The Ohio State University Class of 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharm 714

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Who all is applying? Thought I'd create the thread to discuss admission cycle, stats, interview, etc... Just submitted my supplemental, so now the wait begins :corny:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
No. Hopefully its soon though since interviews are supposed to begin in November

I thought my application had been received but it turns out my fee waiver request wasn't approved so my application is still pending. :( :(

In past years I think they sent out invites by now...xD

this board is really quiet! too quiet..

Reactions: 1 user
I applied to OSU. Hoping to hear back this week! It's my top choice

I applied to OSU. Hoping to hear back this week! It's my top choice
I doubt they will send invites out this week. It will be later, especially since they aren't starting interviews until Jan. They are changing their process from previous years.

I emailed them and they said that the first interview is scheduled for 1/10 and invites will be sent out early next week.

Hello everyone! My name is April Pugh and I work at the Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine. Interviews will be January 6,7,8,17, 24 and 31 (back up date). We are interviewing later this year so we will start sending out interview invitations next week. If you have specific questions, you can always email us at [email protected]. We know that waiting period is tough, but we do appreciate your patience. Thanks, April

Members don't see this ad :)
I emailed them and they said that the first interview is scheduled for 1/10 and invites will be sent out early next week.
Sent in the secondary about two months ago and was starting to get pretty antsy waiting for a reply... Called admissions two weeks ago and they told me my application was still under faculty review. My family has had several Buckeyes go through (including my dad, who graduated from medical school in '84), and I'd love to be the next in line... It is without question my top option right now. Appreciate the information!

Haven't heard anything yet, they'll probably send out invites next week :yeahright:

Received an email earlier today about scheduling an interview for January 10th!

I interview this Saturday, any tips or advice?? Not familiar with the area either.

Is anyone else arriving tonight for tomorrow's interview?

Sorry to hear that. Did you think your interview went well? When did you receive an email?
The interview was every short compared to my other interviews. It's like 20 minute long. I don't think it went well. Anyways, I received the email last night at around 12 AM so it ruined my sleep as well.

does anyone know if there is a facebook page for class of '19 yet?

Apparently thats where they will post a list of people needing room mates; housing is serious business lol.

Has anyone that has received the tuition deposit confirmation email been able to access the student portal yet?

I just did mine last night so not yet.. but it did say it could take 3-5 days to process... if/when I get mine I'll let you know.
ok, thanks! I sent in my deposit January 20th and just got the email yesterday, so they might just be lagging a bit.

I looked but couldn't find one, so I don't think it's been made yet... Lol but I agree on housing, hopefully the Facebook page gets done soon

Although I think the Facebook page is normally made by students, so anyone can do it.
Thanks. btw, how did your remaining interv's go?
I still have 2 left, but already made my deposit to Osu and all.

Just got invited for an interview -- it was strange because I didn't even submit my supplemental application -- though in their email they said that I am required to do so still if I want to accept the interview. I've already gotten accepted into other schools but I know that this is a great program. Decisions decisions.

Reactions: 2 users
Perfect! Thanks for being the one to do it.. lol I'm from NY so I definitely need housing advice
I was wondering though if it shouldn't be a group instead of a page.. unless theres not much of a difference.
I was going to make a group but in order to do so, I'd have to invite people (FB doesn't let you start a group of one). Since I'm from Florida I didn't know anyone else going. I made the page just to get started, then I or someone else can make a private group to actually post discussions for the students actually going there.

Does anyone know if it'll be easy to obtain residency in Ohio for tuition purposes? Does one have to be self-sufficient i.e. earn a certain amount of money while attending school in order to qualify?

Does anyone know if it'll be easy to obtain residency in Ohio for tuition purposes? Does one have to be self-sufficient i.e. earn a certain amount of money while attending school in order to qualify?
From the phone calls I've made, you DO have to be self-sufficient. But from what I understand, you have to make enough money to support yourself, which means that depending on your rent and other costs you'd have to make enough to cover all of your expenses.