***The Official Western University Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

I think they do both.. Do you know if it's still possible to get an invite..?
I am not sure. But since the last day is the 6th, there is still some chance since not every body will accept the interview invite. a lot of people who got the invite are declining it because they are already going somewhere else. That is just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Is anyone getting that email from Andrea that says your application is still under review. I got several of those since November. I got the 4th one today. Does this letter mean anything??? I was so nervous when I saw the subject.

Reactions: 9 users
anyone going to be at the patient care center tour this Friday? I'm scheduled at 3:30.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone getting that email from Andrea that says your application is still under review. I got several of those since November. I got the 4th one today. Does this letter mean anything??? I was so nervous when I saw the subject.
OMG same and I'm wondering the same thing

I received one again today too.. This waiting game is seriously so scary..

I got another "your application is still with the committee" email today too :(

Reactions: 1 user
Andrea said the last interview is This Saturday so if we haven't gotten an invite, I assume we won't be invited, but who knows!

Andrea said the last interview is This Saturday so if we haven't gotten an invite, I assume we won't be invited, but who knows!
UMMM so why the f send us your application is still being considered emails this week??

Reactions: 4 users
For those who are interviewing tomorrow, feel free to PM me with last minute questions/advice. I'll also be giving tours tomorrow morning, so you can ask then if I don't get a chance to respond. Do well!

Prob meant to send out rejection letters and hit the wrong button :smack:

Reactions: 2 users
I'll be at the tour today at 3:30! Hitting the beach then planning on Interviewing tomorrow!

Last edited:
Hi all! Normally I'd browse all the old threads to find the answer so I don't have to ask but is there just one interview or two interviews (faculty and student)?? And if I remember correctly, it's individual, right?

EDIT: Found my answer in the Western info haha
"You can expect to be interviewed by a team of two, comprised of faculty and/or administration. You can expect to be in the interview for approximately 25 to 30 minutes."

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received a status update yet now that Feb. 6th has passed?

I interviewed on Jan 22nd and they told me that we would begin to hear back starting the 2nd week of February after the last interviews (which is this week). Hopefully we hear back soon!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Calls should go out Thursday morning, PST.

Calls should go out Thursday morning, PST.
Did they tell you this during an interview

Edit: Just saw that you are a current student. Hopefully we get some good news then! Thank you

Last edited:
Rejection email no interview
did u get the email on Feb 3rd that " your app is still with the admissions committee"? i wonder if they are doing any more interviews because i didn't get the rejection email o_O

did u get the email on Feb 3rd that " your app is still with the admissions committee"? i wonder if they are doing any more interviews because i didn't get the rejection email o_O

Same. I was emailed Feb 3rd, but still no rejection or invite to interview email...

Reactions: 3 users
Same here! I didn't get the rejection email yet! I hope they opened up more interview spots.

Reactions: 5 users
As far as I know, Saturday was the last big interview (close to 100 applicants). We'll see how many seats get filled...you never know, they might have a smaller (25 applicants) interview on a random weekday next month.

The people who said they did not receive a rejection letter yet? does your last name fall between A-L? I know Annica Correa is in charge of students between A-L and Andrea Nuno is in charge of students whose last name fall between M-Z. my last name falls between A-L. so maybe andrea nuno hasn't sent out her portion yet?

The people who said they did not receive a rejection letter yet? does your last name fall between A-L? I know Annica Correa is in charge of students between A-L and Andrea Nuno is in charge of students whose last name fall between M-Z. my last name falls between A-L. so maybe andrea nuno hasn't sent out her portion yet?

Good hypothesis. I haven't received the rejection email yet and my last name is between M-Z

My last name is between A-L and haven't received anything from Annica

Nah, I'm with Andrea Nuno. Received another of many "app is with us" emails from her on 2/3 but also got the rejection email last night. If it makes any difference, I'm very early in the M-Z list.

Does anyone know if there is a fb group for accepted students? I can't find anything..

For those who put down the deposit already - is it pretty instantaneous when you pay it, or is there a grace period that the money needs to clear? I plan on putting down a deposit when the school opens up again after break but am slightly concerned it takes like 3-4 days to process and then I'm faced with trying to beat the deadline.

It's instantaneous.

Got the rejection email without interview. My last name starts with Z.
DAT AA 19, TS21, 3.5 GPA
:(

Last edited:
They finally manned up to give out the rejections haha instead of "files still with us"

Rejection #4 :wtf:
School: Western
Notification date: 2/10/16
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: MI
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25/15
Application complete date: 6/13/15
GPA (science, overall) 3.45 (3.56 without +/-), 3.6 (3.68 without +/-)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/22/21/none

Rejected without interview :/

Rejection #4 :wtf:
School: Western
Notification date: 2/10/16
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: MI
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25/15
Application complete date: 6/13/15
GPA (science, overall) 3.45 (3.56 without +/-), 3.6 (3.68 without +/-)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/22/21/none

Those are really good stats. Western gives preference to in-state students, so don't beat yourself up. If you are going to reapply, focus on extracurricular activities and your essay and you should be fine.

Those are really good stats. Western gives preference to in-state students, so don't beat yourself up. If you are going to reapply, focus on extracurricular activities and your essay and you should be fine.
During our interview the dean told us that there is no preference on state residency since it is a private school. But I do agree that your stats are good enough, and you should reapply. If you give Western a call they should let you know what part of your app was weak so that you can work to improve it. Good luck!

Thanks. I was kind of surprised since I've gotten interviews at other schools that seem to be more difficult to get into. Thankfully I've already been accepted to 2 schools so I'm not gonna reapply. I also was a division I athlete which I thought helped me stand out in terms of extracurriculars and used that to help me develop a unique personal statement but whatever...i guess you never know what some schools are looking for!

Thanks. I was kind of surprised since I've gotten interviews at other schools that seem to be more difficult to get into. Thankfully I've already been accepted to 2 schools so I'm not gonna reapply. I also was a division I athlete which I thought helped me stand out in terms of extracurriculars and used that to help me develop a unique personal statement but whatever...i guess you never know what some schools are looking for!

Ohh haha cool you're good then. Yeah some schools are just random, can never expect an interview no matter how good stats are.

Anyone from 2/6 interview hear anything yet today?