The Official VCU Dental Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Interview Invite! All hope is not lost :D

Super excited :D

Super belated congratulations!!!! Hope we can both rep VCU undergrad in dental school!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
In the past weeks, I easily narrowed my acceptances to two schools, with VCU (my state school) being one of the two. As the eleventh hour has approached and I have had to make a decision on where I want to be for the next 4 years of dental school, I have painstakingly decided to decline my acceptance at VCU. This will open up a seat, which I hope will go to one of you lovely, deserving people. I wish all of you the best of luck.
@2THDDS, hang in there. I have delightfully read your patient (and sometimes anxious) posts here for months. You are going to do perfectly fine in life, as persistence always pays off. @synthiac, you are going to make the loveliest dentist. Your sweet personality shows through your posts. @jeeproteins, I was really looking forward to the possibility of being classmates with such a nice, smart, and together person as you. I'm certain you will succeed in anything you do. There are too many other ones of you whom I'm not naming individually, who have made me smile and feel connected over the last several months. I sincerely wish you all the best of luck, wherever you are and in whatever you do. VCU is among the best dental schools in the country. My congrats to those who are already accepted and my wishes for a positive outcome and a smooth process to those who are still waiting! :)
A most Happy New Year to each one of you!

Thanks so much for your kind words! I'm sad we lost a fantastic, caring classmate in you but the school you chose is lucky to have you!

Members don't see this ad :)
I need to stay off these forums, this is depressing.

Reactions: 1 users
I need to stay off these forums, this is depressing.

I think i am going through the same 5 phases cancer patients go through. I am currently at phase 2. ANGER!!!

I am gonna be bargaining soon.

Everyone in this group of acceptances got their deposits in?

Under Admissions Process on their website, it says the end of the interview cycle is April 1st. So was February 24th really their last date for interviews?

Under Admissions Process on their website, it says the end of the interview cycle is April 1st. So was February 24th really their last date for interviews?

Dr. Gottleib, their awesome dean, indicated they interview till the end of February, so I think it's safe to say they are all done interviewing for this cycle.

Dr Gottleib, their dean who is so awesome in person on interview day but who still has not replied to my THREE different emails asking substantive questions between my getting accepted and having to put down a deposit.

were you accepted already? i dont understa
Dr Gottleib, their dean who is so awesome in person on interview day but who still has not replied to my THREE different emails asking substantive questions between my getting accepted and having to put down a deposit.
were you accepted?? i dont understand your post

Just waiting for the mass of rejections now I guess. I'll never understand how people with 19 AA's were getting interviews over my stats but ok.

Last edited:
were you accepted already? i dont understa

were you accepted?? i dont understand your post
I was accepted. The email said email her if you have any questions. I did. Then a follow up email came reminding me of the deadline to pay the deposit, also saying to reply if I had any questions. I replied to that one twice with two different questions that came to mind. No reply to any of them.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wish there was another in state school in VA. I wish UofR opened a dental school lol

I was there at the interview on the 24th and Dr. Gottlieb mentioned that there might be another interview but was quite vague about it. They still had 1/3 of the seats open which they hope to fill by first week of April so that was nice to hear. She also informed us that we would get to know if we are accepted or not in 2 weeks.
Hope that helps a little.

Reactions: 2 users
I thought she said we were going to find out next batch end of feb? is that not true

I've heard the same...from multiple schools... that we would hear back mid to late February. Only way to look at, is everything happens for a reason. It's going to be that much more amazing when you get that acceptance having waited longer than the average applicant!

I thought she said we were going to find out next batch end of feb? is that not true
A bunch of us had deposits due this past Wednesday. So I'd bet the next round went/goes out a few days after that.

Just got accepted! Woohoo! Good luck everybody! Took me three application cycles lol

Reactions: 7 users
Just got the email too! VCU School of Dentistry Class of 2019!!

Reactions: 3 users
Got acceptance E-mail today. =D Good luck everyone!

Got an email of acceptance too! VCU HERE I COME! :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

Reactions: 3 users
They told me they would stop interviewing at the end of February. If this is true, why have I not been rejected yet?

So happy to see you all getting accepted! Hoping and praying for some more this month!

Got an email offer on 3/2 , interviewed 2/9 , any other people who interviewed that day get an offer? I will be attending! Congratulations to everyone can't wait to meet my classmates

Last edited:
Uof R is private.
LOL yeah of course, I am so dumb! I think I was just saying that because I am from Richmond, so it would be convenient if RVA had another school so I could stay at home. Like how Tufts and BU are 7 minutes apart

I applied June 1st and my application literally became complete February 12 um.

I interviewed 1/20. I haven't heard anything since :(
I emailed the director today, asking if they were done interviewing (because Dr. Gottlieb told me the interviews were done in Feb and here its march and I haven't been rejected yet).

They said they are still considering a lot of the applicants interviewed in Feb, and if they need to they will extend their interview process in to March. You might have an honest shot at D.5 if you are in-state, willing to take that risk, and express your interest

Submitted my background request application. This is getting real! :wideyed::wow:

Hi Everyone,
I only started reading these about a month ago. I Interviewed at VCU on 2/3 and I fell in love with the school:love::love::love:, thus it is my number one choice! Sadly, I have not heard back either. I called this past Tuesday, and heard they will keep reviewing our applications from now until even May. No news is hard, but at least for me, I think it's better then bad news. Keep hanging in there everyone ;)

There are definitely still seats, I emailed an admissions director and she said they are planning to have them filled April 1st.

Got an email offer on 3/2 , interviewed 2/9 , any other people who interviewed that day get an offer? I will be attending! Congratulations to everyone can't wait to meet my classmates

Interviewed that day ,got accepted and will be attending ! Congratulations!!

Those that received acceptances on 03/02, when is your deposit deadline?

Interviewed early Feb, just got an e-mail that I've been put on the alternate list...! Hope the list moves fast so I can get an acceptance soon...staying optimistic :)

There are definitely still seats, I emailed an admissions director and she said they are planning to have them filled April 1st.

Who exactly did you e-mail? I am trying to get in contact with somebody, see if I can get a shot at interviewing for D.5