The Official VCU Dental Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread

I sent an email to them earlier this week to see if there are any pre-December slots still available. I'll let you know if I hear anything!

I did the same about 1.5 weeks ago. They said they are still sending pre-dec out.
But I didn't get one :(

Members don't see this ad.

I did the same about 1.5 weeks ago. They said they are still sending pre-dec out.
But I didn't get one :(

The most confusing thing is that I don't think they are following a pattern which makes it so much more nerve-racking

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an interview invite just a few minutes ago! The day listed is for Nov. 18th, no other dates were given in the e-mail. My application was completed on Sept. 10th.

Reactions: 4 users
I received an interview invite just a few minutes ago! The day listed is for Nov. 18th, no other dates were given in the e-mail. My application was completed on Sept. 10th.

Congratulations, the adcom must be pulling an all nighter! did the email state whether you change your interview date or did they not give you any options besides the 18th?

Reactions: 1 user
Ugggh still no word yet for me either. I'm starting to freak out. I'm applying with a GPA of 3.6 and DAT scores with an AA of 18. Thinking maybe my DAT scores should've been higher or I could've been more active with extracurriculars. Do you think I have a chance to get in? Not trying to hijack the thread, just panicking...

There was not any other date listed or any indication that I could change. It just said that "your interview has been scheduled for...." and asked for me to confirm it. At this point it could have been any day or time and I'd have jumped to be there! Hopefully there will be some more invites rolling out soon!

Ugggh still no word yet for me either. I'm starting to freak out. I'm applying with a GPA of 3.6 and DAT scores with an AA of 18. Thinking maybe my DAT scores should've been higher or I could've been more active with extracurriculars. Do you think I have a chance to get in? Not trying to hijack the thread, just panicking...

I don't know lulu72, I haven't heard anything about VCU but I have a friend that was going to apply to UT with an 18 and they told him that it wouldn't be enough and suggested that he wait until next year.

But don't give up hope! There is still time!

Wow that is so awesome! I think that is the last interview date before the first round of acceptances :/

Wow that is so awesome! I think that is the last interview date before the first round of acceptances :/

Hopefully more posts will roll in over the next few days, I had given up hope on getting a pre-Dec. interview. I hope it works out for you guys too!

Wow! Interview invite!
AADSAS Delivery date: 09/12 (but "received/under review" on 08/25)
Date invitation was received: 10/27
Interview date: 11/18
GPAo/s: 3.3/3.8
DAT aa/ts/pat: 21/22/21
In-state

Super excited right now; VCU is my #1 choice by a mile.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
oh man so jealous that more invites are coming in...

Wow! Interview invite!
AADSAS Delivery date: 09/12 (but "received/under review" on 08/25)
Date invitation was received: 10/27
Interview date: 11/18
GPAo/s: 3.3/3.8
DAT aa/ts/pat: 21/22/21
In-state

Super excited right now; VCU is my #1 choice by a mile.

Congratulations! I'll see you there!

Members don't see this ad :)
There was not any other date listed or any indication that I could change. It just said that "your interview has been scheduled for...." and asked for me to confirm it. At this point it could have been any day or time and I'd have jumped to be there! Hopefully there will be some more invites rolling out soon!

I will pray for this to happen.

Just got invited for an interview on November 18th. I live in Richmond and interviewed at VCU Dental last year. (Didn't get accepted obviously). If anyone has any questions about Richmond or wants to grab a drink after the interview, let me know!

We DO have uber now in downtown richmond, so if you need a cab in the area, download the uber app and go with that. It's way cheaper than most cabs.

Reactions: 2 users
Just got invited for an interview on November 18th. I live in Richmond and interviewed at VCU Dental last year. (Didn't get accepted obviously). If anyone has any questions about Richmond or wants to grab a drink after the interview, let me know!

We DO have uber now in downtown richmond, so if you need a cab in the area, download the uber app and go with that. It's way cheaper than most cabs.

Seems like a wave of invitations are being sent out this week. Congratulations, when exactly did you get your invite? Today or yesterday? Still waiting over here for an invite, so if they didn't send all the invites yesterday and are sending them throughout this week, there is still hope.

I wish i knew this before my interview...I'm almost get broke paying for cabs and after the rides the driver still ask me for a tip smh

man, they must really be rolling out final invitations before dec 2..
keeping my fingers and toes crossed.....

I wish i knew this before my interview...I'm almost get broke paying for cabs and after the rides the driver still ask me for a tip smh
yeah man.most cabbies will rip you off easily. especially late on weekends. they'll try to take the round-about way to get you to your destination, so if you're not payin attention, they can easily run the tab up.

Seems like a wave of invitations are being sent out this week. Congratulations, when exactly did you get your invite? Today or yesterday? Still waiting over here for an invite, so if they didn't send all the invites yesterday and are sending them throughout this week, there is still hope.
I got my invitation email on October 27th in the evening.Good luck!

Received an invite today for 11/10! I had the option between three dates: November 3,4, or 10. Looks like there may still be openings!

Reactions: 3 users
Received an invite today for 11/10! I had the option between three dates: November 3,4, or 10. Looks like there may still be openings!

Congrats! What time exactly did you receive the invite today?

There is still hope receiving an invite this week thank god, I am going to be checking my e-mails like nuts tomorrow and Friday.

what are your stats?
my stats are GPA (science, overall): 3.7, 3.78
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/21/28/none. Good luck!
Congrats! What time exactly did you receive the invite today?

