****The Official Western University Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Checked my AADSAS just now and the status is changed to "offer made"!

Mine too. But I haven't been interviewed yet. What can this mean? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

did anyone that doesnt have western on their aadsas hear anything?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just called the school and one person said we have only updated AADSAS for those who got accepted ( no updates for people that are rejected/waitlisted), while the second person said we dont update through AADSAS...I asked specifically " so if i dont see an update on AADSAS is it fair to say that i am either waitlisted/rejected" she said "NO" you may receive a call or letter if ur accepted even though u have no AADSAS update.. Im confused.. :(

I just called the school and one person said we have only updated AADSAS for those who got accepted ( no updates for people that are rejected/waitlisted), while the second person said we dont update through AADSAS...I asked specifically " so if i dont see an update on AADSAS is it fair to say that i am either waitlisted/rejected" she said "NO" you may receive a call or letter if ur accepted even though u have no AADSAS update.. Im confused.. :(
Seems to me that the letter is the be all and end all. If you have an AADSAS update or phone call that is just icing on the cake. For me it is easier to not expect a phone call or update and just know I have to check the mail, as much as the waiting kills.

i'm not sure, but didn't this school say you can call them, and they'll give you an answer with either accept/reject/waitlist? maybe im thinking of another one i interviewed at. not at home right now to check

Seems to me that the letter is the be all and end all. If you have an AADSAS update or phone call that is just icing on the cake. For me it is easier to not expect a phone call or update and just know I have to check the mail, as much as the waiting kills.

I agree...

Got the call! I'm in!

Congrats!!!!!! When did you interview? First Letter of last name?

Thanks... this school is pretty much my last one to hear from :( aside from Roseman, but not much hope there either...

aadsas update and a phone call
im in WA.
last name with K

lol at "Gom... "
I interviewed in September

Members don't see this ad :)
Been a lurker for awhile, but I interviewed oct. 20 and got the call this morning at 9 am pacific

Was it the admissions counselors who called or was it faculty/dean?

:(... I wonder if they're calling in order of interviews... :scared:

So far, September and October interviews...

Pleaseeeeeeeeeee, Western!? :luck:

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Happy Christmas and New Year!!!
I will be back next year for the next cycle!!!!!
I feel I don't get acceptance this year, but I will make it next year.
So... see you guys next year! (This winter will be so cold..:()

oGPA: 3.8ish
sGPA: 3.8ish
AA 21 TS 21 PAT 25

Guys... those of you who got the call, PLEASE do let us know if the school was on your AADSAS... and congrats to those that got the call :)

If you got no update on your AADSAS does that mean that you won't get accepted? Are we allowed to call the school and ask?

If you got no update on your AADSAS does that mean that you won't get accepted? Are we allowed to call the school and ask?

I called this morning... read my comment above. Good Luck... :)

Let me know if anybody calls to asks about their status and receives an answer. Thanks

Is it safe to assume that if you didn't get a call by now, you most likely are not accepted? Seems like they started calling applicants early in the morning, and I cant imagine they are still calling people to tell them they are accepted.

Has anyone with a November interview received an acceptance yet?

Is it safe to assume that if you didn't get a call by now, you most likely are not accepted? Seems like they started calling applicants early in the morning, and I cant imagine they are still calling people to tell them they are accepted.

I just got a call with my acceptance, even though it was already on my AADSAS.

I just called them... they said they updated everyone's status if they were accepted..... I guess I must not have been accepted. Because I think deji got an update through AADSAS sometime last week and he/she interviewed in October. Damn soooo heartbreaking... I thought my interview went so well..

I don't even have Western on my list of schools on AADSAS. I was under the impression that you get a call regardless of acceptance/rejection/waitlisted.

I don't even have Western on my list of schools on AADSAS. I was under the impression that you get a call regardless of acceptance/rejection/waitlisted.

I just called aadsas so I guess it confirms that I did not get accepted. Because the lady said if they updated "offer made" then it would show on aadsas. Plus according to vanessa (the counselor) they updated everyone who got accepted.....

Just because we didn't get offers now…doesn't mean we're automatically rejected. I think the next wave of offers will be in January after people put down deposits. So its hard to say anything unless we get a letter saying if we were rejected/waitlisted. There's still hope!!

So sad....:( I thought my interview went well...i guess NOT!!

I got a call from Western at 11am and another call from Vanessa at 11:30 am. Yes my aadsas is updated to offer made. But don't forget people who got accepted today are getting multiple acceptances so there will be another huge wave of acceptances in January. At my interview I was told that Western accepted people even in July last cycle.

Come on, Western... call me... call meeeeee! Now, every single activity on my cell is giving me a heart attack... this is not good for my health... T__T

I also had Western interview Oct. Thought went great since I heard from my interviewer saying "you are really well prepared for dental school!" And I guess that's just what she was feeling... haha.. Good Luck Everyone!

lol i dont know why they are trying to confuse people by saying they dont update through AADSAS when they obviously do...

I emailed bc I felt like that phone call was never coming. She said if you received an offer, it was all already posted on AADSAS :( :( :(

Hmm thing is, Western was never on my AADSAS. Does this apply to me too? Is there anyone who got accepted, never had Western on AADSAS before, but has their status updated on AADSAS today?

Hmm thing is, Western was never on my AADSAS. Does this apply to me too? Is there anyone who got accepted, never had Western on AADSAS before, but has their status updated on AADSAS today?

As far as I know....all were updated before hand. But she said not getting an offer now doesn't mean we won't later on. Anyone know if they only mailed acceptances? Or accept, reject and wait list? I guess we have to wait for snail mail to determine our status

Hmmm ic..

Well, thanks for the info. Let's cross our fingers and pray! :)

I think the safest thing to do is wait till Friday to see if you get anything in the mail. Then you will be absolutely sure. From what I'm seeing posted on these forums, the people over at Western are saying two different things depending on who you talk to, although it does seem likely that first round of acceptances are in fact done with.

Some people are saying if you were accepted, then your aadsas status will have been updated.

Other people are being told they dont update via aadsas (which it seems they actually do). I took a look at last years Western threads and see similar comments with the same confusion.

I think more than what's on aadsas, whether you got a call or not is the bigger indication of your status as either accepted/waitlisted/rejected.

Ok, so, I just sent them an email and they said that the admission committee may still make phone calls tomorrow regarding the acceptance. They have also sent out the decision via mail today. So, we can expect to hear from them in a couple days.

Best of luck to you all!

Ok, so, I just sent them an email and they said that the admission committee may still make phone calls tomorrow regarding the acceptance. They have also sent out the decision via mail today. So, we can expect to hear from them in a couple days.

Best of luck to you all!

But does this apply to people who have WesternU on their AADSAS only?

that is just cruel of them to do that to us lol