****The Official Western University Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

I think it's a bit late. They interview ~500 students. Good luck though!!

Members don't see this ad.

What is my chance here..
Well, waiting Dec. 3rd drives me crazy.
Furthermore, I have got only one interview invitation so far from Western.
So I think Western is my only one option this year and the school has become my top choice now.
I hope I can hear good news on Dec. 3rd.
Any thoughts?

Here is my stats

GPA 3.8ish (Overall/Science)
DAT AA21 TS21 PAT 25 RC 16
Interview at Western: Oct. 20th
International Applicant

Last edited:
How many schools did you apply? I'm a F1 student too. I did apply to western, however, I have not heard anything from them. I think the acceptance rate for western is around 50 to 60%. I am not really worry about it because I had interviews with other schools. But it wouldn't hurt if i get an interview from them since I live in Pomona, about 5 mins away from school. I can not comment on the school since I have not toured it. But Pomona is an ideal city if you want to take a walk around at night, it pretty much dead. Oh well, good luck to you, I hope you get in.
What is my chance here..
Well, waiting Dec. 3rd drives me crazy.
Furthermore, I have got only one interview invitation so far from Western.
So I think Western is my only one option this year and the school has become my top choice now.
I hope I can hear good news on Dec. 3rd.
Any thoughts?

Here is my stats

GPA 3.8ish (Overall/Science)
DAT AA21 TS21 PAT 25 RC 16
Interview at Western: Oct. 20th
International Applicant

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone get to see the clinic at all? We were only able to see the sim clinic for about 2 mins, not impressed, after lobbying and never had a chance to see the clinic.

Did anyone get to see the clinic at all? We were only able to see the sim clinic for about 2 mins, not impressed, after lobbying and never had a chance to see the clinic.

the clinic is closed on saturdays...soo unless they have non-saturday post dec. interview slots, i don't think anyone will get to see the clinic unfortunately.

and the sim clinic was solid IMO. it was pretty new, but i guess it did have a bit of a 'renovated garage' feel to it. i still liked it and the school overall though.

Last edited:
what is this "preview day email" you guys are talking about? i interviewed there in october and havent received anything from them since then.

what is this "preview day email" you guys are talking about? i interviewed there in october and havent received anything from them since then.

I interviewed with them in September and the last thing i got from them was the servey. I didnt get a separate perview day email either. However... There was a 1-2 sentence info about a preview day at the school included with my interview invite email. I guess this is what most people are reffering to...

Just so you guys know, I talked to one of their admissions people today and she said that they would be notifiying folks of acceptance by giving them phone calls, and sending out snail mail. Hopefully we get a call on Monday!!

Just so you guys know, I talked to one of their admissions people today and she said that they would be notifiying folks of acceptance by giving them phone calls, and sending out snail mail. Hopefully we get a call on Monday!!

The threads for last cycle said western was displayed people's aadsas as "offer made" the morning of. I wonder if that will happen again. Do you happen to know how many acceptances they will be giving out??

Crossing my fingers!!! Good luck to everyone :)

Did anybody receive the "please check back on 3rd" message on aadsas? I didn't have any status for Western until I checked this morning, and it says "please check back on 3rd"

Did anybody receive the "please check back on 3rd" message on aadsas? I didn't have any status for Western until I checked this morning, and it says "please check back on 3rd"

Western still isn't up on my aadsas…now I'm nervous :(

I don't want to freak you out, but I have the same statement on my AADSAS portal for 2 schools that I got rejections from. Hopefully it is not the case for you guys!

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't want to freak you out, but I have the same statement on my AADSAS portal for 2 schools that I got rejections from. Hopefully it is not the case for you guys!

Absolutely no offense to anyone else, but I really hope you're right. I don't have Western on my aadsas yet and it's my top choice. Praying to hear good news from them on Monday:xf:

Interesting... I still don't have western on my AADSAS... I thought they don't use AADSAS portal until decision day..

I just looked at last year's acceptance thread, and some ppl who had "please check" status on aadsas got acceptances !
not sure how things will roll this year tho

but there were also people who had nothing on aadsas, but still received phone calls haha. i'm over it! not going to think about it!

western is not on aadsas either for me and i interviewed fairly early, which was in september

not on my aadsas either...interviewed in sept

It's on my aadsas and I interviewed on one of their first day of interviews. That was in September.

Last edited:
Not on my aadsas either but they told us at the interview that they will be contacting people via phone (maybe) and snail mail (definitely) not aadsas... interesting

My check back on 3rd message changed to offer made on aadsas. Check the mobile portal everyone!!

Mine changed to Offer Made on the mobile one too!! Yaaaay first acceptance!!!

What is really going on? I don't have WesternU on my AADSAS. :(

Deji did western u just show up on your aadsas within a few days?

Yeah well I didn't have any status for Western until yesterday when it said 'please check back on 3rd' and then that message changed to offer made on mobile portal this morning.

I guess the rest of us are out of luck (for Dec 3)

You never know, they might call us on Monday. There are some people who got accepted without having the WesternU on their AADSAS (last year). Also , no one still has their acceptance letter or email or call from WesternU, so, there is still hope. You really can't rely on the AADSAS alone. They all have to come together, call>email>AADSAS>etc

Good luck to all of us.......

Last edited:
At the interview they said they didn't update through aadsas.

After seeing what's happened today, obviously they do update for some people through aadsas. But after looking through last year's posts, there were lots of people who didn't have Western on their aadsas but still got a phone call on December 1st. The people who had it on their aadsas just got to know right when they woke up and other people had to wait for a call.

Yeah well I didn't have any status for Western until yesterday when it said 'please check back on 3rd' and then that message changed to offer made on mobile portal this morning.

Congrats! When did you interview?

Last cycle this happened. Some had aadsas, some didn't but got calls and aadsas was updated later

I wish everyone could have WU on their AADSAS portal!! This would definately clear out the confusion. So scared :( this is my top choice school.

I think they said they weren't going to communicate through AADSAS bc of the problem last year.. but it happened again this year haha

So... we (who got pre-dec interview) do still have chance right? Western is my top choice, but has never been on my AADSAS list.

yes we all still have chance. Don't worry guys , They will call on monday, and then AADSAS get updated.

Best of luck to all of us!!!! :) praying for some good news!!!

Just got updated to offer made!! But no phone call yet..

it's almost 7 am

call me maybe??????????????????????

Checked my AADSAS just now and the status is changed to "offer made"!

My AADSAS mobile said offer made on Saturday! Today my regular AADSAS says it! Hooray!!