There is still hope receiving an invite this week thank god, I am going to be checking my e-mails like nuts tomorrow and Friday.
Thanks! And I got the email at 5:27 ET.

my stats are GPA (science, overall): 3.7, 3.78
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/21/28/none. Good luck!

Thanks! And I got the email at 5:27 ET.

Its a no surprise you got an invite. Whats surprising is that they took this long to invite you.

Anyways, congrats.

Virginia applicants, I was told by someone familiar with the VCU Dental application timeline that out of state applicants are receiving most, if not all, of this week's wave of interview invites and the first week of November, us in-staters/Virginia natives will be getting the next wave of invites. No idea why it is this way, but keep an eye out next week like I will be if you don't hear anything.

Virginia applicants, I was told by someone familiar with the VCU Dental application timeline that out of state applicants are receiving most, if not all, of this week's wave of interview invites and the first week of November, us in-staters/Virginia natives will be getting the next wave of invites. No idea why it is this way, but keep an eye out next week like I will be if you don't hear anything.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Im with the rest of you who are freaking out... Lol i had my app complete since early august with AADSAS mailout 7/25 and im losing hope on this amazing school.

Sci/overall: 3.62/3.60
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/Math): 24/24/23/24/23

Everyone cry with me...

You guys have amazing stats and i'm really confused as to why its taking so long. But i agree with someone above saying OOS is bein sent this week and instate next week. Seems like that is the route they are taking.

Im with the rest of you who are freaking out... Lol i had my app complete since early august with AADSAS mailout 7/25 and im losing hope on this amazing school.

Sci/overall: 3.62/3.60
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/Math): 24/24/23/24/23

Everyone cry with me...

You guys have amazing stats and i'm really confused as to why its taking so long. But i agree with someone above saying OOS is bein sent this week and instate next week. Seems like that is the route they are taking.

dude you have great stats, if not one of the stellar ones. It's hard to believe you weren't invited, but I have a feelin you will get an invite soon if not later!
I am really hoping my interview invite since the person above mentioned they will be rolling out in-state interviews pretty soon.

dude you have great stats, if not one of the stellar ones. It's hard to believe you weren't invited, but I have a feelin you will get an invite soon if not later!
I am really hoping my interview invite since the person above mentioned they will be rolling out in-state interviews pretty soon.

Yeah I'm instate and it kills to see anyone who isn't instate get an interview.

I have an interview here coming up soon! I was wondering if anyone could give me any insight into their interview process or what to expect? What are some of the questions that they ask? And what is the clinical observation part of the day like? Thanks!

I have an interview here coming up soon! I was wondering if anyone could give me any insight into their interview process or what to expect? What are some of the questions that they ask? And what is the clinical observation part of the day like? Thanks!
The interview was great. I can't really tell you what exactly they ask because you will be interviewed by two different faculty and both could be completely different interviews like mine were. Just be happy, talk from the heart and be honest. The clinical observation was really fun as well. They let you cut acrylic teeth on the Dent Sim lab technology. They also let you shadow (not assist) the dental students in the clinic- good thing I wore a pantsuit!

So where's that flood of in-state interviews?

So where's that flood of in-state interviews?

I still haven't heard anything and my other friend here at VCU's undergraduate campus hasn't either. We just gotta keep being patient.

Well something's different this year if it's true that historically their in-state slots are nearly 100% filled on the December 1 acceptance round. That seems highly unlikely at this point.

Well something's different this year if it's true that historically their in-state slots are nearly 100% filled on the December 1 acceptance round. That seems highly unlikely at this point.

Oh dear I hope the IS slots aren't full by december :/

Honestly, I think our chances of a pre-dec interview at this point is over. I guess VCU isn't interested in the solid in-state candidates from SDN.

There goes my dream school :(.

When I interviewed there was only a VA resident, which was a little bit odd.

Does anybody know approximately how many applicants interview? Or how many in state applicants interview?

Hey guys I have been reading these and I wanted to give the people who have not received interview invites some encouragement. I am an instate applicant who interviewed at VCU this past monday. They said when they send acceptances on Dec. 1st, they don't even fill all of the spots so the interviewees next semester have a chance. Plus a lot of the people who are accepted decline the offer, so thats even more seats that are open! People who interview jan-march still have a chance so don't worry!

Hey guys I have been reading these and I wanted to give the people who have not received interview invites some encouragement. I am an instate applicant who interviewed at VCU this past monday. They said when they send acceptances on Dec. 1st, they don't even fill all of the spots so the interviewees next semester have a chance. Plus a lot of the people who are accepted decline the offer, so thats even more seats that are open! People who interview jan-march still have a chance so don't worry!

Absolutely. I worked at VCU SoD this entire summer and talked to rotating D3's towards the end when school started again. I was surprised to find a majority of them were post-December interviewees. I was really hopeful in receiving an invite this past week but it just means we'll have to be a bit more patient.

Absolutely. I worked at VCU SoD this entire summer and talked to rotating D3's towards the end when school started again. I was surprised to find a majority of them were post-December interviewees. I was really hopeful in receiving an invite this past week but it just means we'll have to be a bit more patient.

good to hear that, but it still sucks to not hear from in-state school and have invites from other schools that I didn't really consider going lol

Reactions: 1 users