The Official Western University c/o 2019 Interview/Acceptance thread

Hey! Who else is interviewing October 4th? How are you guys traveling & lodging?

I'm flying into Ontario International the Friday before, haven't booked a hotel yet though. Just going to use Uber/Lyft to get around.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm flying into Ontario International the Friday before, haven't booked a hotel yet though. Just going to use Uber/Lyft to get around.
okay! thanks for letting me know! I'm still debating to drive or fly! I'll probably drive...

Interesting. I just got an email from Western saying that my app is 'still with the College of Dental Medicine Admissions Committee' & 'how it's possible that the Committee hasn't reviewed [my] app yet or they have made a decision and haven't informed [advisors] yet.'

This is too much anxiety. At least they followed up via email.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interesting. I just got an email from Western saying that my app is 'still with the College of Dental Medicine Admissions Committee' & 'how it's possible that the Committee hasn't reviewed [my] app yet or they have made a decision and haven't informed [advisors] yet.'

I got that too!! When I saw it in my inbox, I got so excited. But alas, no dice. Still waiting. ):

When did you guys get your "Application Ready for Review" email?

i got the follow up email as well.
received ready for review email on 8/18.

Just got the same email... Do any of your last names start with A through H??

I got that email too. But at the same time, I received an invitation call and confirmation e mail as well. Finally!! Love you Western U!

Reactions: 2 users
Got the "still under review" email earlier today.. and an invite call an hour later!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got the email... Now waiting on that call. What batch were you guys that just got called?

I only got the under review email 9/4 despite the 8/1 mail out so I'm probably gonna have to wait a while.

I got that same exact email as well

This email is to let you know that your application is still with the College of Dental Medicine Admissions Committee........

Hopefully I'll get a call soon...hopefully.

Same ^! God is GOOD! anyone interviewing on November 8th?

Last edited:
I was third batch and I got the "still with the College of Dental Medicine Admissions Committee" email today at 11:18am too... Still waiting for that interview call though..:bang:

I was third batch and I got the "still with the College of Dental Medicine Admissions Committee" email today at 11:18am too... Still waiting for that interview call though..:bang:
I think you'll get it!

Called for an interview too :)! Any fellow Canadians get invited?

I got that e-mail this afternoon as well. What a tease... I just hope that my application is "not held for review again at a later time"

I actually got the "still with the College of Dental Medicine Admissions Committee" email this afternoon around 2 pm (EST)
and got an interview invite this evening around 6 pm (EST) as well. I hope you all hear from Western U pretty soon!
Also, the interview spots are really filled up that only available dates were one in Nov and another in Jan.
I was hoping to get the November one, but it was also full when I called, so I had to go with the January one.
The coordinator told me that all other dates were full, but I'm not sure if that's absolutely true.
Good luck guys!

I'll be in on the 7th for that tour too, any idea which hotel you're going to stay at yet?
Im actually in-state and will only be 50 minutes away from the campus. I might just start driving there really early haha, also congrats on your invite!!

Is everybody who got still under review email getting interviews??

and is it really interviews on November already filled? :((

I got the "still with committee email" last week. Anyone hear any interview updates??

Called for an interview too :)! Any fellow Canadians get invited?
I'm Canadian and have an interview on November 8th :) Long flight for me (I live an hour away from Toronto), but pumped to check out Cali!!

I'm Canadian and have an interview on November 8th :) Long flight for me (I live an hour away from Toronto), but pumped to check out Cali!!
Awesome! Same day as me...I will see you there.

I have my interview on the 7th as well! By the way, is there any closer airport to pomona than LAX?

I have my interview on the 7th as well! By the way, is there any closer airport to pomona than LAX?
Yeah there is actually. Ontario International Airport is pretty close to the school. I would check it out! That's the one I'm flying into :)

You're awesome, thank you so much!

Hey guys! I am interviewing Nov 8th! Any of you interviewing that date? Are any of you around the area (Pomona/Ontario)? Do you know of any places/things I should check out while I am there?

Anyone get an email saying your application is being screened? I got that email back on August 7th but have heard nothing since :/

If anyone in Los Angeles has Fridays and needs volunteer hours to sweeten their application, contact me. Downtown LA
I would love to. I'm done with my app but love to volunteer and hopefully learn more interesting stuff :)

What are y'all wearing for the tour on friday (10/3)? Do you think we need to be in a suit? I'm wearing a suit for the interview on saturday.

Last edited:
For the tour, I'll probably just wear dress pants and a dress shirt. Also, for those of you interviewing on November 8th, what hotel are you guys staying at? Anyone staying in LA?

Anyone else touring tomorrow at 230?

And no, I'm not going to wear a suit!