****The Official VCU Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi guys! I made a Facebook page for the Class of 2020. I am currently a D.5 student and wanted to help connect all of us. Congratulations to those that have accepted an offer from VCU!! Can't wait to meet everyone in August!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/572003642965420/

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If I was not mistaken today at the interview they stated that they will grant out acceptances mid February?

Congratulations for the students who got accepted already :) :)
Do you guys already know where to live in Richmond? I've heard of three places where Dental students usually live but I don't remember exactly where... Is there a a safe place within walking distance to the school? Any idea of rent prices?

Last year they interviewed Feb 2 if I'm not mistaken.
I believe the last official interview date was January 8th, but Dr. Gottleib made it sound like they might add another if necessary. There were far less interview dates than last year since they changed the interview day format.

Congratulations for the students who got accepted already :) :)
Do you guys already know where to live in Richmond? I've heard of three places where Dental students usually live but I don't remember exactly where... Is there a a safe place within walking distance to the school? Any idea of rent prices?
Same question over here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe the 3 places are Shockoe Bottom, the fan, and East End maybe? I just remember those names from my interview day.

Yeah the Fan is a little far from school, I think a bit past the undergraduate campus (not entirely sure) Shockoe Bottom is right there and even Jackson Ward is close. Regardless, I think transportation with the VCU Campus connector or even the city GRTC system is reliable enough.

I think Cold Storage in Shockoe Bottom is what some students told me to look at?

Members don't see this ad :)
cotoncub is correct The Fan is farther than the undergrad campus although it is nice. It isn't a bad drive down Cary St. and up 9th st though. For anyone planning on commuting, search Larrick Student Center, the parking garage is right next to it.

Shockoe Bottom, Church Hill and East End are in the same general area from some places you could walk. Manchester (across the 9th st. Bridge) has some nice new place but you would have to drive.

I currently live near the Siegal Center (basketball arena) on the undergraduate campus and can get to Larrick driving in 5 minutes and biking in 15.
I know a lot of people do take the Campus Connector but it can take up 30ish minutes from one campus to the other especially when it gets busy.

Rent varies too much to give you a specific range. I have friends that pay as low as 400-450 plus utilities, internet and cable for an unfurnished place. I pay 720 with everything included and furnished.

I interviewed early this cycle and got accepted to VCU and other schools. I'm undecided and was trying to call admission but they didn't answer. This is the number I'm calling (804) 828-9196 - Admissions. Called last week and this week

Thanks,
cotoncub is correct The Fan is farther than the undergrad campus although it is nice. It isn't a bad drive down Cary St. and up 9th st though. For anyone planning on commuting, search Larrick Student Center, the parking garage is right next to it.

Shockoe Bottom, Church Hill and East End are in the same general area from some places you could walk. Manchester (across the 9th st. Bridge) has some nice new place but you would have to drive.

I currently live near the Siegal Center (basketball arena) on the undergraduate campus and can get to Larrick driving in 5 minutes and biking in 15.
I know a lot of people do take the Campus Connector but it can take up 30ish minutes from one campus to the other especially when it gets busy.

Rent varies too much to give you a specific range. I have friends that pay as low as 400-450 plus utilities, internet and cable for an unfurnished place. I pay 720 with everything included and furnished.
thanks!! Much appreciated :)

Have you had a chance to take a look at the new practice facility? The pictures looked awesome!

Have you had a chance to take a look at the new practice facility? The pictures looked awesome!

I haven't gotten to go in but a friend of mine does a program with the men's team and said it is amazing

Do they inform students of scholarships with their acceptance letters?

Class of 2019 student here. Most scholarships are decided later on after you start school (I know of a couple classmates though, who i guess were considered highly desirable candidates, who were given or negotiated scholarships while admissions or notifications were still going on). Re: housing, Cold Storage which someone mentioned is a good place 'cos it's a short walk to campus (I live there), and right near it are other apt complexes that I've also heard good things about.

Richmond is a really cool city; I have lived a lot of places and I think it's one of my favorites. welcome to the crew!

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone who interviewed January 8th heard anything since then? I'm assuming we should start hearing something within the next week or so.

Same here. I'm hoping we hear this week though!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Heard through someone on the committee that Feb 15 is the actual date they'll have it all done

I just asked to clarify - they thought Friday or the weekend they would be meeting so in theory we'd know on the 15th. They mentioned that they didn't think we'd get emails on the weekend but, I mean, I got my interview invite on xmas eve so I don't think they are beyond emailing outside of regular business....

No idea.. Maybe one of the students who got accepted Dec 1st can let us know..

No idea.. Maybe one of the students who got accepted Dec 1st can let us know..

I was accepted on Dec. 1 and to this point I have not heard anything as far as scholarships go. I imagine they will wait until the class is fully filled before making those decisions.

I was accepted on Dec. 1 and to this point I have not heard anything as far as scholarships go. I imagine they will wait until the class is fully filled before making those decisions.
Thank you and Congratulations on your acceptance..

that awkward moment when you find a missed call number from an 804-xxxxxxx (Richmond) and your heart stops for a minute... :(

that awkward moment when you find a missed call number from an 804-xxxxxxx (Richmond) and your heart stops for a minute... :(
happened to me last week, wrong number. such a letdown

Is VCU finished with interviews?

Accepted to VCU.

Reactions: 2 users
Email. January 11th I think.

edit: January 8th.

Last edited:
Is VCU finished with interviews?
I don't think they have any more "official" interview days, but I heard that they might conduct some more interviews if the class still isn't full after the next round of acceptances which are supposed to be coming out any time now.

I have a feeling they didn't send them out lastnight...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
No idea :( let's stay hopeful
I interviewed on the 8th as well. This is nerve wrecking! I hope they just didn't finish going through every single interviewee or they will tell us real soon!

For those who got in, when is the deposit deadline? I really really want to go to VCU loved the school!

The deposit deadline is the 28th of February. $800 deposit.

Got acceptance email 11:25 last night. Turning it down. Good luck guys

Edit- interviewed Jan 8th, OOS