***The Official Western University Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Has anyone heard any news?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
3.24 bcp, 3.4 overall.

3.89 in postbacc, 20AA, 19 TS, 23 PAT

I haven't decided yet since it just happened yesterday!

Hey everyone! And congrats on your acceptances/deferred acceptances! Personally I didn't know I was accepted until around this time, so there is still some time left (I think, no promises). I am a 2nd year DO student looking for 1-2 people to fill a new house in Chino! My classmate, another second year DO student at WesternU, already lives here but he needs some people to fill it (I am posting on his behalf). The landlord is asking for 3 months worth of rent in advance since, as medical students, we technically have no income, but the house is pretty inexpensive and nice so I promise it is worth it.

A note from my classmate, Cody: "About myself, I play guitar, drums, and go rock climbing (when I have time), currently getting scuba certified, running, video games, clean, relatively friendly, laid back, beer, and occasionally funny. I also have a large dog who is super nice and a big wuss. So if you like any of the above, come live with us!"

The house is about 15 mins from campus and is BRAND NEW, like I said before. The rent would be between $550-$650 depending on the room and the master bedroom would be $750. If you have any questions, feel free to send me a message! And again, congrats on your future careers as doctors!

Are the people on this thread only waiting for this school, or have you guys been accepted other places?

thread got pretty stale.....no news from anyone? I know theres sometimes a lot of movement in the summer...

Yeah it does, when did you apply, interview, and waitlist?
I applied in August and interviewed in January. I got waitlisted a month later in mid to late Feb. I've been sending as many updates as I can on my continued work experience, volunteering and extra class grades but still waiting for that acceptance !! How about you..

I spoke to some people in the admissions department recently and they said that the class is pretty much finalized. Unfortunately, at this point if you have another acceptance, I would start focusing on that. If not, then you should start focusing on resubmitting the AADSAS application for the 16 - 17 year. I was told that people getting accepted in July isn't completely out of the question but it is a rarity!

I applied in August and interviewed in January. I got waitlisted a month later in mid to late Feb. I've been sending as many updates as I can on my continued work experience, volunteering and extra class grades but still waiting for that acceptance !! How about you..
Applied really late due to a circumstance but ended up getting invited to the last interview and then wait-listed since, but yeah lets hope for the best while preparing for the worst.
I spoke to some people in the admissions department recently and they said that the class is pretty much finalized. Unfortunately, at this point if you have another acceptance, I would start focusing on that. If not, then you should start focusing on resubmitting the AADSAS application for the 16 - 17 year. I was told that people getting accepted in July isn't completely out of the question but it is a rarity!
I figured that was the case too, I talked to a few of my friends who got accepted and it seems that almost everyone is set for the class. My reapplication is pretty much ready too but just holding out for another week before making that financial jump again :oops:.

Applied really late due to a circumstance but ended up getting invited to the last interview and then wait-listed since, but yeah lets hope for the best while preparing for the worst.

I figured that was the case too, I talked to a few of my friends who got accepted and it seems that almost everyone is set for the class. My reapplication is pretty much ready too but just holding out for another week before making that financial jump again :oops:.

Don't worry and don't give up. I have a friend who was just accepted this past cycle and this was his 3rd time applying. :)

Reactions: 1 user
Don't worry and don't give up. I have a friend who was just accepted this past cycle and this was his 3rd time applying. :)

I agree, I applied 4 times before I got accepted. Keep moving forward!

Reactions: 1 user
Hello,

I'm looking for a roommate, preferably female! I'm interested in signing a lease for a 2 Bedroom and 2 Bath apartment near school. Please message me if you're interested! Thanks!