***The Official Western University Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

mis_gnomer

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I thought I would go ahead and start this thread for all the pre-dents applying to Western University's College of Dental Medicine program this cycle.
Possibly useful links:

Last cycle's thread:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...c-o-2019-interview-acceptance-thread.1083944/

WesternU's College of Dental Medicine admissions page:
http://prospective.westernu.edu/dentistry/welcome-2/

Competitive class stats:
http://prospective.westernu.edu/dentistry/competitive/

Best of luck, you guys! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Heard great things about Western. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey you too!

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck guys!:luck::luck:
Hey just wondering - have you guys submitted the secondary yet, and if so, have you seen any status change on AADSAS or gotten any emails from them? I haven't heard anything except for an email confirming that I submitted the secondary...probably not a big deal but just wondering...

Hey just wondering - have you guys submitted the secondary yet, and if so, have you seen any status change on AADSAS or gotten any emails from them? I haven't heard anything except for an email confirming that I submitted the secondary...probably not a big deal but just wondering...
Ya I have only gotten the email about secondary. On their portal it says they haven't even got my app for service or my DAT score.

Ya I have only gotten the email about secondary. On their portal it says they haven't even got my app for service or my DAT score.

Same here! Just skimming through last year's thread, it looks like people were in the same boat at this time...So we're probably ok! :)

I completed mine, you just have to go to their website and then create a username. I called because my secondary said it was missing some information. The admissions office then told me they were re-doing the website and that they haven't even start to look at applications so there is nothing to worry about.

Last edited:
Pretty stoked about Western, I grew up a couple of miles away actually. Would be cool to be back home.

I actually went there for a pre-dental prep program, and the school itself was amazing! It really blew me away, and the students loved where they were. Despite the school being pretty new (it started in 2009), there was nothing but good things about it when I went. The price is a bit hefty, though... but it's definitely one of my top choices.

nevermind, i found the prereq search thingy they have :) pretty neat, all schools should have this!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else receive the email about a preview day?

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone else receive the email about a preview day?
Yep! Saw the words "you are invited" and almost died but then I realized it was just a preview day. Haha darn!

Reactions: 1 users
yeah i literally got so excited when i saw an email from them!! :yeahright:

Hell ya, but I'm sure Cali would be pretty sick. Ha.

finally got a confirmation email from western!! :):) ( and i checked my supplement page and they updated everything on there as well)

finally got a confirmation email from western!! :):) ( and i checked my supplement page and they updated everything on there as well)
nice! Me too. Now will then send interview invites via email or on the portal?

nice! Me too. Now will then send interview invites via email or on the portal?

Last year invites went out over phone actually.

Got an email saying my app is ready and sent to the committee for review!

Got an email saying my app is ready and sent to the committee for review!
how long after the confirmation email sent out on 7/23 did you get another email saying under review?

how long after the confirmation email sent out on 7/23 did you get another email saying under review?
Literally almost 24 hours later. Received app complete on Thursday at 5:11pm. Then received app sent for review Friday at 5:08 pm.

Literally almost 24 hours later. Received app complete on Thursday at 5:11pm. Then received app sent for review Friday at 5:08 pm.
thanks for the info! I got the app complete email on thursday at 7:12pm but didn't receive the under review email on friday :confused:

Ya the email starts off by saying... "Good news" haha and again thought interview invite. But wrong again. So just prepare yourself

How do you tell which batch you are in? And what is the significance/advantage to being in the first batch? Thanks guys!

Got the under review email today! :)

How do you tell which batch you are in? And what is the significance/advantage to being in the first batch? Thanks guys!

Someone made a post with this years batch dates. I don't know how to copy the link here using mobile but I searched "what batch am I" and I found it. My app mailed July 2 and I'm second batch and I think every week after that is the next batch.

Good luck everyone! Hope to see you all sun kissed in Cali one day!

got the "Good News!" under review email today haha

Reactions: 2 users
On the Western Portal, it still doesn't say anything in terms of being received for my DAT scores and "App Rec'd frm Service". Is this normal - aka I don't have to send my DAT scores to them right?? My application was mailed out last week, so it may be a little early, but I was wondering how often they update this stuff and what not. Also, I totes forgot to send in my pre-req worksheet a while back and just now sent it in, so that could probably delay things... My bad. :rolleyes:
That emoji looks like bill cosby

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if going to the preview day is beneficial or not? I am debating on going, but if I don't need to I would rather not spend the money.

Does anyone know if going to the preview day is beneficial or not? I am debating on going, but if I don't need to I would rather not spend the money.

Preview day is not DMD specific, it's like for all the programs on campus, so I'm not gonna bother with it tbh

Batch 8 and I got the under review email today if anyone's curious!

Is there anyone know when the school start to give invitation??

From what I saw, last year they didn't start giving out interviews till the 27th of August

So I just looked and western is not showing up on my AADSAS portal under school decisions, am I the only one?

Not on mine either and I'm second batch. I don't think western shows up on aadsas.