***The Official Western University Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Anyone from ANY interview hear anything yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Rejected w/o interview
3.2sGPA (3.9 SMP)
22/22/22/26

I contacted the Admissions Office yesterday and Yolanda informed me that they will be making calls sometime next week. Hang on tight guys!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
Well..... I just got rejected W/ Interview. I interviewed on Jan 22nd!
Pretty sad about this one but I'm not in a position to complain. Good luck to everyone else!

Rejected w/o interview.
Called to ask how to strengthen my application/reason for rejection but didn't get a clear answer. Only opinion I received was to apply earlier next time (application was completed early October because I took DAT late)
Overall GPA 3.71
Science GPA 3.75
DAT AA21 TS22 PAT 22 (reading and math 19)
Plenty of extracurricular activities
1 year of bioengineering research at a prestigious school.

Felt like they didn't even spend too much time at my application. Disappointed!

Well..... I just got rejected W/ Interview. I interviewed on Jan 22nd!
Pretty sad about this one but I'm not in a position to complain. Good luck to everyone else!

Sorry to hear about the rejection. Did they call or email you?

Rejected w/o interview.
Called to ask how to strengthen my application/reason for rejection but didn't get a clear answer. Only opinion I received was to apply earlier next time (application was completed early October because I took DAT late)
Overall GPA 3.71
Science GPA 3.75
DAT AA21 TS22 PAT 22 (reading and math 19)
Plenty of extracurricular activities
1 year of bioengineering research at a prestigious school.

Felt like they didn't even spend too much time at my application. Disappointed!

Sorry to hear this. If you're going to reapply, definitely try to get in first batch. From what I understand, most schools have invited for and conducted the vast majority of their predecember interviews before they even got a chance to look at your app. With stats similar but slightly lower than yours I wasn't offered an interview last cycle (app submitted Sept 30) but this cycle I got 3 interview invites and 1 acceptance so far (app submitted July).

Did anyone who interviewed late January get anything besides a rejection email? like being put on the waitlist?

Sorry to hear this. If you're going to reapply, definitely try to get in first batch. From what I understand, most schools have invited for and conducted the vast majority of their predecember interviews before they even got a chance to look at your app. With stats similar but slightly lower than yours I wasn't offered an interview last cycle (app submitted Sept 30) but this cycle I got 3 interview invites and 1 acceptance so far (app submitted July).

Thanks for your input! Yes I will definitely consider applying earlier next cycle because I know applying later on in the cycle may have been one of the reason I may have not heard back from the schools I really wanted to go to. And congrats on that one acceptance I hope there are more to come!

Got the acceptance call from Dr. Turchi one hour ago. So excited. I interviewd on february 6th:soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

Reactions: 5 users
Just got my acceptance too! I interviewed on February 6th as well.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone! Were these acceptances just for post-December interviews? When I emailed admissions last week they told me final decisions should be made late February (I'm pre-December).

I got the call last night, and interviewed in November for any of you pre-Dec people. I will be turning it down.

I hope one of you end up with it. I loved this school. Best of luck!

Reactions: 2 users
I got the call last night, and interviewed in November for any of you pre-Dec people. I will be turning it down.

I hope one of you end up with it. I loved this school. Best of luck!

Bummer. I really wanted to go here :(

Does anyone remember how we get informed if we are on the alternate list?
...Have a feeling I might be on it..

Does anyone remember how we get informed if we are on the alternate list?
...Have a feeling I might be on it..

I think they said that they'll email us if we're on the alternate list.

I haven't received email yet. I think they will send it out today.

Got the acceptance call on Friday, no emails either. Called this morning and they said to wait for a package in the mail.

Who's planning on getting an apartment/house nearby?

Hey guys, I have a question.
I am a pre-December interviewee well.. the first batch, and I still haven't heard anything back from the school. What would this mean? Does anybody know?
I appreciate for your thoughts in advance.

I have a vague memory of them mentioning something about it but...
Does anyone know if Western accepts appeals? Should I even try to or would that look bad and affect my chances for next year if I have to reapply?

I am a pre-December interviewee well.. the first batch, and I still haven't heard anything back from the school. What would this mean? Does anybody know?

I'm in precisely the same boat as you. I called last week, they told me they'd be calling late in the week or this week for acceptances. Which we've seen reported in this here thread.

However, idk where they have placed me (or you). It's confusing and unclear, and I'd venture to guess that if we called they would tell us the same BS I've heard in the past. "the committee has yet to make a decision, around (insert date here) they'll be calling the next batch of acceptances". Apparently there is no official waitlist. You're either accepted, denied, interviewed and denied, or interviewed and placed in purgatory.

