not an issue for me. I wish all of you on the waitlist the best of luck and may the odds be ever in your favor!
I have some qs about the hpsp. When do you apply for it and what's the difference between the army, navy, and Air Force

Congratulations! you should definitely let UT know you're dropping their waitlist so that they can consider someone who would actually accept the waitlist spot!

Hi! I was waitlisted in Jan and called in a little and they just kind of told me to hang tight as they wait for people to make their decision. I didn't realize that they were still giving out waitlist spots in Feb so that's great news because it means maybe people are starting to drop? Interesting that Amanda said that, I assumed they already had an order or something. IS and OOS already have separate lists for their respective spots so maybe she was referring to the ranking in those lists.

Just got a phone call from Amanda about an hour ago! They offered me a spot off the Wait List! I'm in state. There's a ton of other information I should probably include.. But, my brain cells are no longer functioning. Hope they kick in before July! So insanely shocked and humbled! And so. Many. People. To. Thank. Now.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got a phone call from Amanda about an hour ago! They offered me a spot off the Wait List! I'm in state. There's a ton of other information I should probably include.. But, my brain cells are no longer functioning. Hope they kick in before July! So insanely shocked and humbled! And so. Many. People. To. Thank. Now.
congratulations!! please when you get a chance I'm sure people would love to know the extra info you can offer.

congratulations!! please when you get a chance I'm sure people would love to know the extra info you can offer.

What would you like to know? :] I can tell you about how I studied for the DAT, what my application packet contained (as far as volunteer hours, shadowing, etc.), about my interview, or anything else that you may want to know! I don't mind at all.

@FindingAJess Congratulations!!! That gives me a little bit of hope; I'm instate(interviewed in July/got waitlisted in December). I really hope this IS waitlists keeps moving...

Just got off the waitlist and accepted!!!For those waitlisted, have hope, I got the call in the middle of applying to a front office desk job for planning my gap year lol! Thank you for the support via SDN :):heckyeah:

Reactions: 1 users
Just got off the waitlist and accepted!!!For those waitlisted, have hope, I got the call in the middle of applying to a front office desk job for planning my gap year lol! Thank you for the support via SDN :):heckyeah:
Instate or OOS?

Can you share your stats please? Where did you attend undergrad?

Has anyone from the OOS waitlist been accepted yet?

Accepted from the OOS waitlist last Thursday. For anyone else on the waitlist, have hope!

Accepted from the OOS waitlist last Thursday. For anyone else on the waitlist, have hope!

Congratulations!! Welcome to the Class of 2020! Make sure to join the Facebook group so that everyone can get to know you - myself included!

yes I think the list is definitely moving! I was accepted as an OOS candidate as well last week and it seems like others were as well! have hope guys!

Has anyone heard anything more about movement in regards to people that are on the instate waitlist? Starting to loose hope for this year and planning on reapplying for the third time.

Has anyone heard anything more about movement in regards to people that are on the instate waitlist? Starting to loose hope for this year and planning on reapplying for the third time.
Don't worry. The list is ALWAYS moving, I got accepted from the instate waitlist in March. I spoke with a D4 and he had mentioned about people getting accepted a week before classes started. But just to be safe when aadsas opens up in June, start your application and all, at least I think you would have to do that, not sure, I'd call Amanda and ask. There's still hope!!