The Official VCU Dental Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Ok so I received yesterday my secondary - deadline is today. Can I assume that it can be submitted today any time or it has to be before the school closes. I've been calling and all i get is an answer machine.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Ok so I received yesterday my secondary - deadline is today. Can I assume that it can be submitted today any time or it has to be before the school closes. I've been calling and all i get is an answer machine.

No idea, but I'm jealous :(

Reactions: 1 user

Same exact thing happened to me. I just got all my stuff and submitted today. The secondary only requires you to upload those 4 documents basically. && then other small bits of information. I think as long as you upload those documents by the end of today you're good to go.

Members don't see this ad :)
Same exact thing happened to me. I just got all my stuff and submitted today. The secondary only requires you to upload those 4 documents basically. && then other small bits of information. I think as long as you upload those documents by the end of today you're good to go.
Thanks for letting me know, but i got to speak with someone in admissions and she told me that she might forgot to change the date - that we have 1 week to submit the secondary :)

that reminds us again that ADCOMS are human too!!!

Thanks for letting me know, but i got to speak with someone in admissions and she told me that she might forgot to change the date - that we have 1 week to submit the secondary :)

what's needed for the secondaries? anything significant?

No news? Anyone? I am dying to get an invite from vcu.

I feel so ambivalent about detroit and florida, even though i am very grateful and relieved by those invites.

No news? Anyone? I am dying to get an invite from vcu.

I feel so ambivalent about detroit and florida, even though i am very grateful and relieved by those invites.

According to last year's thread, people starting seeing aadsas status changes around Oct. 20, but then the thread goes dark until December. There's not much activity on 2017's thread after early October either. So it's tough to figure out their schedule from previous years.

I'm nervous too. Admissions has said that a post-Dec acceptance for in-state students is rare given that the majority of in-state students accepted pre-Dec choose to attend. =/

According to last year's thread, people starting seeing aadsas status changes around Oct. 20, but then the thread goes dark until December. There's not much activity on 2017's thread after early October either. So it's tough to figure out their schedule from previous years.

I'm nervous too. Admissions has said that a post-Dec acceptance for in-state students is rare given that the majority of in-state students accepted pre-Dec choose to attend. =/

no!!!!!!!!! don't say that!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is anyone interviewing with me on Oct/ 20??

no!!!!!!!!! don't say that!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel ya.

I feel ya :( Does anybody have a clue by what date I (or anyone else still "under review") should really start to get nervous about not getting a pre-december interview??

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel ya.

I feel ya :( Does anybody have a clue by what date I (or anyone else still "under review") should really start to get nervous about not getting a pre-december interview??

I think we are on the borderline or close to it. I read from last year's thread and pre-dec interviews stopped coming in around 10/20 and post December interview invites started coming in 12/3-12/5.

Interview was good. Really nice ppl here! It was the best tour I've had so far of the dental facilities. The Dean of Admissions is really nice and sweat. Clinics have Halloween decoration all over the place which makes it look like you are not in a dental clinic,,,,.Clinics are nice and the whole place felt homie. I can see myself attending this school....but let's see what happens on Dec 1st! :hello:

Last edited:
for all of in-state people, there is still hope. I got an interview invitation today!

Reactions: 3 users
I hope I am one of those people :\. I am starting to lose faith in any interview potential. It's not like my stats are bad either...

for all of in-state people, there is still hope. I got an interview invitation today!

Congrats! I have a couple of questions........
When was your application listed as complete with VCU? I'm trying to figure out if they've looked at mine yet........
Also, what dates were available to you for interviews??

