****The Official Western University Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Anyone from feb 23 heard anything yet? Impatiently waiting :/
Also sucks because I have some deposits due real soon... If I get in, it's like burning 5k on deposits for other schools =(

Members don't see this ad.

Also sucks because I have some deposits due real soon... If I get in, it's like burning 5k on deposits for other schools =(

I'll trade ya my acceptance for your NYU one ;) lol only if it worked that way...

Members don't see this ad :)
April 15?? I hope the alternate list moves quickly... :scared:

lol... I would definitely trade you! You prefer NYU over western? why?

Mainly location/personal issues. Let me know if you hear back somethin good from Western!

Last edited:
I interviewed 2/23 and got my alternate letter today! I know a couple other people from my interview group did as well.
Best of luck to everyone!! :)

I interviewed 2/23 and got my alternate letter today! I know a couple other people from my interview group did as well.
Best of luck to everyone!! :)

Same here. Just checked the mail.

Anybody get any email with tuition memo today? (email from Marie Anderson, message from Kevin Shaw)

Anybody get any email with tuition memo today? (email from Marie Anderson, message from Kevin Shaw)

Yup, unfortunately the memo is addressed to all current and prospective students, don't get too excited.

Yeah.., figured that. It's just weird that she did not mention anything about the application status or any update on that. It was just like "Okaaayyy, FYI" "Bye~~" lol

Yup, unfortunately the memo is addressed to all current and prospective students, don't get too excited.

Btw, may I ask your application status? are you on the alternate list? on second thought, "prospective students" can mean admitted applicants or admitted and waitlisted applicants. I just thought I'd ask before I (possibly) contact them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Btw, may I ask your application status? are you on the alternate list? on second thought, "prospective students" can mean admitted applicants or admitted and waitlisted applicants. I just thought I'd ask before I (possibly) contact them.

I am an alternate. I have called and they dont seem to want to divulge much information. Is everyone that hasn't been accepted on the alternate list or is the list slightly more hopeful?

Anyone got a mail from Western today? I just received a mail from WesternU that informs the class entering 2013 is filled and all alternates have very low chance to get acceptance this year. It sounds more like rejection :(. They also said that there will be no many seat available after the second deposit day. So I assume that most of accepted students decided to attend WesternU. Congrats those who got acceptance this year and Good luck rest of you guys. I will see you next time.

Anyone got a mail from Western today? I just received a mail from WesternU that informs the class entering 2013 is filled and all alternates have very low chance to get acceptance this year. It sounds more like rejection :(. They also said that there will be no many seat available after the second deposit day. So I assume that most of accepted students decided to attend WesternU. Congrats those who got acceptance this year and Good luck rest of you guys. I will see you next time.

Yeah, just opened the same letter :(

I wonder if there will be any more activity in this thread.

I absolutely loved the school and it took me a very long time to decide, but I have withdrawn my acceptance.

Good luck to everyone... I know last year when I was applying for the first time, whenever I saw someone post a withdrawal, I would get super excited.

:luck: Whoever gets the spot, keep us up to date.

I absolutely loved the school and it took me a very long time to decide, but I have withdrawn my acceptance.

Good luck to everyone... I know last year when I was applying for the first time, whenever I saw someone post a withdrawal, I would get super excited.

:luck: Whoever gets the spot, keep us up to date.

Ahh cool.. I assume, you are going to go to another school? congrats!

According to the 2013 ADEA official guide book, 215 people (In-state:127 / oos: 88) are accepted for the class entering 2012 and 67 people enrolled the program. I assume that this is not the case this year. This year, I think the class is filled much faster than the previous year :(. But I believe there are still chances. So to day is the last day of the 2nd deposit if I remember it correctly. So let me know if any updates are available. Good luck guys!!!

Anybody hear anything from Western?

Someone on the Facebook group got in last Monday, off the wait-list.

And it wasn't me... *sad face*

Do you, by any chance, know how full the class is and how likely it is for a spot to open up? I just sent an email to the admission office. No reply yet. ^__^

They are already full. The person got in last week because someone didn't pay the second deposit. But who knows, anything can happen!

Calling tomorrow to give up my seat. Hopefully one of you guys will hear some good news!

Hi All!! Congrats on your acceptance!! I started a facebook page specifically for our class so that we can get together and get to know each other a little before classes start as well as keep in touch during these next 4 years!! here is the link ... talk to you all soon! https://www.facebook.com/groups/299398840196613/