The Official VCU Dental Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread

I called the admissions last week and they said they hadn't sent out the first batch of interview invitations... that's so odd...

Thanks so much for sharing that!! I'm thinking that maybe the people who said they have interviews had premature AADSAS portal updates or something.

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry guys but we definitely got official e-mails. I don't know what the source of confusion is over at their office, but I've also received a confirmation email with the date and time of my interview after I scheduled. I'm sure with thousands of apps things can get really confusing!

Weirddd. Maybe they're trickling out. I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry guys but we definitely got official e-mails. I don't know what the source of confusion is over at their office, but I've also received a confirmation email with the date and time of my interview after I scheduled. I'm sure with thousands of apps things can get really confusing!

Do you remember when VCU sent you an email saying your application is complete and currently under review?

So my aaddas status says

Application received and have the Official DAT scores, 3 letters of evaluation and ready for Admissions Committee Review.

Does this mean much or is it just saying it for anyone who submitted aadsas?

I e-submitted my app about 3 days ago. And it updated today

I've had the message up for the last 3 weeks. Still have not received an invite. VA applicant.

For those of us sent apps in august, how long are we expected to wait for an interview invite? (If we were to get it)

For those of us sent apps in august, how long are we expected to wait for an interview invite? (If we were to get it)
I got an email about my letters of recommendation being insufficient. Apparently, having only the head of the committee's signature on it is not good enough? Kind of upsets me because I've had it up there for some time. They could have told me nearly a month ago that I needed to scrounge up some more letters. Instead it's now late August and I'm freaking out. This is my state school and was really hoping for this one. Also means they started reviewing my app and now I may get pushed to the back of the line. :(

@Daneosaurus that sucks!! But honestly I wouldn't fret about it too much--just get the letters/whatever you need in asap. They've barely sent out any interviews at this point (I'm dying to hear from them since it's my state school too.. I'm trying to keep myself calm haha). And maybe contact your other schools to see if they're okay with your committee letter, to prevent any future problems.

I contacted other schools. Clearly is not a prob for Midwestern, as I have an interview. Other schools were fine. Maryland said they check that at the time of review.

I finished my DAT August 7th!

I received the "Application Complete" email on August 26th.

I received the Interview Invite email on August 29th at 3AM.

I go to VCU for undergrad so I can answer any and all questions about the Richmond area! We have amazing restaurants here, haha! #mindalwaysonthefood

Also I scheduled my interview for September 30!

Members don't see this ad :)
I contacted other schools. Clearly is not a prob for Midwestern, as I have an interview. Other schools were fine. Maryland said they check that at the time of review.

that sucks brotha. Not exactly the same, I am in a similar boat, because I took 1 semester at a community college. I put down all the courses I took there on AADSAS, and also sent the transcript from there.

I just got an email from AADSAS saying that they UN-submitted my application because they saw "VA community college credits" on my 4 year institution transcript.

Obvisouly, those credits are from that community college, but I guess noone over there has a brain to cross check it with the transcript they got. Anyhow, now I have to wait till they reopen after Labor day holiday.

It sucks to be pushed to the back of the line, but oh well. Life goes on...

I go to VCU for undergrad so I can answer any and all questions about the Richmond area! We have amazing restaurants here, haha! #mindalwaysonthefood

congrats on the invite, mind if I ask what your stats look like?

What restaurants? I've been a few times to Richmond and haven't found anything worth trying yet and I'm open to anywhere so refer me please!

VCU invitation!! I'm so relieved!

My info:
VA resident, first batch
24 AA, 3.64 ogpa 3.52 sci gpa

Reactions: 1 user
What restaurants? I've been a few times to Richmond and haven't found anything worth trying yet and I'm open to anywhere so refer me please!

If you like sushi, try out sushi king :D all you can eat sushi for $17.99 dinner.

what are everyone's scheduled interview dates? mine's 9/16!

Another group of interviews have come and gone, and I still have not yet received an interview invite from VCU.
Do any of you think that this due to the fact that I got a 16 QR on the DAT? My AA is 20 and I have a 3.7 GPA with a 3.6 BCP.

Another group of interviews have come and gone, and I still have not yet received an interview invite from VCU.
Do any of you think that this due to the fact that I got a 16 QR on the DAT? My AA is 20 and I have a 3.7 GPA with a 3.6 BCP.

my friend got a 19 AA with a 16 on GC and he is a D1 at VCU (OOS)

i really want an interview here!!

I second Sushi King for sure! It's all made to order fresh sushi and amazing appetizers, all unlimited. Last week I asked them for a sushi boat and they gave me a huge wooden boat the size of my table decked out w/ flowers and decorations for no extra charge.
Millie's or Lady N'awlins for brunch!! Mekong for asian noms and voted best beers in the nation. Pearl for happy hour or seafood! Shyndigz for the most incredible desserts (it's all they do). I have a lot more on my instagram if you want to see pics of the food you can PM me for my username.

I really love to eat :oops:

Omg I just checked my AADSAS app to find out that I was invited to interview here. It'll be my interview #7. However, i haven't received an invite via email from them. Isn't this odd?

Omg I just checked my AADSAS app to find out that I was invited to interview here. It'll be my interview #7. However, i haven't received an invite via email from them. Isn't this odd?

7 interviews... I must be doing something wrong lol...

Reactions: 2 users

Try ginger and Thai diner too.

Ginger has the best fried rice and pad thai
and thai diner too has the best spicy noodle soup and their friend rice and pad thais are also great.

If you like thai food, richmond is heaven!

So, if the AADSAS app was submitted on 9/1, what would be range of dates that I might receive the interview dates?
Any chance for pre-december interview?

Ginger Thai is great, so is Mom's Siam! Both in Carytown, a really beautiful area at night.

What are your Stats if you don't mind me asking

We literally have the same stats and I am on the same boat . Still waiting. Are you in state?

we have the same stats! still waiting to hear. Are you in state?

Just wondering, for the VCU Supplemental are people uploading a passport photo (just face, no smiling) or a more typical suited up headshot (smiling)?

Thanks!

Im thinking about applying here. I did last cycle and got rejected but they were very nice and told me: "Should you consider reapplying, we will extend every consideration to your application."

Im already applying to 15 schools, should I apply here again, is it worth it? Its not too late?

Last edited:
Just wondering, for the VCU Supplemental are people uploading a passport photo (just face, no smiling) or a more typical suited up headshot (smiling)?

Thanks!

In my other sups that needed a photo I sent one with just a head shot, you could see a little of the upper edges of the collar on my white button-up. For my facial expression I have a little smirk, just a happy look. You want to avoid a blank/neutral face and an overly expressive (or fake) face as well.

Since VCU is a public institution, it gives preference to in-state applicants right?

Is it possible to get an interview invite without a supplemental? Because I got the invite and no supplemental as for yet!

Is it possible to get an interview invite without a supplemental? Because I got the invite and no supplemental as for yet!

If you have scheduled the interview you'll get a confirmation email that says they'll send you a supp two weeks before the interview date.

If you have scheduled the interview you'll get a confirmation email that says they'll send you a supp two weeks before the interview date.
Thanks, that makes sense. No, I have not scheduled the interview yet!

Are there essays on the supplemental? I haven't gotten around to filling it out yet...

I'm curious if anyone is aware of the school's (declared or unofficial) allegiance to applicants from particular regions within the state. I may be totally wrong here, but I recall reading a post from like 2007 that discussed this. Just wondering because I (and I'm sure some others here as well) am from Northern Va... Hopefully that's not case!!