****The Official VCU class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Congrats everyone! Does anyone know when the next batch of acceptances will go out?

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats everyone! Does anyone know when the next batch of acceptances will go out?

I inquired this morning. Ms. Tweedy stated it would be mid/late February. One can only wait and hope. Good luck all.

is it ok to call for any inquiry about admission and next acceptance batche ?

Members don't see this ad :)
hopefully will hear back from VCU soon /
I had my interview in Jan 13th , In state .

Just to let you all know, the first deposit deadline for those who just got accepted last Friday is 2/15. So it makes sense that the next batch of acceptances would be shortly after that! Good luck everyone :)

I also got an acceptance from VCU on Friday evening:) Less than two weeks from my interview.

Good luck to all.

Thank you for letting us know about the deadline .
BeDent2017 and jss7fa congrats :).
can you all share your score and state ?
I hope to hear back from VCU soon .

Accepted!! :) can't even describe the feeling of achieving something I've sacrificed so much for. For those wondering, here are my stats:
- Re-applicant
- DAT: TS/PAT/English/Math/AA - 21/19/18/19/20
- Science GPA: 3.9

got accepted last Friday but will not attend. I'm from OOS. GL!

Interviewed in November, still haven't heard anything! GL everyone!

Hey guys, any of you know if VCU still fives out interview now, and last till when? I heard someone had interview there even in March last year, since they have a new Dean, will that be the same this year then? i have't been invited for interview yet, do really hope they will call my name soon!

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed last year in late March. They had interviews in the weeks before me. D5 wasn't extended for another month after that. They will let you know a few weeks after the interview if you are accepted as true student OR if you are in one of the 10 spots left for D5. They don't tell you where you rank on the D5 list. They make the final offers to the late interviewees and when its all said and done they end up with say 6 spots left in the class. They reserve spots in the overall class for D5 kids. So if the class is 90 and 84 regular spots get filled then 6 spots will then open up for D5.

They then call the D5 list kids in a row as they are ranked on their internal ranking sheet and they tell you to be prepared to tell them if you will accept the D5 spot right there when they call you. If you dont say yes they move onto the next person. Usually 7-8 student on the 10 person D5 list make it in every year.

BUT there is a new Dean this year so who knows!
What is D5?

I am assuming you are talking about D 0.5 program:

Taken from the VCU website: http://www.dentistry.vcu.edu/programs/dds/faqs/

What is the D.5 program?

The D.5 program was initiated approximately 20 years ago for students who had made an application to dental school, but were not successful in gaining admission. Some of these applicants showed great potential toward being a dentist. However, certain factors, such as lower GPA, weaker DAT scores, many years without taking college courses and other factors, negated them from being a viable candidate. This program was created to have these applicants take certain selected science courses from the freshman curriculum to have them prove their ability to succeed in professional school courses. Four science courses – Mammalian Physiology, Neuroanatomy, Microscopic Anatomy and Infection and Immunology – were selected. The strict requirement for success is a mandatory minimum grade of B in each course. If this is achieved, the prospective student would have a greater potential of being accepted into the following year’s freshman class and they would also be exempt from these four courses. However, if a grade of lower than B was achieved in any of these courses, they would not be considered for entrance into the new freshman class. The students selected for the D.5 program usually have strong science backgrounds, excellent interpersonal skills and dental experiences.

The director of admissions and the admissions committee select a very limited number of D.5 candidates from the pool of interviewed applicants.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received an interview invite! Scheduled for Feb 17. She said this was the only available date right now.

Reactions: 1 users
I just received an interview invite! Scheduled for Feb 17. She said this was the only available date right now.
Hi Shiba1234, congrats!!!!! i didn't received the interview yet from VCU, but do really want to! did they say they are sending out more invitations recently during these days? how did they notify you for the invitation? would you mind share your data? thanks!

Last edited:
Thanks! I'm not sure if they are sending out more invites. I got an email for the interview invite. My app was complete 12/09. GPA was low at 3.0 but did a masters and got 3.6. OOS.

Hey guys, any of you received an interview invitation today? also any of you possibly know if they are sending out more invitations recently? Thanks!

Hello everyone, Do you guys know if VCU will send another batch of acceptance anytime soon ? it seems like they are still sending out interviews but Mostly OOS .

Hello everyone, Do you guys know if VCU will send another batch of acceptance anytime soon ? it seems like they are still sending out interviews but Mostly OOS .
Hi khashayar, just wondering, how did you know they are still sending out interviews? I'm OOS, and I haven't been invited yet (really do hope so). Thanks!!!!

