The Official Western University c/o 2019 Interview/Acceptance thread

tnguyendo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Someone made a thread for Western in a wrong place, so I decided to make it right. Hoping he/she wouldn't mind. Anyone receive any news besides an email saying they received your 2nd app?

Members don't see this ad.

Haha that was me.I was meaning to get around to it.. Don't mind at all thanks for doing it! No news :( my portal hasn't even been updated to say they received my dat scores and app requested from service. Yours??

Reactions: 1 user
I got the same here. No news. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an email yesterday stating that they had received all my material and the portal has been updated!

Got the email saying my secondary was submitted but still says incomplete.

I received an email yesterday stating that they had received all my material and the portal has been updated!
did you check your portal to see that your app status is complete or still incomplete?

did you check your portal to see that your app status is complete or still incomplete?

I don't see where it lists complete or incomplete. However, it does list that they received all my requirements.

Finally got all my requirements marked as received. What date did it say they got yours pinkster ?

On the western portal if you click on the application you submitted it should have the items and the dates received next to it

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone receive confirmation for the pre-req worksheet? I got one for the supplemental but the email said they were still waiting for other documents...

Did anyone receive confirmation for the pre-req worksheet? I got one for the supplemental but the email said they were still waiting for other documents...
I just got an automatic response saying they received the email

Hmm strange. I will email them and make sure they received it. I sent it awhile ago.

I got an " Your application has been processed and sent to the College of Dental Medicine Admissions Committee for review" last night. Anybody else get that?

According to their online secondary status page it says they received my application and DAT scores from AADSAS on July 10 and my fee on June 10. I also sent my prerequisite form and received a confirmation email from EDS on June 25. However, I still have not received the "Your application has been processed and sent to the College of Dental Medicine Admissions Committee for review" email. Last email I received was the "AADSAS Application Received" email from Alice Bucao on July 10th. Think I should email them?

I sent in my pre-req worksheet awhile back and still hadn't received an email that my app was complete. So I emailed them to make sure they received it. They responded and said they had everything but didn't say that it had been sent to the committee.

Got an email saying my app has been processed and sent to the adcom for review.

I just got an email today from Annica that says "we have received your secondary application."

My app was mailed out on 7/25 and I completed my secondary yesterday. I still do not have my LOR in yet. Hope this helps someone.

Finally got the review email. Submitted my app second batch.

I received my "Application complete" email on July 10th. I emailed them today and asked if I missed the "sent to committee for review" email and they said that they are still processing mine and I should receive that email either today or tomorrow. My AADSAS went out 7/7 (not sure what batch that is). So they're just taking a little longer than the other schools I've applied to.

Just received my "Application ready for review" email :)

Just received email saying sent off for review. 4th batch here

I'm second batch and still haven't heard anything about being sent for review :(

I'm second batch and still haven't heard anything about being sent for review :(
I just emailed them and they told me I have everything turned in and that my application is still processing. Hopefully they are just busy :O

^ same.I emailed them yesterday and they said my application is complete and being processed by the admissions department

I emailed them as well and they said everything is complete. Do they use the ADEA portal at all?

If I recall correctly I saw somewhere on their website that the staff who processes our apps is still on vacation or something. There are 3 staffs doing apps processing and it is based on applicant's last names.

If I recall correctly I saw somewhere on their website that the staff who processes our apps is still on vacation or something. There are 3 staffs doing apps processing and it is based on applicant's last names.
Seriously ? My last name starts with W.. WWwwwww

what I meant is 1 staff does A-H, another staff does I-P, and last one does Q-Z, something like that.

what I meant is 1 staff does A-H, another staff does I-P, and last one does Q-Z, something like that.
That's much better but still my last name starts with WWWWW

For us Q-Z folk Alice Bucao is our person and she is super quick about replying to emails. I emailed her a few days ago soooooo she's not on vacation :)

If you guys have questions regarding your apps, just call Alice Bucao!! She is by far the nicest admission office lady I have ever talk to!:D And for those of you who are planning in re taking DAT, Your apps is going to be on hold til you submit the new score... mine is going to be on hold until mid Aug.. ......so much pressure...

I just received an email from Annica Correa saying my app is ready for review...

According to last year's thread interviews started coming in around Aug 20.

Man, I still haven't received an email about my app being ready for review... and I was in the same batch as you @StumpMT!

Man, I still haven't received an email about my app being ready for review... and I was in the same batch as you @StumpMT!

I received my "app ready for review" email on july 29th. Since your last name starts with "H" you definitely have a different admissions person than me. Maybe he/she was/is on vacation or is taking their sweet time. You could always email them to see what's up. That's what I did and the next day I received my email.

I recieved the review e mail last week Friday. Ohhh I wish I get invited for the interview. Does anyone here have an interview experience with Western? Do you mind giving us some adivice?? Thank you in advance!:)

Mine has been ready for review since late July. No update since that email and my last name is very early in the alphabet

The app is ready for review email is different from the "We received your AADSAS application" email right?

So what batch are they processing now? I haven't submitted secondary but will submit this week, how long are they taking to process them? I'm wondering if us late comers will get an interview before December... Any insight?