The Official VCU Dental Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Interviewed early Feb, just got an e-mail that I've been put on the alternate list...! Hope the list moves fast so I can get an acceptance soon...staying optimistic :)
I interviewed early February also and I got waitlisted today.:) Cautiously optimistic .;) I love VCU so much!:biglove:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Waitlisted early this morning. I interviewed late January.

Reactions: 1 user
Rejected via AADSAS today. Insane how they leave me in the dark for 6 months then reject me without the courtesy of an email. Apparently a 21 on the DAT doesn't mean much these days and putting 500 hours of assisting in their Ortho department didn't seem to mean much. Your loss VCU, I hope now I get accepted to NYU!

Members don't see this ad :)
^ Same. Rejected without interview, or any sort of correspondence since I submitted my app in June. 22 DAT and 3.9 GPA. I was blessed enough to get accepted at the 4 schools I interviewed at, but still a little salty about getting no love from my number one choice and state school. :shrug:

Reactions: 1 users
Got D.5 this morning. Interviewed early February.

Rejected via my AADSAS portal. Unprofessional that they don't even bother to send an email, or any type of correspondence for that matter ever since I submitted my app in June.

Rejected via my AADSAS portal. Unprofessional that they don't even bother to send an email, or any type of correspondence for that matter ever since I submitted my app in June.
Same here! So lame!

Waitlisted yesterday and ACCEPTED TODAY!!!!!! SOOO EXCITED! There still is hope for all of you who are still waiting to hear back!

Reactions: 3 users
Waitlisted yesterday and ACCEPTED TODAY!!!!!! SOOO EXCITED! There still is hope for all of you who are still waiting to hear back!

This is so amazing and exciting! Congratulations! I am hoping more are sent soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 2/24 (GPA:3.58, DAT 19) received d.5 acceptance yesterday and will be attending. Look forward to meeting you all!

Interviewed 2/24 (GPA:3.58, DAT 19) received d.5 acceptance yesterday and will be attending. Look forward to meeting you all!

What is D5 and does the committee just grant you admission into that program, you don't apply?

Rejected via AADSAS... no email or any communication **** this school

Hey guys. Do we have a facebook group for VCU SoD class of 2019?

Are they sending all rejections this week do we think?

I was accepted via email today and I will be attending! Best of luck to those still waiting and I can't wait to meet the incoming class! :highfive::biglove::soexcited:

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted :) so grateful and happy. Congrats to everyone.

What is D5 and does the committee just grant you admission into that program, you don't apply?

You can't apply for d5 to quote Dr. Gottlieb "d5 is for students they want to make sure can cut it academically but they really want them in their school". You take half the classes a D1 student takes so you are able to do very well without being overwhelmed. This it takes you an extra year to complete dental school (but I believe you have the option to catch back up if you perform well). If you get a C in any of your first year classes you are not allowed to continue however.

Just checked AADSAS for the first time in forever. Rejected - no interview, no email.

You can't apply for d5 to quote Dr. Gottlieb "d5 is for students they want to make sure can cut it academically but they really want them in their school". You take half the classes a D1 student takes so you are able to do very well without being overwhelmed. This it takes you an extra year to complete dental school (but I believe you have the option to catch back up if you perform well). If you get a C in any of your first year classes you are not allowed to continue however.

DentalSkool has it right. I forgot what classes they took last semester, but this semester D.5 take two classes (histology and physiology). You have to maintain a B in the courses you take in the fall and spring. The classes you take D.5 year transfer over when you're a D1 so you don't have to retake them, meaning your D1 courseload would lighter as well. In previous years, you had to reapply via AADSAS and redo the whole application process again but I was told they changed it this year. As long as you maintain a B, you're guaranteed a spot in the incoming D1 class. It might be an extra year, but if your heart is set on VCU, it's a good opportunity. You do have a lot of free time so you could pick up a job if you wanted.

Congrats to everyone that has been accepted!!! Does anyone know how many people are on the alternate list and what are the chances of getting off?

Congrats to everyone that has been accepted!!! Does anyone know how many people are on the alternate list and what are the chances of getting off?
I am not sure I was put on the list this past Monday 3/16 and I got accepted 3/19 :)
I think you have a good shot of being accepted if you are on the list

hey sssssssLA (i hope i put the right amount of s's)!

Keep your hopes up, you have a very good shot!! ;)
and stay away from SDN :nono: lols

I am SO looking forward to July 28th!! YAAAYY!

Only one issue: I HATE MAROON. I look splotchy in red of any kind. NO ONE - I mean NO ONE -- LOOKS GOOD IN MAROON. (If you think you do, you are mistaken.) What can we do about this? Even traditional old olive drab scrubs would be better!

Yea if they decided to go with a different scrub color for our class I wouldn't be upset.... If not i'll rock the maroon like a champ haha.

Last edited:
I am SO looking forward to July 28th!! YAAAYY!

Only one issue: I HATE MAROON. I look splotchy in red of any kind. NO ONE - I mean NO ONE -- LOOKS GOOD IN MAROON. (If you think you do, you are mistaken.) What can we do about this? Even traditional old olive drab scrubs would be better!

I can't wait either! I'm waiting for May 1st so I can get more info about the curriculum and all the other good stuff!

Reactions: 4 users
As a Hokie, I wouldn't mind wearin maroon! I have plenty of burnt orange shirts to wear under them when it gets cold ;) Lookin forward to meeting all of you guys!!

:soexcited:Just put down my deposit...this is getting too real. Good luck to everyone!

Terrible accident on the high seas: A ship carrying red paint crashed into a ship carrying purple paint.

The sailors were all marooned...

Reactions: 2 users
Rejected via AADSAS today. Insane how they leave me in the dark for 6 months then reject me without the courtesy of an email. Apparently a 21 on the DAT doesn't mean much these days and putting 500 hours of assisting in their Ortho department didn't seem to mean much. Your loss VCU, I hope now I get accepted to NYU!
have you been accepted anywhere else?

Prayers appreciated ;) Waiting to hear back, I was placed on alternate list on March 16th. Hoping to hear back soon especially since deposits were due March 31st!