***The Official Western Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad I'm OOS. :unsure:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
What do I wearrrrr to preview day?! Business casual ok?
Business casual is totally fine. I visited Western on June and I'd say around half did so. The other half went in t-shirt, shorts, and flip flops which IMO isn't a good look haha

Members don't see this ad :)
D1 here, just wanted to say that one of the best things about this school is that the faculty REALLY cares a lot about the students. I recommend you go to WesternU Preview Day to check it out! Definitely one of the nicest schools I interviewed at since facilities are pretty new! Sim lab is also really nice too compared to other schools with janky labs, lolol.

Hey guys, another D1 checking in here. If you guys are in the area this Saturday I highly recommend you stop by WesternU Preview Day this Saturday! You can get a feel for the school as well as meet some faculty! Trust me it's never too early to try and have your face recognized by faculty. I'll probably be there to help answer questions about D1 too. If you guys still have questions feel free to PM me! Or the other guy dkhong03 (whoever that is).

So are the dentals students really as awesome as this Western University youtube video?

Because as cheesy as it is, it's GREAT.

Reactions: 1 users
So are the dentals students really as awesome as this Western University youtube video?

I'm not sure I'm cool enough to attend this school. That was awesome.

Pretty funny. I like the "distal" part.

You should come to our campus to see a live performance.

Hi guys! I attended Western Preview Day today and the admissions director said that interview invites should be sent out in 7-10 days. :soexcited:

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview invite!
I just received a phone call.
Date set for 10/1.
I am so excited ;):biglove:

Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/15
Application complete date: 6/2
Supplementary app complete date:8/1
GPA (science, overall) 3.57/3.72
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17)
20/20/22/20/none

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats!!! I am confused though, was your application under review as of 6/2 or as of 8/1?
Thanks!
I guess it was since august. I received "sent to committee" email on 8/10.

Interview invite!
I just received a phone call.
Date set for 10/1.
I am so excited ;):biglove:

Application complete date: 6/2
Supplementary app complete date:8/1
GPA (science, overall) 3.57/3.72
20/20/22/20/none
Was that the only date they gave you? I'm hoping they call me soon!

Did your application status change at all on AADSAS or their portal?
I don't think they use AADSAS for status changes, at least I don't see their school on my AADSAS :thinking:

Western does not show up on my AADSAS but I received an "Application Ready for Review" email from them yesterday. Hopefully an invite is coming soon! :)

Whoop! Interview #2! I'm scheduled for October 1. :)

AADSAS mail-out date: 6/24
GPA sGPA: 3.64 oGPA: 3.72
DAT: AA 23 TS 22 PAT 19 RC 25

Reactions: 1 users
Interview invite!
First interview! By Phone Call and email immediately after.
Date set for 10/1.

AADSAS mail-out date: 7/22
Under For Review Email: 8/11
GPA (science, BCP, overall) 4.13/4.11/3.98 (Inc +-)
24/25/21/22/none

Whoop! Interview #2! I'm scheduled for October 1. :)

AADSAS mail-out date: 6/24
GPA sGPA: 3.64 oGPA: 3.72
DAT: AA 23 TS 22 PAT 19 RC 25

Congrats!!

From CA or OOS?

upload_2016-9-1_15-37-20.png

just got the "app is still with admission committee" email, anyone else?

Reactions: 2 users
I'm hoping that this email just means they are done calling for the next few days (long weekend)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Just got the same email. Is this a soft rejection? ):
I just got it as well, also got it my first cycle and never received an interview later. I think its just one of those purgatory emails. Not an interview, not a rejection.

Got the same email. Who knows? I applied and submitted the secondary within the first few weeks of June.

We shall see...

Just got that email as well. Im assuming it will lead to a rejection

It's not a waitlist. My friend applied to Western and was accepted last year. They're just being nice enough to essentially say "hey, don't freak out, you'll get a response soon but they either haven't got around to your app yet or they are still in the process of making a decision"

She got this email around October last year iirc

This is from last years thread regarding the email.

Reactions: 5 users
Here is another quote from last years thread to ease some more nerves.

Just got the call-Interview Oct. 3rd

got the application is still with admissions email Sep 2.

Same email .. hoping to hear more opinions from previous applicants. Unsure if I should feel it's a soft rejection when they've added "your app might not have been reviewed yet" ... it's still a rather cryptic email..

Edit: just saw the above messages .. thanks for the good info!!!

and if you didn't receive this email? means they haven't even seen it?

When did you submit your supplement? I thought everyone that hasn't gotten an interview yet received this email....
I received the "application has been processed and sent to the college" on 7/29. I have not received an interview nor the email. So I'm confused as well with the status off my app.

I received the "application has been processed and sent to the college" on 7/29. I have not received an interview nor the email. So I'm confused as well with the status off my app.
hmmm....are you thinking about contacting them and asking them why you didn't get the email.

hmmm....are you thinking about contacting them and asking them why you didn't get the email.
I'm going to hold out and hope that they have made a decision and will call me tomorrow. If not, I'm planning on calling them on Tuesday.

I submitted my supplemental a while back but my DAT scores didn't get to them until late Aug. Maybe the ones who didn't receive anything are gettin the rejection

I submitted my supplemental a while back but my DAT scores didn't get to them until late Aug. Maybe the ones who didn't receive anything are gettin the rejection
Oh, jeez. I didn't think of that! Lol

Got the "Application Ready for Review" email on July 21, no response since.

Yeah I'm assuming they do that so people don't start emailing them and calling, once we realize they have started sending out interviews lol! Stay calm guys :)

Just got a call for an Interview on 10/1 as well!

Supplementary app complete date: 7/25
Application Complete E-mail: 7/28
GPA (BCP, science, overall): 3.63/3.69/3.72
20/19/22/23/none

Status
Not open for further replies.