Based on this long post I'm sure you can see how I'm feeling these days! haha

Yesterday I called Andrea and Annika and they both told me that they were suppose to send the alternate list yesterday and denials later this week. I haven't seen anyone say they received anything though

Hey all, I interviewed back in November and got my acceptance call last week.

Ill be declining the offer so if any of you are on the waitlist, there is still hope!

I wouldn't worry about it too much. It was ABSOLUTE silence since my pre-december interview. Like except for the interview survey they sent out, its been nothing. And just last week they called me to tell me about my acceptance. I wouldn't worry too much. Just wait it out.

However, in my email, it said the $1k deposit would be due 2/27. Idk if thats for everyone or if the due date just depends on whenever each person was notified. But if it IS for everyone, I would assume they would notify everyone before then.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. It was ABSOLUTE silence since my pre-december interview. Like except for the interview survey they sent out, its been nothing. And just last week they called me to tell me about my acceptance. I wouldn't worry too much. Just wait it out.

However, in my email, it said the $1k deposit would be due 2/27. Idk if thats for everyone or if the due date just depends on whenever each person was notified. But if it IS for everyone, I would assume they would notify everyone before then.

Thanks for the heads up. Hoping I get that call. On too many waitlists right now!

I'm sure that date is set just so that they know who they've got down for sure and who they don't. They'll move further down their pile of non acceptances if needed after that date. That's my assumption. Who knows for sure.

Thank you for your answer! You got accepted to UW? Wow congrats!!!

Thanks for the heads up. Hoping I get that call. On too many waitlists right now!

I'm sure that date is set just so that they know who they've got down for sure and who they don't. They'll move further down their pile of non acceptances if needed after that date. That's my assumption. Who knows for sure.
yeah, you might be right. They didn't give me an option to decline the offer. Just a link to pay the deposit so yeah, that might be how they're gonna sort people out. Although, I think it's a pretty inefficient method, haha.

Thank you for your answer! You got accepted to UW? Wow congrats!!!
Thanks! Didn't think id get it, being out of state and all. Super thankful!

Ok, so those of you who have been niether denied or accepted, but have interviewed, Annica told me in an email today that they sent out alternate information in the mail on Tuesday. So since we've seen interviewees get both denied and accepted, hopefully it's safe to assume that if you've heard nothing you should expect alternate info to be coming. That last sentence is my assumption, didn't come from her.

yeah, you might be right. They didn't give me an option to decline the offer. Just a link to pay the deposit so yeah, that might be how they're gonna sort people out. Although, I think it's a pretty inefficient method, haha.

haha that does seem kind of inefficient. I'm sure they don't give you that option because it's sort of the easy way out. If you could decide right then and there, you'd forget about it. But when the date is a month out, there's a slight chance you keep thinking about it and decide to change your mind? So they end up getting their $$$$$ and don't have to decide on another student to accept.
...they always have their ways haha

D
Ok, so those of you who have been niether denied or accepted, but have interviewed, Annica told me in an email today that they sent out alternate information in the mail on Tuesday. So since we've seen interviewees get both denied and accepted, hopefully it's safe to assume that if you've heard nothing you should expect alternate info to be coming. That last sentence is my assumption, didn't come from her.

Thank you for the info! Do you know if they for sure mailed it? Or could it have been sent through email?

Thanks for the info! It'll help us out alot! Did she mention if they finished giving out calls for acceptances for now? Guess for us who are still waiting will have to wait and see :( Praying for everyone for the best though! Cheers :3

Check you mailbox for a physical letter on the alternate list!! Just got mine right now, good luck all!

Just got the Mail at my house too, Waitlisted...BEtter than rejection and just praying for the best! Good luck to everyone else :3

Btw anyone know how long the Waitlist can be?? 100+?? :(

Last edited:
I remember that they can't really tell us any info about the wait list. :(

I remember that they can't really tell us any info about the wait list. :(
You're right! I just checked last years thread and remember the coordinator telling us they don't know anything about it. Thanks for letting me know!

I called the offices and they told me if you didn't receive an acceptance call or a denial via email, you could still be accepted by mail because they didnt call everyone. I interviewed pre december and have heard nothing. Have yet to receive anything in the mail so waiting to see what happens.

Check you mailbox for a physical letter on the alternate list!! Just got mine right now, good luck all!

Out of curiosity what state do you live in? I talked to Annica last week and she said they sent out letters last Friday. I live across the country from Cali (NC) so just tryna guage when to expect the letter.