The Official Western University c/o 2019 Interview/Acceptance thread

has anyone that interviewed on 2/7 received acceptance call yet?
I interviewed on 2/7 and received my call yesterday!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Are there anyone who didnt interview 2/7 that got the call?

I got the call yesterday as well from Dr. Andrews! so excited!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
dang, that is a very fast turnaround time for them. Less than a week!
I didn't get a call, so I guess that's a waitlist or rejection.

FML...

Did you get a call from the faculty member who interviewed you?

Did you get a call from the faculty member who interviewed you?
No, I got a call from Dr. Andrews. She is the Assistant Dean. I had to look her up on the website because I didn't recognize the name and I don't remember seeing her there.

The officially last interview day is 2/13. Is it possible for Western to send out additional interviews after that date? :( as I haven't heard anything from the school yet....

The officially last interview day is 2/13. Is it possible for Western to send out additional interviews after that date? :( as I haven't heard anything from the school yet....

very slim chance, but later in the cycle, if they can't fill the class, they might send out more invites. But that's very unlikely..
sorry.

anyone else that interviewed in january hear anything?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know of a good place to start looking for roommates in the area? I'm moving from Florida and have no idea where to start!

Email your admissions coordinator. I think there's a website that you can look for used books, furniture, and roommates.

2.13 interview. Nothing yet.

I talked to one of the admissions counselors over the phone today. She said that they should've called everyone for acceptances last week. But she's not sure because the committee doesn't notify the admissions office about decisions or when they are made. Has anyone heard any news from the school?

I believe they call all of their acceptances, but also send an e-mail and package in the mail. They also send rejection letters through the snail mail, if I recall correctly, but I am unsure if those have been mailed out yet

I spoke with Admissions team, and they stated that the first wave of offers was given last week 16 and 17th. If some of them do no accept offer, the office will be calling the next applicants middle of this week and on.

Interviewed on February 7th and just got denied, No waitlist... just denied :(

Interviewed on February 7th and just got denied, No waitlist... just denied :(

same here, feeling blue the whole day...
if it was waitlist, it wouldn't have felt this depressing i guess...

has anyone from a pre-dec interview heard anything???!! I don't imagine hearing good news at this point haha

same here, feeling blue the whole day...
if it was waitlist, it wouldn't have felt this depressing i guess...
I thought in a previous post you had stated that Western might be the last school you wanted to attend...? Shouldn't you be a little relieved? :eyebrow:

Does anyone know if they have sent out a wait list yet? or if they will?

I thought in a previous post you had stated that Western might be the last school you wanted to attend...? Shouldn't you be a little relieved? :eyebrow:

wow! Thanks for reminding. It didn't hurt me at all because it was my last school choice to attend :)

has anyone from a pre-dec interview heard anything???!! I don't imagine hearing good news at this point haha
still waiting... not even a waitlist
lol wut..

Reactions: 1 users
has anyone been able to contact someone who actually know what's going on?

has anyone been able to contact someone who actually know what's going on?

At my interview on 7 Feb, they told us that everyone would know what their status is on by mid March. If you haven't heard anything, they want you to call after 15 March.

Just called them today and Annica said they sent out alternate list letters this afternoon.

I believe they send the alternate list letters by snail mail, but someone correct me if I'm wrong

Do you by any chance know if it was along with rejection letters or are those by email? Or if we just don't get a hard copy letter we can assume...

yep I did too. does anyone know if it's ranked or anything?

they said accept, deny, alternate, and hold.
hold means they haven't made a decision yet

I was told that something would be sent to me via mail by office person but i still havent received it yet. Is the alternate list something we have to do to formally accept it?

Last edited:
I accepted my alternate position. And yes in the alternate letter there is a paper that you have to mail back choosing whether you accept the position or decline :)

I haven't heard back yet at all :/

Does anyone know how many people are put on the waitlist?

did anyone not get put on the waitlist? I feel like they waitlisted everyone.