***The Official Western University Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Got my alternate list letter today (GA).

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad.

Out of curiosity what state do you live in? I talked to Annica last week and she said they sent out letters last Friday. I live across the country from Cali (NC) so just tryna guage when to expect the letter.
I'm from Southern California so just in the vicinity of Western actually.
If it helps, the letter was also marked for delivery on the 16th.

Last edited:
I live in WA, but I haven't received any letter from Western U.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't know if it will help anyone, but I just received my confirmation for a position on the alternate list today and I will be declining it. Hopefully that'll help someone move up on the list!

My alternate letter was postmarked on the 16th and I received it on the 18th. I live about 1 hour away from Western.

I'm from Southern California so just in the vicinity of Western actually.
If it helps, the letter was also marked for delivery on the 16th.

Thanks! I'm from NC and got my alternate letter today, also post-marked on the 16th.

Does anyone know how many ppl western interviews?

:(Got my wait list mail today. Postmarked on the 16th

Hi everyone, I got an alternate list letter which was postmarked on the 16th. I live in WA.
Anyways, I have a question.
It says "... I understand that by signing below, I am not committing to accept a seat should it be offered to me."
What does that mean? Does that mean I shouldn't accept offers from other schools?

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I got an alternate list letter which was postmarked on the 16th. I live in WA.
Anyways, I have a question.
It says "... I understand that by signing below, I am not committing to accept a seat should it be offered to me."
What does that mean? Does that mean I shouldn't accept offers from other schools?
I believe it just means that if you sign and you're offered a seat you're not obligated to attend Western

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone, I was just accepted into my number one choice school and will be dropping my seat here. Good luck!

Sucks as I will lose my deposit :/

Just wondering is there anyone out there who's neither been rejected nor been placed on the waitlist?

POTENTIAL ROOMMATES: Hey Peoples, I'm looking for a roommate for a 2Br+2Ba at the 777. Send a message for more info if you're interested!

Think they will be accepting anyone off of the alternate list tomorrow?

I yet have to call and withdraw my seat, planning on doing it tomorrow so maybe.

Any news or info as to when they will start notifying students on the alternate list? Or have you heard of anyone that has received a call yet?

:corny:

For those who accepted the Alternate list, was there an email or anything to confirm that we are on it?

For those who accepted the Alternate list, was there an email or anything to confirm that we are on it?
I sent my physical alternate letter the day I got it. I didn't get an email or anything to confirm if I was on the alternate list.

Any news or info as to when they will start notifying students on the alternate list? Or have you heard of anyone that has received a call yet?

:corny:
Has anyone been accepted off the waitlist?

I was on the alternate list and received a call from them last week and was accepted. So it definitely looks like they're notifying applicants pretty soon after others are denying the offer.

Reactions: 2 users
Just dropped my spot on the alternate list. Good luck, everyone!

got accepted off the waitlist by call and letter!

Hi everyone,

I'm applying to WesternU this upcoming cycle... would I be too late if I take my DAT on July 11? I understand that it will take a couple weeks for my app to be "mailed out" since AADSAS needs time to receive my official DAT score. I want to apply early, but I also want to give myself enough time to study for the DAT. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I'm applying to WesternU this upcoming cycle... would I be too late if I take my DAT on July 11? I understand that it will take a couple weeks for my app to be "mailed out" since AADSAS needs time to receive my official DAT score. I want to apply early, but I also want to give myself enough time to study for the DAT. Any thoughts? Thanks!
Start studying now and apply June 1st - I applied in July and regretted it. Getting your app in early is more beneficial than having an extra month of studying.

Hi everyone,

I agree with the previous poster. I did that last cycle and I ended up not doing well on the DAT and I got my stuff in too late. Needless to say I did not get accepted. This time around I took the DAT early and applied June 1st and got many acceptances! Applying early is key!!!! If your stats are amazing you might be ok applying late but I personally think it limits the number of acceptances you might get and it's risky. But I also know I had to take time off of school to take the DAT. Use your best judgement :)

I was on the alternate list and received a call from them last week and was accepted. So it definitely looks like they're notifying applicants pretty soon after others are denying the offer.

got accepted off the waitlist by call and letter!

Congrats guys!!! Did either of you contact the school after being placed on the alternate list? Or did you just wait patiently?

Congrats guys!!! Did either of you contact the school after being placed on the alternate list? Or did you just wait patiently?

Thanks! I just waited. I was placed on the waiting list in mid-February and received a call in the first week of March. So I didn't have to wait too long before hearing back.

Any recent acceptances?

I was told that they sent out more acceptances last week after the last deposit was due. Hoping spots keep opening up though!

Are you sure? Deposits were due on the 18th though.

A friend of mine was accepted from the wait list this afternoon and interviewed Feb 6th. Hoping to hear good news for us soon too!

Reactions: 1 users
i have been on the waitlist and i interviewed in october and i havent heard anything from this school. none of my friends have either. weird.

I officially dropped my acceptance at Western :( It's an amazing school and I'm so sad to give up my spot. It was a tough choice. Good luck to everyone!

Do you think the class is full? The facebook page seems to have the maximum number of students that can enroll in the class :oops:.

Do you think the class is full? The facebook page seems to have the maximum number of students that can enroll in the class :oops:.

Don't look at the Facebook page. In addition to the accepted students there are also members from the other dental classes.

I agree, don't look at the fb page. My friend was just accepted into Western a couple of weeks ago off the waitlist. Also, I will be dropping my seat in the next couple of days. Good luck you guys :)

Just got accepted off of the waitlist today via phone call. Dr. Turchi, my interviewers and tour guides were really really nice and WesternU is a great school. I love small class size, the enthusiasm of the students there and the fact that students don't have to worry about finding/scheduling patients (correct me if I'm wrong.) The campus is dynamic and diverse (they have inter-professional projects and organizations). The lab and clinic are spacious and technology is amazing. Anyways, I've got to give up my spot bc I got into my state school/1st choice. Feel kinda sad about not moving to the beautiful West Coast. But it just means more hope for those who are still waiting to be a WesternU DS1 =). Good luck to everyone who is still waiting for that acceptance! If you really want something and pour your heart into its pursuit, your dream will come true!

Reactions: 3 users
WesternU Class of 2017 student checking in. Join the Western Class of Dental Med class of 2020 Facebook group! I want everyone to know that Western is an incredible dental school and I highly recommend it! I am from out of state and although it was tough to move here, it has been completely worth it. The program is great, faculty are awesome, and the equipment is all state of the art. If you have any questions feel free to hit me up!

Last edited: