****The Official Western University Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

I just had the interview myself. In the beginning, coming from a huge school (Michigan), I was rather skeptical about WesternU. But man.., after what they presented to you, you would know that this school is no joke. All the faculties are uber down to earth. They seemed easy to talk to. Even the dean stop by to say hi and talked a little bit with us when we were waiting for the morning presentation to start.

They don't have huge buildings like it is in Stanford/ USC, but they have something that I think is much more important than huge buildings: Interprofessional education (from 9 different schools), and low student to faculty ratio.

Overall, I was impressed by what they are offering. I'm SOLD!

Now... just have to wait and see if they like what I am offering. It's kinda concerning to me cuz... Seemed like all who came were so well rounded; I don't feel special! gosh... hhahaha!

Anywayz, good luck to you all who went for the interview and to you who are having the interview soon.

Members don't see this ad.

Got an email saying, "your application has been placed in 'continuing review'. Hopefully this isn't the case, but I have heard this is usually a "soft rejection." Has anyone ever heard of an interview given after being placed in this category?

I just got an email that says:

"This email is to let you know that your application is still with the College of Dental Medicine Admissions Committee. I’m sure you can understand that due to the volume of applications, it may take some time to receive the Committee’s decision. We will certainly notify you when there is any change in your application status."

Is this an on-hold email, or legitimately a we-haven't-gotten-to-it yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an email that says:

"This email is to let you know that your application is still with the College of Dental Medicine Admissions Committee. I’m sure you can understand that due to the volume of applications, it may take some time to receive the Committee’s decision. We will certainly notify you when there is any change in your application status."

Is this an on-hold email, or legitimately a we-haven't-gotten-to-it yet?

Hey! I just got this too haha I made a thread about it in the pre-dental section. When did you submit your Western application because mine wasn't sent in until about 2 weeks ago

I got the same email, I hope it means they are just busy and haven't gotten to it yet rather than a "hold":confused:

Sent from my EVO using SDN Mobile

Hey! I just got this too haha I made a thread about it in the pre-dental section. When did you submit your Western application because mine wasn't sent in until about 2 weeks ago

mine was complete and processed mid-late aug, which doesn't really help us pin anything down haha

mine was complete and processed mid-late aug, which doesn't really help us pin anything down haha

Oh darn it haha I was hoping they were just sending it to the people who applied a little later and now I'm even more confused because there is apparently another email that explicitly states that people are on continuing review. So what the heck does this email mean?

Oh darn it haha I was hoping they were just sending it to the people who applied a little later and now I'm even more confused because there is apparently another email that explicitly states that people are on continuing review. So what the heck does this email mean?

if i wasn't in class, i would call them right now and ask...eh eh ;)

If I had to guess, I would say that getting the "still with the committee" email is preferable to getting the "continuing review" email. If both were bad news, there wouldn't be much sense in sending out two different emails.

How was everyone's interview? My girlfriend interviewed with them today and she said that the interviewer kept saying "that was a really good answer!" after her responses. Is that something all interviewers at this school say after someone answers a question?

To everyone that is hoping for an interview invite. If you haven't received an invite yet I wouldn't worry too much. I interviewed here in February of 2012. It was one of the last interview dates! Several of my classmates were at my interview group so it was good to know that people were accepted even at some of the last interview dates! I know that it would be awesome to already have an interview in the bag but a lot of schools do give interviews post dec.

To everyone that is hoping for an interview invite. If you haven't received an invite yet I wouldn't worry too much. I interviewed here in February of 2012. It was one of the last interview dates! Several of my classmates were at my interview group so it was good to know that people were accepted even at some of the last interview dates! I know that it would be awesome to already have an interview in the bag but a lot of schools do give interviews post dec.

That's good to hear. Thanks for the info.

do you know anything about and/or did you get the elusive email a lot of us got:

"This email is to let you know that your application is still with the College of Dental Medicine Admissions Committee. I’m sure you can understand that due to the volume of applications, it may take some time to receive the Committee’s decision. We will certainly notify you when there is any change in your application status.
In the meantime, please feel free to contact your Admissions Counselor if you have any questions.
Thank you for your patience and interest in WesternU’s College of Dental Medicine!"

just wondering if maybe this is what led to a spring interview or if it's a future rejection. other people got an email the same day that specifically said "continuing review," so just wondering if there was anything like this last year.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interview there this Friday so we'll see what this place is all about. Pretty pumped and really wish it wasn't my first interview.

i called last week. both emails mean the same thing. our apps are all under continuing review

see, when i called, she told me that they haven't reviewed my app yet, so i'm still confused

i called last week. both emails mean the same thing. our apps are all under continuing review

This doesn't sound right, because some people have posted that they received interviews shortly after receiving the "still with the committee" email.

do you know anything about and/or did you get the elusive email a lot of us got:

"This email is to let you know that your application is still with the College of Dental Medicine Admissions Committee. I’m sure you can understand that due to the volume of applications, it may take some time to receive the Committee’s decision. We will certainly notify you when there is any change in your application status.
In the meantime, please feel free to contact your Admissions Counselor if you have any questions.
Thank you for your patience and interest in WesternU’s College of Dental Medicine!"

just wondering if maybe this is what led to a spring interview or if it's a future rejection. other people got an email the same day that specifically said "continuing review," so just wondering if there was anything like this last year.

Honestly I don't remember. Each school does something different, and when you apply to multiple schools you get lots of different notifications.

see, when i called, she told me that they haven't reviewed my app yet, so i'm still confused
When I called they told me the same thing... I feel that they are really backed up on reviewing entire applications and the people who are receiving interviews may be chosen based on really strong numbers.

Just my guess, I have no idea about the validity of my claim.

This doesn't sound right, because some people have posted that they received interviews shortly after receiving the "still with the committee" email.

doesn't mean a thing as far as what i was told. i double checked. it was probably purely coincidental. but then again, who really knows?

Just got a call for an interview this coming Saturday! I guess a last minute spot opened up!

Yea when they called me a few weeks ago they gave me less than a week notice. I was just like ah no, need another date please lol.

i got a call today from western but I missed it, and then I got an email sayng to call them whenever I get the chance.
Could this possibly be an interview invite???

If it is, for others who got a call today, what dates did they offer you??

i got a call today from western but I missed it, and then I got an email sayng to call them whenever I get the chance.
Could this possibly be an interview invite???

If it is, for others who got a call today, what dates did they offer you??

it is an interview invite. and the last date pre dec is november 3rd. they're not interviewing again until january, fyi.

it is an interview invite. and the last date pre dec is november 3rd. they're not interviewing again until january, fyi.

Nov 3rd is a glitch there are no more pre December interview date unfortunately

Edit: sorry i thought I was in case Western thread

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
i have yet to be contacted about that. it was still an option when i was offered an interview so...........

Last edited:
Got a call yesterday...was offered an interview for november 3 or Jan 11th. Borderline applicant

Got an invite today for Feb 2 2013. Is that really late?? How fast their class got filled up? Does anybody know?

Got an invite today for Feb 2 2013. Is that really late?? How fast their class got filled up? Does anybody know?
I was also invited for that day - she told me it was their last day of interviews...so yeah, pretty late.

I think the only thing you should be concerned with, is the fact that you are interviewing for a spot. Knowing how many are left really shouldn't make a difference. Just do your best! I interviewed on Feb. 4th last year, and I knew by the 9th that I was in.

Anyone here knows till what day they will send interview invites?....if Feb 2nd is the last day they have for interview....Are they already done with all invites?

I think the only thing you should be concerned with, is the fact that you are interviewing for a spot. Knowing how many are left really shouldn't make a difference. Just do your best! I interviewed on Feb. 4th last year, and I knew by the 9th that I was in.

Thank you, I should be more positive :)

My friend just withdrew his application after getting a pre-Dec interview invitation.
Congrats to who got his spot. Good luck to all of you. :xf:

just received an "application still with committee" email... has anyone received this email before and then received an interview invitation or is this most likely a rejection? anyone have an idea?

EDIT: never mind.. didn't read back far enough... found my answer!

just received an "application still with committee" email... has anyone received this email before and then received an interview invitation or is this most likely a rejection? anyone have an idea?

EDIT: never mind.. didn't read back far enough... found my answer!

I received twice, one today, one one month ago

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Many of my classmates interviewed and were accepted in the spring. Stay positive, I know the waiting is brutal but things happen for people who keep fighting the good fight!

Hey Guys, I was wondering if everyone who interviewed at WesternU got the email, WesternU preview day Dec 1.

Thank you

I did. I'm pretty sure it's a standard email that everyone who has applied gets. I got that last year as well. If you read the email it says the 2013 admissions cycle…which is the cycle we're currently in…so I didn't really pay much attention to it.

I just added WesternU to my list... AADSAS still hasn't mailed it out to them yet. Do you think its too late? The deadline is Dec 1st, but if they have all the interview slots taken, do I still have a chance here?

when i was offered an interview last month they were filling up jan. dates. they interview until february.. so you might be fighting an uphill battle. if you call and speak to an admissions counselor he/she will prob offer good advice. good luck!