Congrats! I have a couple of questions........
When was your application listed as complete with VCU? I'm trying to figure out if they've looked at mine yet........
Also, what dates were available to you for interviews??
on 7/22 and the second week of November

Stargirl have you called the admissions and asked them about the status of your application at all while you were waiting for an interview? I did it twice so far, most recently 1 month ago. I'm thinking about calling them tomorrow and asking :(.

on 7/22 and the second week of November

Oh....that makes me feel better! My application wasn't complete until the first of September, so I'm hoping they just haven't seen it yet! I'm starting to sweat it. I got a 22 AA/22 TS on the DAT and I have a 3.8 GPA, and I've been a hygienist for 7 years.......I hope they send me an invite soon! I can't stand to wait much longer and I really want to interview before December!! I had an interview with Louisville already......the suspense is KILLING me!!

Stargirl have you called the admissions and asked them about the status of your application at all while you were waiting for an interview? I did it twice so far, most recently 1 month ago. I'm thinking about calling them tomorrow and asking :(.
No, I did not! I didn't know we could do that!

Both times that I have called the admissions, they just pretty much restate what is on my AADSAS comments. They don't hint anything about your chances or if your app has been reviewed at all yet. I'm just getting desperate. Every day that goes by means less of a chance of a pre-dec interview to my dream school.

Does anybody know if that's frowned upon? Liked? Neutral? I want to check now lol.

probably not really liked unless you are calling to check for missing items in the app or something that they can give you answer to.
Their [adcom's] attitude is "We will let you know if we need something from you or if you are good enough to get an invite"

They finally received the two LORs I was missing. Still pissed about it.

I got an interview invite today!

oh dayum! pretty late, but congrats. IS or OOS? what are your stats?
I am really waiting for an invite too.

I know a few people who submitted early who already went to interviews and I am getting very anxious.......

They finally received the two LORs I was missing. Still pissed about it.

I know what it feels like. If I didn't have to wait for my LORs, I would have everything ready by early June.

I emailed VCU admissions office and they said they are still inviting more people for interviews, so we have hope...

Reactions: 1 users
oh dayum! pretty late, but congrats. IS or OOS? what are your stats?
I am really waiting for an invite too.

I know a few people who submitted early who already went to interviews and I am getting very anxious.......
Yea i finally submitted 8/1 so it wasn't super early! And I am OOS!
GPA: 3.96
AA: 20

Those of you OOS who have already interviewed..what hotel did you stay at? Did they have a shuttle service from and to the airport and the dental school??

Those of you OOS who have already interviewed..what hotel did you stay at? Did they have a shuttle service from and to the airport and the dental school??
Cabs are really expensive- $35 from airport to hotel close to school ( holiday inn) so I walked to my interview to save money since it was cold as hell and u font sweat as much. If u can rent a car do it!

I just got an interview invite. As of 10/26, only Nov 3 and 11 were available to schedule, just to let y'all know.

Reactions: 2 users
I just got an interview invite. As of 10/26, only Nov 3 and 11 were available to schedule, just to let y'all know.

Congrats!! Can I ask what your stats were? and what your status said on ADEA?

Seconded, this is my state school and I'm dying to hear back from them.

I graduated this past spring with a 3.87o and 3.77s and I got a 21 AA and 21 PAT. I'm currently OOS but I did grow up for most my life in Virginia which may have something to do with getting an interview.

Best of luck to y'all!

Congrats So exciting! Do you mind me asking when your application was listed as complete with VCU?

I graduated this past spring with a 3.87o and 3.77s and I got a 21 AA and 21 PAT. I'm currently OOS but I did grow up for most my life in Virginia which may have something to do with getting an interview.

Best of luck to y'all!

My application was complete around the end of August/early September.

nice hope they have some seats left for me as well.
Your stats are very competitive, it's not surprising that you got one!

My application was complete around the end of August/early September.

Thanks! Mine was complete beginning of September....I hope I get that email soon! All this waiting it driving me crazy!

Reactions: 1 users
Really wanted a pre-December interview...But starting to loose hope now :unsure:

Really wanted a pre-December interview...But starting to loose hope now :unsure:

I sent an email to them earlier this week to see if there are any pre-December slots still available. I'll let you know if I hear anything!