***The Official Western University Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Giving up my post-dec interview! Good luck guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
So they are calling on Dec 2nd??

Members don't see this ad :)
If there are any BYU guys or LDS guys planning on attending Western, hit me up! I'm planning on going to Loma Linda which is like a thirty minute drive from western. And I actually grew up a couple miles away from Western so I know the area pretty well.

I doubt any of the people who rec'd calls are still following the thread closely, but if you happen to be could you say whether or not it was your interviewer who called? And if so, did any of you have and receive your call from Dr. Turchi? just curious!..

I doubt any of the people who rec'd calls are still following the thread closely, but if you happen to be could you say whether or not it was your interviewer who called? And if so, did any of you have and receive your call from Dr. Turchi? just curious!..

I received call yesterday but it wasn't from interviewer or Dr. Turchi. I can't remember the name of who I spoke with but it wasn't either of the 2 you're asking about.

Exactly, I guess they gave out more interviews then interview spots they had and those who replied first got them. Well, guess I learned my lesson.. can only hope for the best now.

she told me that all interview dates are full currently. My best luck is if someone withdraws from their interview, then i'll get the spot. Hopefully some people will get dec 1 acceptances and cancel their western interview..

I just withdrew from my interview. I sent the email a couple minutes ago so a spot should open! I hope this means you get it :) my interview was January 22nd.

I also did not get the call from my interviewer. Another Dr. on campus...

Hi everyone, long time lurker, first time poster. First off congrats to everyone who got in and keep going to everyone trying, dreams do come true. I got the call from Dr. Turchi on Dec. 1st around 11:30 am. BEST DAY EVER. :dead: Does anyone have instructions on how to lay down our deposit?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone, long time lurker, first time poster. First off congrats to everyone who got in and keep going to everyone trying, dreams do come true. I got the call from Dr. Turchi on Dec. 1st around 11:30 am. BEST DAY EVER. :dead: Does anyone have instructions on how to lay down our deposit?

Congratulations! There is a letter coming with instructions as far as I know; however, if you go to the Western portal where you submitted your application there is a button there you can push to accept at the bottom of the page. It says:

After acceptance, return to the Application Menu Page to view the Payment Processing Section and Available Payment Transactions.

Hope that helps! See you there :)

Congratulations! There is a letter coming with instructions as far as I know; however, if you go to the Western portal where you submitted your application there is a button there you can push to accept at the bottom of the page. It says:

After acceptance, return to the Application Menu Page to view the Payment Processing Section and Available Payment Transactions.

Hope that helps! See you there :)

Do you mean an actual letter or an email with instructions?

I called and they let me know that no e-mail...just a letter in the mail.

Awesome, thanks for letting me know!

Funny how I received application still with us email!!! Just send me a rejection already...

Reactions: 3 users
has anyone received the admissions letter and packet yet?

Received letter Thursday afternoon, email Friday afternoon. FYI for those still waiting on acceptance - there is a $1000 non-refundable deposit required by Jan 8th to hold spot or it is released to next candidate. So the offers will continue after then. Some people do put deposits down at multiple schools, but final deposit is due Apr 15th. Three years ago my sister was wait listed in February and accepted a week later. Someone in her class just found out the week before classes started. Still plenty of time to get accepted! Stay positive!

The exact same thing happened to me as well. I even replied back to their email as soon as I saw it last night. It really made me sad this morning to hear that all the interview spots have been filled, even though I was offered a interview spot in the first place. However, I am sure people will cancel as they get accepted to their top choice. so best of luck to us!

I just withdrew from my interview. I sent the email a couple minutes ago so a spot should open! I hope this means you get it :) my interview was January 22nd.

This is to all the people who were following my earlier post about getting an interview invite and having them tell me they ran out of spots. Just got a call yesterday to schedule an interview, which I did for late January. So stoked! Thanks to everyone for looking out haha

Just paid my deposit. It still hasn't hit me that I got accepted!!!

Just cancelled my interview for February 6th. Good luck to whoever gets it!

Does anyone have an idea of how many acceptances have gone out? It doesn't seem like that many but I really have no idea. Wondering when the next round will go out.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone have an idea of how many acceptances have gone out? It doesn't seem like that many but I really have no idea. Wondering when the next round will go out.

it would help if someone made a facebook page.

it would help if someone made a facebook page.

I second that! I'm 85 percent sure I'll be going to western so a Facebook page to get to know future classmates would be nice!

Will be giving up my interview here on Feb 6th. Hopefully this helps someone here! :)

The next batch of acceptances go out in February. So far away!

So if you already interviewed and only got silence on Dec. 1st, does that pretty much mean you won't be extended an acceptance? Kinda bummed here.

So if you already interviewed and only got silence on Dec. 1st, does that pretty much mean you won't be extended an acceptance? Kinda bummed here.

Just means you are on the alternative list. I'm in the same boat. Hopefully there will still be spots for us!

Do you know if it's early February or late February?

No clue, unfortunately.

Anyone wanna make a class of 2020 Facebook group with me?

Let do it together!

I spoke with a faculty of the school and she said there's no official Facebook group but there are unofficial groups started by students so I'm all for making an unofficial one. Just message me tomorrow and we can get started and admin all that stuff

Just got invited for an interview on January 29th!

Any tips from those who have already interviewed about the process? Also where did you stay hotel-wise, I'm from the East Coast so totally unfamiliar with Cali!

Is anyone else deciding between Western and other schools?

has anyone gotten rejected without interview yet? I'm trying to see if i still have a shot at an interview since i haven't heard anything yet

Just got invited for an interview on January 29th!

Any tips from those who have already interviewed about the process? Also where did you stay hotel-wise, I'm from the East Coast so totally unfamiliar with Cali!

Here's a link provided by admissions with a list of hotels: https://prospective.westernu.edu/assets/prospective/common/local-hotels.pdf

FYI: the hotels in Pomona are closer to the school, but if you're a female, you may feel more comfortable in a hotel on the outskirts of town (Chino Hills, Claremont, Diamond Bar). Although our campus is very safe, Pomona is questionable.

Good luck!

I would definetly not stay at the motel 6 near school...for the first time in my life I had to call a noise complaint...I think I'm getting old.

Interview is good...really focus on why you want to,be a dentist and why western.

Thank you for the insight guys. I am a female so may want to play it safe there! Are you both students currently? What do you think of the school?

I live 10 mins away from western. Pomona is not bad. Interviewing in feb. 6 btw.

Hey, does any know where I can find a list of the rotation sites Western offers for 3rd and 4th year students? If there's no list, do any of you know of some cities in California where they do have rotation sites?