Hi khashayar, just wondering, how did you know they are still sending out interviews? I'm OOS, and I haven't been invited yet (really do hope so). Thanks!!!!
Hey Cheesesmile , I am not sure but It seems like they are trying to fill OOS students first .
I am instate and had my interview in JAN 13th.
GPA: science 3.7
overal GPA 3.3
DAT: AA/TS/PAT/ : 21/22/20
let me know about your stat and really do hope to hear back from MCV

I just received an interview invite. Feb 24. OOS. I wanna go here so bad.

Interview invite received earlier this afternoon. Scheduled for Feb 24. OOS

Applied way back in July.
GPA: 3.69
DAT: 23 AA/23TS/20PAT

I just received an interview invite. Feb 24. OOS. I wanna go here so bad.

What are your stats like? Looks like this might be the last interview date and I'm really hoping for an invite. I'm OOS as well.

Interview invite received earlier this afternoon. Scheduled for Feb 24. OOS

Applied way back in July.
GPA: 3.69
DAT: 23 AA/23TS/20PAT

Jelly

Hmmm . . . It's a great school but pretty pricey for OOS. I think you have a much sweeter deal already. In fact I'm kind of jelly that because of my personal situation I couldn't consider umich. Something they didn't tell us at VCU?

Hmmm . . . It's a great school but pretty pricey for OOS. I think you have a much sweeter deal already. In fact I'm kind of jelly that because of my personal situation I couldn't consider umich. Something they didn't tell us at VCU?

Have no clue how the dollars would shake out against umich. I just wanted a shot at the title.

And it's difficult to put a price on being close to home.

And it's difficult to put a price on being close to home.

Exactly why UMich didn't work out for me.

Based on what you told me the diff between UB and UMich was i can tell you that VCU will run you at least 50-60k more than UMich. But I understand the title thing especially now that my "it's not you it's us" emails are rolling in (5 and counting).

Third acceptance batch should be coming out this week. If you get in let us know !

Still waiting and hoping to hear back from MCV.
my status is " invited for interview" and I didn't hear back from MCV on Feb 1st and no updates.
does that mean wait listed , rejected or do I still need to wait for an update?

Anybody know when the 3rd batch of acceptances is going out? Word on the street is that the admissions committee isn't meeting until March 3rd, but I'd like to know if anyone else has heard anything. I've been accepted to Tufts, and already put down the deposit, but VCU is my first choice! So keeping my fingers crossed!

Has anyone received a scholarship from VCU and propositioned for more money? I'm scared that i'll seem greedy ><
I was offered admissions scholarship yesterday. I didn't ask for it ;)

Anybody know when the 3rd batch of acceptances is going out? Word on the street is that the admissions committee isn't meeting until March 3rd, but I'd like to know if anyone else has heard anything. I've been accepted to Tufts, and already put down the deposit, but VCU is my first choice! So keeping my fingers crossed!

Third acceptance batch should be coming out this week. If you get in let us know !

I got an acceptance via e-mail Monday around noon

Any new acceptances from VCU? Anyone know when the next batch will be sent out? I figured close to the first of March.

Any new acceptances from VCU? Anyone know when the next batch will be sent out? I figured close to the first of March.
Dr. Gottlieb said another batch of acceptances will be sent out this Monday afternoon.

Reactions: 2 users
I think the school will close tomorrow due to the snow storm... But we will see!!! :)

I will open up one spot tomorrow. Great school, but OOS tuition a bit too much even with admissions scholarship. I wish they let you switch to IS after first year like some other state schools.

Well, VCU is closed today due to the snowstorm. It would be great to hear back today but I guess we all might have to wait another day!

I called earlier today and they (Ms. Tweedy) stated that there would be another round being sent out "sometime this week". I also asked about when rejections would be sent out and she stated that they typically don't "really reject anyone until the end of the cycle"..... Thus I guess that the waiting will continue?

I called earlier today and they (Ms. Tweedy) stated that there would be another round being sent out "sometime this week". I also asked about when rejections would be sent out and she stated that they typically don't "really reject anyone until the end of the cycle"..... Thus I guess that the waiting will continue?
I called this morning too and got the same answer. what is your stat and when did you have your interview ? My interview was on Jan 13th.

Accepted!!!!! Received an email this afternoon. Interviewed 2/24. GPA: 3.69
DAT: 23 AA/ 23 TS/ 20 PAT

accepted! also received an email and interviewed in feb. anyone else going? i am most likely gonna attend! any fb groups up? good luck everyone!!

Accepted with a scholarship, I may withdraw...

Last edited: