****The Official VCU class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Hi there. do you know how long we may have to wait to find out the interview? None of my pre-dent friends applied for VCU except me. So just wanna have more connections to applicants who also have a hit on this school. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Just called to schedule my interview date. I scheduled it for Nov. 12 (which was the earliest she had) and asked how many more interviews they had before December. She said this was the last interview period before the notification date in December.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, anyone have their interview tomorrow?! (Nov. 5th) Getting pretty excited/nervous, any last minute advice from those who've already interviewed?

Hello, is it possible that this thread has had no activity in 25 days?

How do we get this checked out?

Last edited:
Anyone who already interviewed see changes on aadsas? Some of my other schools have changed to "Please check back Dec 2" , but nothing from VCU!

Anyone who already interviewed see changes on aadsas? Some of my other schools have changed to "Please check back Dec 2" , but nothing from VCU!
Mine just says Invite for interview. I don't think vcu changes.

mine hasn't changed either, which I think unfortunately means I wont hear a decision from VCU on Dec 2nd. Come to think about it, it makes sense that they have to already enter a decision into AADSAS by now if they want to notify you early on Dec 2. They can't just wait until Dec 2 morning to start entering their decision, that would take forever. I wish there are more people that have interviewed at VCU reported their statuses now. Seems like this year, there aren't that many active SDNer s in the VCU thead.

Mine just says Invite for interview. I don't think vcu changes.
I think VCU made changes, we are not among the ones who got notified of acceptance on Dec 2. Please come back here on Monday to let us know your status.

I think VCU made changes, we are not among the ones who got notified of acceptance on Dec 2. Please come back here on Monday to let us know your status.
we wont be sure until monday comes so lets keep our hopes up!

Since no one posted any status changes, I'm going to stay positive!

My status hasn't changed for VCU either and I interviewed back in October, in addition none of the schools I interviewed at changed. There is still hope! Praying for everyone tomorrow

Members don't see this ad :)
My status has also not changed from "invite for interview." Let's all stay positive y'all! :) good luck tomorrow!

I am quite happy hearing no one else has the status change for VCU, this gives me some hope! I have been pretty sad hearing other ppl have their statuses changed and i saw no change on mine. From a search on the forum, last year, those that got accepted to VCU had early status chane to "please check back..." so I thought it would be the same this year and i am not just among those who got accepted early

I am quite happy hearing no one else has the status change for VCU, this gives me some hope! I have been pretty sad hearing other ppl have their statuses changed and i saw no change on mine. From a search on the forum, last year, those that got accepted to VCU had early status chane to "please check back..." so I thought it would be the same this year and i am not just among those who got accepted early
We will figure out soon enough. Lets hope we all get in and make our parents proud of us!

Reactions: 1 user
Just got an acceptance email!!!!! I am beyond excited! Got the email at 1:04am Eastern time. I'm a reapplicant and a NC resident.

Got accepted through email at 1:06am!!!! I am an instate. Check your email, good luck guys!

Last edited:
IS acceptance, email at 1:03AM. Congratulations to all!! :)

IS acceptance as well! My first one :) Yayyy!

with your stat, of course you are accepted Wazian. I still remembered you from the DAT breakdown I read back in the summer when I was studying for mine, especially when I noticed you are also from VA. Is VCU your top choice? Are you going to go there?

OOS acceptance here. I liked the school a lot and I am very happy to have this option.

Accepted to VCU Class of 2018---will deffinitely be in Richmond in the FALL!!! I cant wait to meet everyone:) PS if you interviewed with me on 10/15 & got in I would love to hear about it....poppin champs

Last edited:
with your stat, of course you are accepted Wazian. I still remembered you from the DAT breakdown I read back in the summer when I was studying for mine, especially when I noticed you are also from VA. Is VCU your top choice? Are you going to go there?

Thanks!! Not sure yet- I kind of want to get out of VA, but when I get all my offers I'm going to have to sit down and add up all the numbers and figure out how much I'm willing to spend for school.

In state - accepted this morning. Received an email and portal update

Are you guys responding to their acceptance email? Like telling them your decision, or what?

No, just make your decision now if u have multiple acceptances and then send in the deposit later. Sending the deposit is your respond. No need to amswer the email

My portal changed in the morning, i got the email last night. I think you will get an official letter later in the mail? I will message our the email, it's pretty standard though, congrats blah blah, send in your deposits

So the rest of us who interviewed and didn't get in will have to wait till Feb 1 to hear back I think.

My friend who also interviewed at VCU said that Dr. Gotlieb told them that 50% of students will be selected in december and the other 50% after december. Idk how true this is but it gives me some hope since I also didnt hear back today.

My friend who also interviewed at VCU said that Dr. Gotlieb told them that 50% of students will be selected in december and the other 50% after december. Idk how true this is but it gives me some hope since I also didnt hear back today.
I hope this is true because VCU is among my top choice.

Just out of curiosity did anyone that interview in mid november get an acceptance today?

The way my interviewer described it was that applicants are sorted and broken up into 3 or 4 "blocks" based on how competitive their application is. The first block/set gets looked at first and offers are made. Any remainders leftover from that set are moved down into the second 'block' of applicants, where they now are more competitive. And then another wave of offers are made. So on and so forth until the class is filled

So is it safe to assume that no more acceptances will be sent from VCU to those who didn't receive emails today?

So is it safe to assume that no more acceptances will be sent from VCU to those who didn't receive emails today?
its rolling admissions we will hear back again on February but after that I think our chances will be very slim.

its rolling admissions we will hear back again on February but after that I think our chances will be very slim.
Ugh! That's the problem, Rutgers requires $1500 for deposit before Jan 6 so I would prefer to know about VCU before that. :(

Ugh! That's the problem, Rutgers requires $1500 for deposit before Jan 6 so I would prefer to know about VCU before that. :(
Mine is LECOM which is $2000 for me. But think about yourself for four years in school that you really want to go. I think $1500 is a little investment for happier future.

When I interviewed Dr. G said the same thing to us, suggesting it would be rude to interview people if there was not spots available-I agree! In addition, she suggested that if someone was placed on the waitlist in December they would have a very good shot of being accepted. Hope this helps. In addition, I talked to someone from my college and they were in a similar situation. He suggested to me that in addition to doing an update with aadsas that VCU likes to see some initiative and that a personal letter is smiled upon. Now I can't promise anything but it may be something to consider.

just got an interview invite today for next week. So excited!

is VCU done sending OOS interview invites?
Thanks.