**** The Official WVU School of Dentistry Class 2018 Interview/Acceptance

Interview invite today as well. OOS

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone. I also received the email on 9/5/13 saying "in the near future you will be receiving an email with interview information." It has been a fairly long time and I am still waiting to hear about an interview. Anyone else get that email and is still waiting? I am an OOS resident.

Hey everyone. I also received the email on 9/5/13 saying "in the near future you will be receiving an email with interview information." It has been a fairly long time and I am still waiting to hear about an interview. Anyone else get that email and is still waiting? I am an OOS resident.

I received it on the same day and an still waiting. I'm also oos

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you who have already interviewed, or currently attend:

What impressed you positively?

What impressed you negatively?

I am looking for some up to date info about the school. My interview is Nov 22 and in major need of some current insight, thanks!

has anyone else OOS heard anything yet?

Nope =( sadly!!! looks like Pre-dec for this school is over. Maybe next semester... for those who are currently attending WVU now, how much do you guys end up paying for tuition and everything per year? assuming you are OOS? Thanks

i still haven't heard anything!

NOPE! I keep refreshing the website and NOTHING! Ahhhhh!

Reactions: 1 user
I haven't heard either!! I wonder how many interviewed... got accepted... got rejected...
Ahh... so many QUESTIONS!! NEED. ANSWERS. NOW.

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought about emailing them, but then I got worried that it would look bad. So, here's to waiting longer!

It's just so weird that NO ONE has posted anything.. such a quiet state, huh?

I don't think WVU has updated anything... So no one probably knows whether they've gotten in or not.

I think you're right... from old threads it looks as if people didn't find out until DEC. 8th or so...

I wonder if they consider you if your stats are below average, you're from WV and you have a ton of relevant ECs and great recs!

I'm sure they would. Of course, a lot of my dental school friends got in second time around which terrifies me!

Do you know why they had to go around the second time? That also scares me! But it's still encouraging to hear that they got there... it just took time!!

Not specifically. I think the dental school wants to see commitment, and waiting another year shows that. My best theory.

Nope. But I know people who go there who didn't find out till later in the afternoon/early evening.

Accepted! Just got off the phone with Dr. Price!

Accepted! Also just got the call!

For those accepted, care to leave your stats? Pleaaase ;)

Hello everyone! Congrats on those that are getting their phone calls and letters in the mail!

My name is Matthew Harper, and I am the second year class president at the WVU SoD. Last year I helped the incoming first years with all their questions, concerns, and randomness through their facebook group. Once someone has created the facebook group for your class (Just named WVU School of dentistry class of 2018 in your case), if you don't mind, please invite me so I can be there to answer any questions or give any advice that I possibly can to all of you before you finally get to the school.

Cheers,

Matthew

WV resident, no supplemental app yet. Emailed Wendy from admissions and all she said was that there was no update to my application. I guess no rejection is good news? Has anyone received rejection updates on AADSAS? I'm just hoping they are not sending rejections by snail mail. I had an interview last year but was rejected on Dec 3.

WV resident here too, supp app received but no interview :( My status on the portal didn't change. NERVOUS.

I read on another post that they received a rejection on the portal from WVU. Good sign for us maybe??

Reactions: 1 user
just received a rejection email. I didnt have an interview here

I hope it is a good sign, JRL1214! That's weird that you had an interview last year but got rejected on Dec 3rd. I would think that they would have just wait-listed you... ya know?

Infoinquire, I just got my residency status for this cycle. Hoping that makes a difference.

I received request for suppl. a while back, saying that the next email will include interview information. I have yet to receive an interview. Anyone else in same boat? Is it for sure that I will get an interview or just a maybe?

I received the same email about future interview information in September but still no email.
I received request for suppl. a while back, saying that the next email will include interview information. I have yet to receive an interview. Anyone else in same boat? Is it for sure that I will get an interview or just a maybe?

OOS here, Just got my invite to interview on Jan 17th. I assume at least 20% to 40% of the incoming class still needs to be filled. That's just my opinion based on how other schools work. Best of luck to everyone. This school is my number one choice.

Stats:
PAT 21
QR 13
RC 22
Bio 18
GC 17
OC 18
TS 18
AA 18
GPA: 3.3 while working full time.

Just got an interview!! OOS. Anyone have any advice?

Interviewed in mid December and I still haven't heard anything. Anybody else interview around this time and received something?

My post interview review: I really liked the school. It's a little on the older side but the students and faculty really seemed happy to be there. Manual dexterity test was easy and no pressure don't worry about it. The interview was 2 professors talking to you. They could not have been nicer. The students said the course loads are about 20 to 30 credits per semester over the first two years. Mostly 8am to 5pm class schedule with not a lot of clinical work the first two years. You are in school every Summer you attend so the breaks are not very long. They are trying to increase total class size year after year. The total number of people interviewing that day was 9. There is a mini tram that carts you around campus that's neat. Kind of like a mini Disney mono rail. The city of Morgantown was like a red neck San Francisco. I say that in a good way. Steep mountain sides leading down to the river. Hills covered with tons and tons of apartments. The medical grounds where the school is looked top notch and new. Morgantown is probably one of the top 3 cheapest places to live in of any of the dental schools in the country. I saw homes for sale blocks from the campus for sale for 75k. Hope that helps.
thebigrisky, 47 minutes agoEditReport
#131Reply